WiiU Friends Thread

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Well, with the soon to be release of TPA on Wii U, time to get a friend list going to make pinball more fun! Please send friend request :)

Miiverse name: steven120566
nickname: schmitzy

Hope to see you on Miiverse!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
NNID: charron.aaron

There are a few of us I know.
How many of us still post here regularly, I know not.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm sean.aaron. I also have several Zen tables, but I haven't fired it up in ages; bit of score chasing might change that!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My NNID is, surprisingly, EldarOfSuburbia :D

I don't really play online, the only evidence of my existence is a handful of Super Mario Maker courses, if that's your thing.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've sent out my requests. I not only fired up Zen 2 for the first time in many months, but I even bought another bundle of Marvel tables! I've beaten a couple of your lower scores Steve, but it's going to take some time to learn the tables and chase properly. One of the problems I've had with the Zen tables is that they seem to put a lot of info in the DMD, but the positioning and size of it means I can't take the time to read it and the playfield doesn't always make it clear what you're trying to do.

condiff

Mar 14, 2016
I've been playing Zen Pinball 2 for a while now and I'm excited about TPA. I can't wait for it to come out. Send me a friend request at Dan_Condiff

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
My NNID is Rafie82. I'll be picking up the Wii U version as well. I already have TPA on PS3, Vita, PS4, 360, and Xbox One. I'll have it on the Wii U too!

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
My NNID is Rafie82. I'll be picking up the Wii U version as well. I already have TPA on PS3, Vita, PS4, 360, and Xbox One. I'll have it on the Wii U too!

Awesome! We have quite a contest heating up and they haven't released it even :)

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
You can find me as Stuzz78. I sent several friend requests the other day too, but only one reply so far. Get on your WiiU's people!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've not logged in in days - too busy watching RiffTrax and the new MST3K box! I'll get online tonight though; I've been neglecting Paper Mario and have a serious gaming backlog as well.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
They'll definitely provide a sale for the first couple of seasons for folks to catch up to the rest. That's right up my alley though. I got friends on the Wii U too whose good at pinball and can actually rival a few of the top scorer's on the leaderboards. This is gonna be fun.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Unrelated to TPA or WiiU friends, but I just noticed in Zen's press release for Aliens vs Pinball the following: "The Aliens vs. Pinball pack will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PSN, Steam, Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android, and Amazon on April 26th." Now it doesn't say it's NOT coming to WiiU, but unfortunately it's not coming this month. Has anyone seen further info about this?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Unrelated to TPA or WiiU friends, but I just noticed in Zen's press release for Aliens vs Pinball the following: "The Aliens vs. Pinball pack will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PSN, Steam, Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android, and Amazon on April 26th." Now it doesn't say it's NOT coming to WiiU, but unfortunately it's not coming this month. Has anyone seen further info about this?

Well, as we Wii U players know all to well, Zen has always released much later on Wii U. At this point, they may be porting over but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I thought we'd be playing TPA by Q2 2016 though too :( .

Old Zen hasn't released a table since Age of Ultron on our favorite console :(

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
They did bring the Star Wars tables and if they're supporting PS3, Xbox 360 and Mobile I have to think they're still supporting Wii U - unless they took a bath in Star Wars? I know I haven't bought it, but that's more down to ambivalence about the license.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
They did bring the Star Wars tables and if they're supporting PS3, Xbox 360 and Mobile I have to think they're still supporting Wii U - unless they took a bath in Star Wars? I know I haven't bought it, but that's more down to ambivalence about the license.

Well you can never know how many they did sell. But for kicks, I will score (intentionally) abysmal the first time I play a table on Wii U to see what my ranking is. For the main star wars tables, I was in the 16,000 range which means about that many different people had played. That is profitable for sure. However, for the Zen tables it was much less. But for both Zen and Farsight, the designs are all done by the time it gets to the Wii U. It's just a matter of tweaking them to make sure they run. No more design investment required.

So I understand why it is what it is for Wii U. But at this point, since porting over of the core engines of the tables is probably farly easy once it's out on other systems, they can still make money. Farsight should make money on the WiiU release, or at worst they will reduce any losses that they have spent developing. Either way at this point they will benefit from releasing as opposed to not releasing, I am certain. All is lost if they do not release, no money is recovered. I think they are going to get a good number of sales on Wii U. If they can porfit on the initial app, more tables and seasons make it that much better. One big plus to the Zen/TPA business model.

Plus there is the goodwill... if they fail to release, they are probably upsetting Nintendo fans. Because of all the NX hype, the Wii U players will be disgusted.

I can tell you Zen has earned my loyalty with NX whether they continue to support The Wii U from this point on or not, because they have like 52 tables out now. Farsight appears to have earned that future loyalty as well, but not quite YET, as we still wait fot it. I would expect at least 4 seasons (hopefully more, of course) and pretty bug free operation from Farsight TPA for WiiU at this point to invest in TPA in the future for future systems. That is just my personal expectation because they have strung us along for years.

Companies either follow through or flood the web with empty promises. It's crazy but TPA was a factor in my Wii U purchase. When any company does not do what they say, well, they lose my support. I applaud Zen's (even the limited) support of Wii U and I also applaud Farsight's support of it... although it STILL remains to be seen. I will not stop being nervous until we are all playing these tables on our systems.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.