Wii U version coming out in a few weeks

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah the Nintendo Direct mention seems to lay that concern to rest, now will it be this month or next month? More importantly, how much is this going to cost me and can I import my scores, etc. from the iOS version via my PBA account?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah the Nintendo Direct mention seems to lay that concern to rest, now will it be this month or next month? More importantly, how much is this going to cost me and can I import my scores, etc. from the iOS version via my PBA account?
You'll have to start a new save for goals and high scores. Local high scores are stored locally, only your all time high scores are tied to your TPA account. Also no idea how they have to interact with Nintendo ID.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
You'll have to start a new save for goals and high scores. Local high scores are stored locally, only your all time high scores are tied to your TPA account. Also no idea how they have to interact with Nintendo ID.

Yeah Sean, Elder. And everyone who plays... If you are one on this forum who is planning on rockin' TPA on the Wii U, I have started a friends thread. Since I am one of those rare Wii U owners who first a pinball player, and waaaay distant second a gamer, I don't do much "Miiverse". However pinball players should stick together. The friends scoreboards rule but we'll have to get people goin on the tPA community over there. I have managed to round up many Zen friends over there many of which I hope are buying TPA, but TPA will be better the more we have on our friends lists.

So Sean, you need people to compete with over there LOL!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well I still don't know if I'll get it on the Wii U, it depends on how it's priced. If it's a free download with TOTAN unlocked, then sure, I'll grab it, and use one of my Dr Who KS codes to get that, but I don't see myself paying for tables on a third platform.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Well I still don't know if I'll get it on the Wii U, it depends on how it's priced. If it's a free download with TOTAN unlocked, then sure, I'll grab it, and use one of my Dr Who KS codes to get that, but I don't see myself paying for tables on a third platform.

Hear ya... I started the whole pinball habit on 360 and Wii U and then expanded (not all tables) but many, into mobile and Steam.... Could I go back, I'd have left it on the consoles because they are superior in the pinball experience IMO. But definitely understand the ramifications going 3 (or more) platform LOL.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Local high scores are stored locally, only your all time high scores are tied to your TPA account.

Xbox consoles know nothing of your TPA account or anyone else's, and have their own online leaderboards. I suspect the case will be the same for the WiiU.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Xbox consoles know nothing of your TPA account or anyone else's, and have their own online leaderboards. I suspect the case will be the same for the WiiU.

That's the worst case scenario, yes? I don't think anyone knows how Nintendo ID plays with 3rd-party accounts like TPA, unless there's a definite example from another game. Sony allows TPA leaderboard scores to be shared outside of PSN, it's only Microsoft who don't allow that.

Really doesn't bother me personally since my PC and the Wii U are in the same room so I'll always play the PC version anyway. Just curious about Wii U if I can get the basic download for free.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I just saw this on Youtube, jumped straight here to confirm.

I just got a PS3 as well, was almost considering it.
Will it have any enhancements over the 360 version?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
SuperMetalDave64 has an amazing series on the NX and what is known about it.
He seems to be the most reliable source for information so far.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Ouya is just the Android version.
Ouya version is it's own build and specifically uses controllers. You could sideload the android version on Ouya but it would be incompatible because the Android version won't support the Ouya controllers. They are developed independently of each other and custom tailored to the control scheme of the device.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I just saw this on Youtube, jumped straight here to confirm.

I just got a PS3 as well, was almost considering it.
Will it have any enhancements over the 360 version?

superballs,

I have played the 360 versions of Zen and PBA extensively, as well as Wii U version of Zen. (as you probably have also). While nobody can claim the Wii U has much more processing power than the 360, there is something about it. The tables look brighter, more realistically lit, more realistically shaded, and a little more detailed on Wii U.

I base this on many hours of Zen on both systems, as well as that WII U teaser video put out by Farsight (assuming the recordings were cut from the actual Wii U system). This looks to be the best looking TPA for pre 2013 systems yet :) If you play the 360 versions like me, I'd opt for Wii U over your PS 3. Because of this and the inherent capacity and flexibility of the system (DMD on game pad or on screen with pro controller :) )

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
superballs,

I have played the 360 versions of Zen and PBA extensively, as well as Wii U version of Zen. (as you probably have also). While nobody can claim the Wii U has much more processing power than the 360, there is something about it. The tables look brighter, more realistically lit, more realistically shaded, and a little more detailed on Wii U.

I base this on many hours of Zen on both systems, as well as that WII U teaser video put out by Farsight (assuming the recordings were cut from the actual Wii U system). This looks to be the best looking TPA for pre 2013 systems yet :) If you play the 360 versions like me, I'd opt for Wii U over your PS 3. Because of this and the inherent capacity and flexibility of the system (DMD on game pad or on screen with pro controller :) )

The WiiU version looks very nicely done-for the most part. I'll get my one complaint out of the way-the DMD looks like it came from the Ouya or the PC at low resolution. Maybe it will look better on the controller screen (which is a neat feature IMO). I also hope it sounds better than the PS4 version-not an incredibly hard task.

Besides that, Steven seems to be on the money about the table graphics. I wonder which machine TPA on the WiiU will be current to. To all of those on the boards who've waited even longer for a WiiU version than those who've waited for the 360 version (which never made it past TAF), my hat goes off to you. You're a lot more patient than I am. Then again, who isn't?

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
It's just a teaser/confirmation that it will be launching on Wii U. The proof will be in the pudding as more details are officially announced.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Anybody have any more leads besides the EU Nintendo Direct trailor and the previous leak that started this thread? I'd love to see some updated videos besides the 3+ year old launch trailer.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Anybody have any more leads besides the EU Nintendo Direct trailor and the previous leak that started this thread? I'd love to see some updated videos besides the 3+ year old launch trailer.

Good question. I have a hunch what people have posted is all there is, outside of Farsight or the big N. I would put some money down though, that we are talking weeks and not a month or more. I am tired of the 360 version LOL. (not really, but really want to get this going on the Wii U). I think there are alot of folks checking daily for some news.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Good question. I have a hunch what people have posted is all there is, outside of Farsight or the big N. I would put some money down though, that we are talking weeks and not a month or more. I am tired of the 360 version LOL. (not really, but really want to get this going on the Wii U). I think there are alot of folks checking daily for some news.
I hope they really let it shine on the Wii-U. While it appears on first glance that the Wii-U has a much slower CPU compared to the 360, it's probably much more efficient in terms of operations per clock cycle, and has a more capable GPU. I hope the Wii-U port gets some nice lighting and takes advantage of whatever fancy render effects the Wii-U's GPU offers, and is not a 1:1 port of the 360 version.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I hope they really let it shine on the Wii-U. While it appears on first glance that the Wii-U has a much slower CPU compared to the 360, it's probably much more efficient in terms of operations per clock cycle, and has a more capable GPU. I hope the Wii-U port gets some nice lighting and takes advantage of whatever fancy render effects the Wii-U's GPU offers, and is not a 1:1 port of the 360 version.

Howdy Stardust... just to clarify although I dont wanna shift the topic.

The Wii U is relatively equal to the 360 and PS3 in terms of power... but you are exactly right on the enhanced graphics. Graphically, Wii U has a few enhancements over that generation. Instead of considering it the worst on this gen, since it beat PS4/xbone by over a year, I consider it the best of the previous gen LOL. That is why Zen looks better on the Wii U compared to the 360. However it is true that the Wii U has less power than an xbox one or PS4.

So, Stardust! Dare I ask...are you planning to buy at least the first four tables and the first season? LOL I will initially buy that, Then I may wait and see if they can give us a break for waiting so long by putting seasons two and three on sale :) I know as I am out there campaigning for this game, more will jump in. Send me a friend req on Miiverse... steven120566 :)

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Howdy Stardust... just to clarify although I dont wanna shift the topic.

The Wii U is relatively equal to the 360 and PS3 in terms of power... but you are exactly right on the enhanced graphics. Graphically, Wii U has a few enhancements over that generation. Instead of considering it the worst on this gen, since it beat PS4/xbone by over a year, I consider it the best of the previous gen LOL. That is why Zen looks better on the Wii U compared to the 360. However it is true that the Wii U has less power than an xbox one or PS4.

So, Stardust! Dare I ask...are you planning to buy at least the first four tables and the first season? LOL I will initially buy that, Then I may wait and see if they can give us a break for waiting so long by putting seasons two and three on sale :) I know as I am out there campaigning for this game, more will jump in. Send me a friend req on Miiverse... steven120566 :)
I don't pay much attention to stats, but I know Mario 3D World and Zen Pinball look Amazing on it. Pinball Arcade no doubt will be awesome. I am looking forward to playing on the Gamepad too...

Members online

Members online