Wii U version coming out in a few weeks

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I don't pay much attention to stats, but I know Mario 3D World and Zen Pinball look Amazing on it. Pinball Arcade no doubt will be awesome. I am looking forward to playing on the Gamepad too...

Right on man, 100% on the mark! I am hoping the release pays off for Farsight on this one, even though it wont make them as much as IOS or android LOL. Every sale will help, so I want to keep the dream alive as a pinball fan and a fan of Nintendo consoles!

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Right on man, 100% on the mark! I am hoping the release pays off for Farsight on this one, even though it wont make them as much as IOS or android LOL. Every sale will help, so I want to keep the dream alive as a pinball fan and a fan of Nintendo consoles!

The press release said "very early 2016". It's almost the end of March. Is "very early" also passed? Now we are in "sorta early" not "very early"? LOL !

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The press release said "very early 2016". It's almost the end of March. Is "very early" also passed? Now we are in "sorta early" not "very early"? LOL !
Well, if it's not out tomorrow morning, there's still one more Thursday (March 31st) before April fools rears it's ugly head...:confused:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Might as well make it a launch title for Nintendo NX as soon it's formally announced?

Still looking forward to the release on Wii U anyway, the dual screen play looked interesting.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
And NX launch title becomes "coming soon." Deja-Vu all over again... :p

Scary aint it?

a5e8765eed3db9acf584c0f84fde4a45.jpg

33eb32cfa8349203b4484a3cf3bf5c21.jpg

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
There are rumors that the Wii-U will end soon. Does Farsight still release this if those rumors are true?

Yes they have announced it, and ready to release.

Doesn't matter at this point about rumors true or not the Wiiu is the current entrenched system from Nintendo, now and for a long time to come. Remember there are almost 13 million Wii Us in use, zero NXs in use. No Wii U owners have pitched the system or stopped buying on e-shop just yet. And that isn't going to change any time soon. Only "rumors" are around this NX or whatever it is.

Farsight has been promising this title for years, and Wii U is at the peak of it's installation base. 13 million is not stellar but there are alot of Wii U players just chomping at the bit to get TPA. Cheers :)

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Yes but how many will download more than the base pack, if at all? Nintendo don't particularly like free demo software and typically allow 30 plays before hitting a paywall, but it would not hurt to enable the starter pack in demo mode.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Yes but how many will download more than the base pack, if at all? Nintendo don't particularly like free demo software and typically allow 30 plays before hitting a paywall, but it would not hurt to enable the starter pack in demo mode.

I would assume the purchase structure will be the same or similiar to x360. 9.99 and then seasons and table pack options.

I see it this way. I am a pinball player first, gamer ditsant second. I also will pick a console and stick with it till it goes dark. I inherited a 360, but bought my Wii U. While Mario Kart 8 was a big factor, pinball apps were even bigger factor. So, I am not the typical Farsight customer. But here is what things were like when I bought my WiiU...

I bought it because Zen had been released. As much as I love pinball, either app has enough tables to keep me busy. I didn't have to have both. I had never even played PBA until they released on x360 and didn't even care because Zen had over 50 awesome tables (except V-12 lmao). But another factor in that purchase was PBA. PBA looked like a phenomenal piece of work though. How can I say it was a factor in my Wii U purchase when they had still not released it? Well, that logo never left the PBA website. Plus, the FAQ about Farsight's intent never left their site. And they had the promo vid up for years.

FF to late autumn 2015, and I had written it off. I was thoroughly disgusted with Farsight for the way the handled the Wii U release. It may have been Nintendo's fault partially also. But why did Farsight string me and others along? Why keep our hopes up shhesh? So in late December they went all out with a social media release, then a teaser video on Youtube. What had made me very angry at Farsight and vowed to never give them a dime, they earned all my respect, and then some, for sticking with their promise and working with the difficult, yet great company, Nintendo. Farsight has redeemed and now I will buy every piece of DLC for my system of choice when they finally release it.

I am not wealthy but since I play pinball almost exclusively, I can afford to buy all reasonably priced tables Zen and Farsight ever make probably until I am too old and feeble to play. (That's still many many years I hope). But I only need one or the other. So Farsight has come through and is showing their mettle with release. Point being this saga is not about the NX, or how many will buy the Wii U release. (Although I have been stumping my butt off on Miiverse, Facebook, and even Youtube trying to generate interest. I am a sales/marketing guy in real life. I am working to get Farsight as many buys as I can help with). This is now about Farsight honoring their word for like 4 years of stringing us along. I think it will help them in the long run because alot of Wii U players, Zen was their first exposure to pinball in any form, and many love it now. They never even played the real deal.

Farsight, if ya follow through you have earned my respect not only for your great product, but also your diligence in doing what you said you would do. Release what you can and make it free of bugs, and I will continue to hype your product wherever I can and I will follow it to a future console. Fail and I apologize, but I am done with ya, I will play other pinball games.

I apologize for the rant, but it is more, far more.. praise for following through than it is whining about their release delay on the Wii U. :)

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I would assume the purchase structure will be the same or similiar to x360. 9.99 and then seasons and table pack options.

I see it this way. I am a pinball player first, gamer ditsant second. I also will pick a console and stick with it till it goes dark. I inherited a 360, but bought my Wii U. While Mario Kart 8 was a big factor, pinball apps were even bigger factor. So, I am not the typical Farsight customer. But here is what things were like when I bought my WiiU...

I bought it because Zen had been released. As much as I love pinball, either app has enough tables to keep me busy. I didn't have to have both. I had never even played PBA until they released on x360 and didn't even care because Zen had over 50 awesome tables (except V-12 lmao). But another factor in that purchase was PBA. PBA looked like a phenomenal piece of work though. How can I say it was a factor in my Wii U purchase when they had still not released it? Well, that logo never left the PBA website. Plus, the FAQ about Farsight's intent never left their site. And they had the promo vid up for years.

FF to late autumn 2015, and I had written it off. I was thoroughly disgusted with Farsight for the way the handled the Wii U release. It may have been Nintendo's fault partially also. But why did Farsight string me and others along? Why keep our hopes up shhesh? So in late December they went all out with a social media release, then a teaser video on Youtube. What had made me very angry at Farsight and vowed to never give them a dime, they earned all my respect, and then some, for sticking with their promise and working with the difficult, yet great company, Nintendo. Farsight has redeemed and now I will buy every piece of DLC for my system of choice when they finally release it.

I am not wealthy but since I play pinball almost exclusively, I can afford to buy all reasonably priced tables Zen and Farsight ever make probably until I am too old and feeble to play. (That's still many many years I hope). But I only need one or the other. So Farsight has come through and is showing their mettle with release. Point being this saga is not about the NX, or how many will buy the Wii U release. (Although I have been stumping my butt off on Miiverse, Facebook, and even Youtube trying to generate interest. I am a sales/marketing guy in real life. I am working to get Farsight as many buys as I can help with). This is now about Farsight honoring their word for like 4 years of stringing us along. I think it will help them in the long run because alot of Wii U players, Zen was their first exposure to pinball in any form, and many love it now. They never even played the real deal.

Farsight, if ya follow through you have earned my respect not only for your great product, but also your diligence in doing what you said you would do. Release what you can and make it free of bugs, and I will continue to hype your product wherever I can and I will follow it to a future console. Fail and I apologize, but I am done with ya, I will play other pinball games.

I apologize for the rant, but it is more, far more.. praise for following through than it is whining about their release delay on the Wii U. :)
I too was exited about PBA on Wii-U. In fact, the press release regardng PBA as a "launch window" title on Wii-U was what initially alerted me to Pinall Arcade's existence. I had awesome fun with the Gottlieb Collection on Game Cube, although I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart and buy all their systems, retro or new.

I never wrote off TPA on Wii-U, but since I had zero interest in aquiring a PS4 or Xbone, and generally loathe touch screen gaming, Ouya became my goto platform for TPA shortly after I aquired one. Now I'm kind of pigeonholed as Ouya is fast becoming a dead platform and the fact I bought all five seasons of TPA on it is the main reason I keep it connected.

Also, Zen pinball is awesome, and I bought all the Non-Marvel tables as well as their Star Wars app. But there's a lot of great awesome games available on Wii-U that you can't get elsewhere, and I kinda feel bad for you if you're shutting yourself off to their excellent library of games simply because it's not pinball.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Oh, I still play some of the Wii games on the Wii U as well. The frisbee golf game both on the golf course and the dog on the beach can not be beat ;) And of course MK 8, Fast racing NEO and others. Just mostly pinball :)

My point was mostly regarding Farsight and the TPA game being available to us. Everyone has got NX fever and to me it makes no sense, since it doesn't exist. Show me what the NX has going for it two years after its released before we just dump the Wii U. At least that's the way I pick a system, sounds like you think it through the same way Stardust!

At this point with the game almost done, people are still saying Farsight won't release. And I am saying the implications to both companies, Ninty and Farsight, would be bad if they didn't follow through as some were still suggesting, that they now will not follow through.

In the (unfathomable at this point) event that Nintendo and Farsight bail (because I believe both are somewhat responsible to this soap opera to date) on the Wii U now, they will both probably have lost me as far as investing in an NX or TPA again. I would just follow the Zen (and other publishers) to whatever console most of the friends I have on The Wii U go to. But I'd rather have both apps and do not believe Farsight and Ninty will let us down :) And if things do go down with a solid release on Wii U, like I said Farsight will really have shown alot of cajones and will really get alot of respect from Nintendo fans!

I feel for ya as an ouya investor Stardust, and couldnt agree more on the ps4 or xbone!

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm also thinking if the NX is a home console, Nintendo would be foolish not to run Wii/Wii U software on it via some kind of compatibility layer, whether a daughterboard or emulation. The eShop has a lot of content and that would effectively make Pinball Arcade a launch title on NX as well!

If you consider the Wii U user base the hardcore Nintendo fan, you can't really cut the cord there. But we'll see what E3 reveals.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
NX will not be backwards compatible with Wii-U because the PowerPC architecture is dead and Wii-U is far too powerful to emulate reliably. A hybrid console with a beefed up quad core ARM could put out considerably more muscle than the Wii-U and still be efficent as a portable running off batteries. Xbone and PS4, like their first gen predecessors, are basically hair dryers. I'm not suggesting NX can't use x86, but this architecture is too power hungry for a portable without massive batteries.

I'm thinking a slimmed down Game Pad with the brains inside it, can run passively with reduced performance in 480p as a portable, or as an HD 1080p powerhouse when docked. ARMs could be designed for massive overclocked operation with an active cooling solution. Perhaps the NX tablet could have CPU vents on the back which connect to a cooling fan in the dock. Wii-U pro controllers for local multiplayer. Nintendo has a great controller. No reason to reinvent the wheel, ahem, Sony/MS.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
NX will not be backwards compatible with Wii-U because the PowerPC architecture is dead and Wii-U is far too powerful to emulate reliably. A hybrid console with a beefed up quad core ARM could put out considerably more muscle than the Wii-U and still be efficent as a portable running off batteries. Xbone and PS4, like their first gen predecessors, are basically hair dryers. I'm not suggesting NX can't use x86, but this architecture is too power hungry for a portable without massive batteries.

I'm thinking a slimmed down Game Pad with the brains inside it, can run passively with reduced performance in 480p as a portable, or as an HD 1080p powerhouse when docked. ARMs could be designed for massive overclocked operation with an active cooling solution. Perhaps the NX tablet could have CPU vents on the back which connect to a cooling fan in the dock. Wii-U pro controllers for local multiplayer. Nintendo has a great controller. No reason to reinvent the wheel, ahem, Sony/MS.

Sean... interesting. TPA sales continue onto NX if eshop keeps current content and NX can run it. That ideal for me, because owning all the tables does add up to a good chunk of money. Would also help people like me be more inclined to go NX for next console lol... I still play Wii games on the U. But the Wii store even then did not integrate into the current eshop.

Stardust is likely right though. In that case I still invest and play till we go dark. Should be some years I hope. As stardust states, the controller we have now is awesome for pinball, the best one of all IMO. better than sony, ms for the trigger use.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I can't wait. Since I always keep my old consoles, I can continue enjoying Wii-U titles alongside NX. I expect there will be deals on Wii-U games through the Nintendo Selects program, and a potential dual release of Zelda-U on both systems like they did with Twilight Princess.

If all five pinball seasons get released on the U, I'll be a happy camper.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I know it's likely they're dumping the PPC, but it seems to me a daughterboard could solve that problem: run the NX in "Wii U" mode like the Wii U runs Wii mode. Obviously if there's a handheld that links up you couldn't take the Wii U games on the go as that would be too many chips for a portable device.

I think it's more likely however that if the NX is a hybrid system a handheld version will come first, then a home console one. That would give them more time to decide how much they need to hedge their bets.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
An add-on would add unneeded expense. It would be wiser of Nintendo to simply release a "Wii-U Mini" than to develop an add-on or daughterboard to the NX hardware.

Game Cube, Wii, and Wii-U were b/c because they all used PPC arctitecture. Just like GBA/DS/3DS were all ARM based.

Jeff Sousa

May 21, 2016
It is possible, but Wii compatibility is more simpler to the Wii U due to the same architecture. The only hardware from Wii that Wii U has to maintain retrocompatibility is the internal NAND memory (that's why Wii on Wii U still are limited to 512MB internal memory instead of 8 or 32GB). GameCube Retrocompatibility on Wii was like that too, it only has the controller and memory card ports, with Nintendont you can play GC games on a Wii Family edition that is theoretically, not capable to run GameCube games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.