Strategy!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So I just became the 17th member of the 9,999,999,990 club so I thought I should share some strategy. Not much to do once the score is maxed, but not too many people have got there yet, so decided share :) I do like this table a lot more than I expected to. It's not typical for a SEGA in that the art is actually pretty nice. And the music and atmosphere is spot on.

* Main aim should be getting through the modes and the wizard mode. It's unusual to get a wizard mode that scores less than 1,000,000,000, and pretty safe but slow to make it your main aim. It will definitely take less than four wizard modes to max out the score. The pro tips with the pro mode actually aren't the best strategy for getting Frankenstein letters. While it doesn't look possible, you can loop the North Pole shot indefinitely from the right flipper, and it's a pretty safe shot to try and hit on the fly from the return. If you miss you'l probably hit some Frankenstein targets on the way down anyway.

* Most of the modes are worth playing and give decent amounts of points. But don't aim to beat them, I haven't been able to beat a few of them myself. Just get the easy points from them and play it safe. You have six balls max in this game so don't be risky. Frankenstein's Millions and Lynch Justine seem to be pretty risky as the involve aiming for the less safe bumpers and spot targets.

* Multiballs can give you good points but become difficult to activate quickly. Don't aim for them unless you see one coming up. Geneva does get harder to activate, not sure exactly what the criteria is. Both multiballs are best activated when a mode is running, as you will automatically win that mode and get a CREATION letter for free. The letters are worth 100,000,000 each when you activate the wizard mode so pretty worth it.

* Be ready to nudge when the ball comes out of the bumpers. It's generally fine but it can catch you off guard.

* For the kickout from the upper cellar hole, if you hold the right flipper up the way the ball rebounds can often give you a second shot at the two upper flipper shots.

And sorry for not posting much recently. Lost my job just before Christmas, but found a new one pretty quickly. But I've been busy with it!

WPinball

Apr 6, 2014
Does anybody know a strategy for the Creature Feature mode? I've managed to do my own way by nudging the table to stop the ball on the left flipper and shoot for the ramp but you gotta be a good aimer to get this kind of goal. Managed to get all but one letter for it and then it stopped before I could get the Wizard goal.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Does anybody know a strategy for the Creature Feature mode? I've managed to do my own way by nudging the table to stop the ball on the left flipper and shoot for the ramp but you gotta be a good aimer to get this kind of goal. Managed to get all but one letter for it and then it stopped before I could get the Wizard goal.

Don't have it yet, but that is pretty much the strategy I'm going to use once I get all of the damn Safecracker tokens. If the ball is in the thingy that gives you two Frankenstein letters when the mode starts, you can hold the right flipper up to feed the ball to the right flipper and hit it directly up the ramp. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing. Nudge the table to trap it for a second on the left flipper and don't miss the ramp at all.

I have read about a bug where the timer stays still for awhile. I haven't experienced this bug, but I would love to.

Last edited:

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I used a similar "nudge ball slowdown" strategy for Phantom millions in POTO. This is one of those goals where you have to be perfect. Gorgar's North Pole pass trick works some of the time so if you can hit that off the bat you have a chance. The painful part is that it takes awhile to get to the mode unlike Phantom millions. Annoying when a goal is this hard. I like this game a lot which helps. I'll let you know if/when I get it.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I tried this a little more. I think the North Pole pass that I described above actually slows you down a bit. A better strategy to start would be to hit the final letter and try to settle the ball down ASAP. You can start shooting the ramp as soon as the music for the mission starts. (if you shoot before it won't register a CREATURE letter).

When I was trying with the whole pass/slow down completely method, I don't think there would have been enough time even if I didn't miss the ramp.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I'm not sure this goal is even possible on iPad without triggering the timer bug. Stupid hard.

Here's a good right to left flipper pass technique if you are in the North Pole. Hold up the right flipper then time a center up-nudge as the ball rolls down the inlane. The ball will transfer to the left flipper for a shot at the ramp. MFS nudge pass

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.