Williams EM's for TPA

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Here's 5 Williams EM's I'd like to see:

Capt Fantastic - License aside, a fun game that needs to be added. At his advanced age, Elton John may be more agreeable to letting TPA to make this without big demands.

Flicker - Could be hard to get all the licenses, but an iconic EM table.

Hi-Deal - Cards and a King Kong-like gorilla.

Dealers Choice - Rollovers and buttons plus double-flippers.

Air Aces - Similar play to Jumping Jack but different enough.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
These games are not Williams, they are Bally. Except for "Second Hand", I can't find this one, wrong name?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Must mean Pat Hand or maybe Top Hand. Those are two Williams EMs that he could be remembering. Very easy to confuse the names on many of those old card themed EMs.

For me Gottlieb and Bally always ruled the EM world. But a few more sweet Williams EMs are Grand Prix, Space Mission, Aztec, Triple Strike, Liberty Bell, OXO, and Klondike.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Dave, Kolchak really like the suggestions you guys have made. Hope some of them happen. How have I missed Dealers Choice? Looks great

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My #1 most wanted Williams EM for TPA is Grand Prix. They give a good view of some gameplay at around 3 min. mark

Triple Strike, Aztec, Dealers Choice, & Space Mission make a top 5 for me

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Since this started off with so many awesome Bally EM's I will leave my 5 most wanted: Old Chicago, Balls-a-Poppin, Nip it, Four Million B.C., and Bow and Arrow. Would gladly take any in the op too

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Not that i'm old enough to have played one, but Bally's Balls A Poppin, the first Multi-Ball pin, is an amazing EM. I spent a lot of time with it on Visual Pinball.

Gary

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I saw this game mentioned on Steam:

nine-sisters-pinball-machine-williams.jpg

The first pinball to use a ramp. It sounds interesting I would love to see it in action but could find no video. Anyone know of any other game to use the 'whirligig' ? If not, it sounds cool and might make a nice addition to a new machine, lots of possible uses.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1679

71595d065077b2cb5d2148c87992bd061fa6cdee.jpg

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Nine Sisters is interesting because of its 2 autoramps on the left side. Ball times are short, though. Williams tables were made for bars and gambling.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I've played 9 Sisters at Vintage Flipper World. It is neat from a historical perspective but gameplay wise people will not be satisfied. You have a single flipper so little control of the balls - oddly you have two flipper buttons still. And you see the ball capture holes in the center of the table for N I N E? Once your ball goes in one of those it doesn't pop back out. That's the end of the ball and you move on to the next one. Which is typical for wood rails with those ball capture holes. Those two table mechanics alone I don't think people will appreciate.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
It's an interesting idea, but I think anything older than wedgeheads will be a very hard sell.

Perhaps, if there was an app that was about the preservation of pinball for the ages or something, and that specialized in making the history of pinball its main focus then we may hope to see these older games.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Perhaps, if there was an app that was about the preservation of pinball for the ages or something, and that specialized in making the history of pinball its main focus then we may hope to see these older games.

That's funny. That's what people think this app is about. Doesn't help that that's what FarSight put in its' mission statement.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts