iOS - Bug Suddenly ball speed increase

Fred van Noije

Oct 5, 2012
Since one month, i have a sudden ball speed increase , esspecially when the ball is in left or right lane
This happens with all of the pinball tables.
When the ball is in a lane it suddenly speeds up very much, and before i use the flipper its down the drain.
I know i am getting old, but the pinball reflex are still ok !!

Is this a known bug ??

I play on an ipad3, 32 Gb with latest ios 9.2.1

I (hard) reset the ipad , deleted the tpa app and all the pinball tables and downloaded them again. 😖
The problem stays... All tables are now almost unplayable.

Tornado278

Sep 30, 2013
Since one month, i have a sudden ball speed increase , esspecially when the ball is in left or right lane
This happens with all of the pinball tables.
When the ball is in a lane it suddenly speeds up very much, and before i use the flipper its down the drain.
I know i am getting old, but the pinball reflex are still ok !!

Is this a known bug ??

I play on an ipad3, 32 Gb with latest ios 9.2.1

I (hard) reset the ipad , deleted the tpa app and all the pinball tables and downloaded them again. 😖
The problem stays... All tables are now almost unplayable.

Yeah, the tables are very hard now, I cant do my older records anymore :(

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Try going to your iPad Settings > Control Center, and turn Allow Access in Apps to Off.
If that doesn't help, a video would be much appreciated.

JohnAtl

Jan 5, 2013
Try going to your iPad Settings > Control Center, and turn Allow Access in Apps to Off.
If that doesn't help, a video would be much appreciated.

I've had this issue for about a year now. I'd really like to see a fix.
Turning on airplane mode helps some, but there are still times when the ball comes blazing down the inlane and throws my timing off so I don't have time to flip the ball. It could happen at other times too, but wouldn't be as noticeable on other parts of the table.
I have $300+ in tables that aren't much fun now due to this issue. I donated to the Dr. Who Kickstarter in hopes this issue would be fixed (and commented so on Kickstarter).

John

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I've had this issue for about a year now. I'd really like to see a fix.
Turning on airplane mode helps some, but there are still times when the ball comes blazing down the inlane and throws my timing off so I don't have time to flip the ball. It could happen at other times too, but wouldn't be as noticeable on other parts of the table.
I have $300+ in tables that aren't much fun now due to this issue. I donated to the Dr. Who Kickstarter in hopes this issue would be fixed (and commented so on Kickstarter).

John

Have you tried turning the Control Center Access off?
Do you have anything in particular that makes it happen more often?
Have not yet been able to reproduce this myself yet, but we are looking into it.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Turning the control center access to off does lower this issue, but it it still there from time to time on my ipad air.
It started after upgrading from ios 8 to ios 9.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I had this but managed to reduce the effect to a point where only BSD is affected on the left inlane and only to really 5% of the time.

Had a look through a few forums and sites and started playing with Setting-General-Accessability options. Reduce transparency, colour, contrast etc and eventually got the issue minimalised.

Doesn't impact the performance of anything else on the device as far as I notice.

Might be worth having a bash to see what effect these have for you guys....

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I just played a game of BSD to see what happens because I've never experienced it that I recall. It is true that certain times the left inlane ball speed is faster than usual but I see it as the ball coming down fast and slotting into the inlane no loss of momentum. I never noticed that ball suddenly goes from slow to light speed once it's inlane.

Maybe I'm not paying attention. Most times I have the flipper up on inlanes drops so perhaps I've trained myself to be prepared.

This is on iPad Air.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.