Wii U version coming out in a few weeks

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Just going to post this comment from the Doctor Who comments section on Kickstarter:

"Creator FarSight Studios about 1 hour ago
[MENTION=2430]Jeffrey Alan[/MENTION], Wii U should be coming out in the next few weeks, actually. (U.S. only)"

So, enjoy that little reveal.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Just going to post this comment from the Doctor Who comments section on Kickstarter:

"Creator FarSight Studios about 1 hour ago

[MENTION=2430]Jeffrey Alan[/MENTION], Wii U should be coming out in the next few weeks, actually. (U.S. only)"

So, enjoy that little reveal.
Thanks for the update.

I hope I am not the only one fired up over this release! I have tried many controllers, and the Wii U pro controller is the best for playing pinball. I hope they can have sales on the older seasons like they did with the 360! I hope the DMD can be on screen with using the Pro controller, not just the game pad! I hope the online servers work!
I hope it is worth the wait! I am hyping this among all the Zen players I know on Miiverse!

Yeah I have been waiting too long LOL.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
"should"
And it's U.S. only?

I assume "should" means barring some sort of delay (last minute discovered glitch, Nintendo delays it for some reason, etc). As for U.S. only, I assume that only refers to the release date. Meaning they know it's coming out soonish in the U.S., but might take a while elsewhere.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Hopefully European release won't be far off and hopefully they'll have all tables available for purchase (with some kind of inviting discount for mass purchase).

Really looking forward to big-screen play!

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Hopefully European release won't be far off and hopefully they'll have all tables available for purchase (with some kind of inviting discount for mass purchase).

Really looking forward to big-screen play!

Hope Europe gets it too Sean.

Having played Zen/FX extensively on WiiU, 360, steam, (and a little mobile but not much), I can vouch for the Wii U as probably the best platform on which to play that game. I hope that the Farsight app is as good on Wii U as that one. Although the leaderboards are problematic, the actual game play has a better feel to it. Probably because the Wii U has really good controllers. Myself, I use the pro controller for pinball on the TV screen, not the gamepad. But, also I sometimes play the tables on the gamepad entirely. Also the tables look crisper on the Wii U than they do on 360.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I have a PS3 as well, but I'm not a big fan of the UI or the shop or the analogue triggers on the Dual Shock 3. Besides, I'm intrigued about how the second screen on the gamepad will be used.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I have a PS3 as well, but I'm not a big fan of the UI or the shop or the analogue triggers on the Dual Shock 3. Besides, I'm intrigued about how the second screen on the gamepad will be used.

I know for sure it will allow for the DMD to display on pad while controlling the TV screen with the pad buttons...

Also would like to see the following other two options as well:

1. Play with full screen and DMD just on gamepad, and
2. Play with other Wii U controllers full on TV screen with DMD also on screen.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I know for sure it will allow for the DMD to display on pad while controlling the TV screen with the pad buttons...

Also would like to see the following other two options as well:

1. Play with full screen and DMD just on gamepad, and
2. Play with other Wii U controllers full on TV screen with DMD also on screen.

Gamepad on its side would be interesting. The perspective is my main concern. One of the things I like about the iPad is being able to use a vertical display, but my TV doesn't rotate, so that's out (assuming they even programmed that in). I did buy a couple of tables for the Mac version before I found out about the iOS release and of course I have Zen, so I know it's going to be playable. Just might want a bigger TV when mine dies!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Excited about this, finally. But with NX on the horizon, is it too late...:p

I am sooo spoiled by the gamepad though. I love playing Zen on it so that I rarely turn on the tv.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Gotta know what NX is first. No doubt we'll be told PBA will be a launch title, only to release five years later...I'm not bitter, honest!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Gotta know what NX is first. No doubt we'll be told PBA will be a launch title, only to release five years later...I'm not bitter, honest!

Despite FarSight's noble efforts to bring TPA to every console, the WiiU and the 360 are two glaring examples of failure on FS's part.
I hope history doesn't repeat itself with the NX, but I think it will.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Despite FarSight's noble efforts to bring TPA to every console, the WiiU and the 360 are two glaring examples of failure on FS's part.

I'm pretty sure that their publisher going bankrupt was what caused the problems with the 360 version, the subsequent problems were all down to Microsoft refusing to deal directly with a small studio.

I'd hardly call Wii U a glaring failure either. Just a case of biting off more than they could chew. Making (grand) plans, announcing them, and then realizing they don't have enough staff to pull it off in a timely fashion is the Farsight way.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I'm pretty sure that their publisher going bankrupt was what caused the problems with the 360 version, the subsequent problems were all down to Microsoft refusing to deal directly with a small studio.

I'd hardly call Wii U a glaring failure either. Just a case of biting off more than they could chew. Making (grand) plans, announcing them, and then realizing they don't have enough staff to pull it off in a timely fashion is the Farsight way.

Yeah, I'd call the WiiU version a disappointment, not a failure. And disappointment only thusfar. Could turn into a great game on the Wii U.

It has yet to be released, and am looking forward to its awesomeness. Soon. Please Farsight. Soon. My money awaits...And they promised on Facebook. It must be true. Right? :D

Sean

Jun 13, 2012

If the NX is indeed a rumoured home console with a Gamepad that's usable as a fully portable system in its own right, it's possible it could displace the iPad as my mobile gaming platform. The Pinball Arcade would be a must if so!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013

Don't forget people had trouble with PSTV as well. And people had to wait for the super-fix for PS3 due to the inflexibility of providing updates to DLC content. So really all the big three consoles had issues to deal with...

Meanwhile Ouya gets day one updates the entire time with the ablility to play with real control pads (I highly recommend using PS3 because the stock Ouya pads are laggy junk), despite the console being "dead" for all purposes, and the future of Ouya store hinging on the success of Razor Forge and Cortex. :rolleyes:

If the NX is indeed a rumoured home console with a Gamepad that's usable as a fully portable system in its own right, it's possible it could displace the iPad as my mobile gaming platform. The Pinball Arcade would be a must if so!

This! I love the gamepad despite what anyone says...

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ouya is just the Android version. Since Google Play and Steam are by far the easiest distribution platforms for FS to work with, they get updates without any significant delays. iOS used to be quicker, but Apple has recently been seeing delays in approving content (usually 1-2 weeks). Sony and Microsoft have the toughest rules for getting into their walled garden, and charge the most for access. If it costs $xx,000 to push new DLC to Sony/MS, imagine doing that every month as opposed to doing it once or twice a year.

People complain that Zen manage to co-ordinate their releases, but FS don't - well Zen don't release on a monthly basis. They're also a bigger studio.

If FS went to 3 or 4 releases a year across all platforms maybe they could co-ordinate things as well, but how many of the Android/iOS/Steam crowd would get upset they're not getting their "one table a month"?

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
In terms of release for any developer... There are many factors and reasons why things go the way they do. Nothing is ever so cut and dry; even if it appears as so.

Each situation differs depending on the content, DLC, agreement, stipulations, requirements, licencing, track history, third party involvement, etc.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I'll be considerably pissed if this doesn't get a release in Australia.

Meanwhile a feature I'd really like to see from Zen be included in TPA is the ability to look closely at the table at any time during play. I use the gamepad, and in Zen, you simply hold down a button to zoom in, and tilt it to maneuver you're view. It's very handy.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
A small clip was just featured in the Nintendo Direct EU. So it's definitely on Nintendo's radar, so I'd imagine we'd see it shortly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.