Has anyone been able to balance three balls on each flipper at once?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
This table has really grown on me lately, even with the default mode timers being way too short (especially Creature Feature).

I've never seen the movie, but holy cow, how did they get permission to use Robert de Niro's likeness (even if it is in heavy makeup)?
If only Alec Baldwin could be that nice if they ever try to bring The Shadow to this game...

Anyway, the six-ball multiball has, in my opinion, one of the coolest DMD animations in all of pinball--which is weird, because you'd think Monster Bash would have a better one, considering how hard it is to get all six modes running at once. Thank goodness it's not a Wizard Goal...

Well, whatever. Point is...I've seen people at Pinburgh balance TWO balls on each flipper at once.

Has anyone been able to do it with THREE on each--whether in TPA or a real machine?

Sounds like it would involve a lot of luck, but hey, bragging rights.

...And no, I haven't even come close. I just wanted to ask.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
My best bet would be statistically improbable. Never say never but I think once you have two balls on a flipper you would have a newton's cradle effect when a third one enters the fray, knocking one off. Or it if came to rest slowly it would probably push one of them off. Not something you could specifically aim to do, but not impossible.

There would be no strategic advantage to it anyway - can't really do any real aiming with the flippers so loaded :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Three on a flipper happens plenty in TPA. With two on a flipper, if a third one comes from above slowly enough, it'll stop and sit there. Happens to me all the time on Ripley's when I'm holding balls waiting to time out Atlantis.

Twilight Zone is probably an easy place to see it. Get LITZ with the 6 balls and hold the right flipper, you'll see it soon enough.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
But getting three balls on both flippers at once? It will take some special aligning of stars, I think.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Topic drift since it isn't Frankenstein, but I got three balls caught and not moving in this rather improbable configuration on Whirlwind:

whirlwind.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.