What am I missing?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Okay, so I've been going back to this table every so often and trying to understand it. I've been piecing together the ruleset, but it just isn't clicking. I understand the main aim of the game is to win the board game. I have tried countless times but have never managed to - it just seems like luck. I know there are things you can do on the playfield to help on the board game, and I've been doing them, but still no luck in beating that stupid game. Am I missing something or is it really that random? And if so, how on earth do you collect all 26 tokens?

Also, I've not ticked off a single wizard goal on this table. Not been specifically aiming for them, but it says a lot that I haven't stumbled across a single one.

Advice for this table on a basic level, please? :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The board game is 100% luck with nothing you can do to influence it once started. Unless you abuse the pause cheat mentioned elsewhere in this forum. To get tokens, you just have to play a lot until you get some wins.

What you can do on the playfield to influence it beforehand: Get the closest entrance to the main gate open, and use the main gate entrance to start the board game. That path has less nasty stuff on it than the roof or cellar entrances.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have been able to consistently roll a 4 or 5 by using the 'fast' stop button, listening to the sound and timing it, this helps to finish

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I have been able to consistently roll a 4 or 5 by using the 'fast' stop button, listening to the sound and timing it, this helps to finish

Yup, Using the fast stop and paying attention to the display makes the board game 100% not luck based.

Getting the tokens that you don't already have is more luck than winning them.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Is that true? Is there a correlation between the sound and the number rolled? I couldn't find any, what are the details on how that works?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks guys. Going to give it another shot tomorrow. Don't see this table becoming one to obsess over, though. If I can win the board games a few times I'll be happy.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Is that true? Is there a correlation between the sound and the number rolled? I couldn't find any, what are the details on how that works?

The numbers cycle through in order, the same sound repeats for each #.

O.t I noticed you can cause the wheel to stop on a yellow space on Cyclone by hitting a flipper button when the pointer is on a yellow space also

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The numbers don't cycle through in order. Record a video and step it frame by frame. There's no pattern. At most you'll see a few short runs in order, but that's not a pattern, just random results that happen to line up that way.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks guys, I finally came to a point of mutual respect with this table. Not one I can see myself coming back to again and again, but I had a fun few hours with it tonight. Won maybe about a dozen tokens and got four of the wizard goals. Though I'm not sure I actually got 5x multiplier, so I wonder if that one was falsely triggered.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The numbers don't cycle through in order. Record a video and step it frame by frame. There's no pattern. At most you'll see a few short runs in order, but that's not a pattern, just random results that happen to line up that way.

For real? I must have been getting extremely lucky I guess. I would try hitting the flipper at about 5 or 10 'clicks' to great results.

Members online

Members online