ViperMonkey

Mar 3, 2016
I see that there are still two spots for tables in Season 5 after the Doctor Who table, so I think it would be wise to add these two classic tables into the game now. The Shadow is one of the best tables out there, actually being ranked 29th highest right now on Pinside, and should not be that hard to get rights for considering that The Shadow is kind of a dead property right now that I know of. World Cup Soccer would be another great addition to the game since it is one of the most fun tables ever made and once again, the licensing should be pretty easy to get around. I'm pretty sure nobody is really clinching onto the World Cup '94 TM too tightly right now and the machine is currently owned by Bally right now I believe. The only problem might be getting the character rights for Raiden from Mortal Kombat in the game, but if you can't, it honestly wouldn't be to big of a deal. These two machine have huge places in pinball and would look awesome archived in digital form.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm guessing the licensing isn't as easy as you think, or we would probably already have them. I like the way you think though. They would be great additions and are highly requested pins.

And welcome to the forum.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I see that there are still two spots for tables in Season 5 after the Doctor Who table, so I think it would be wise to add these two classic tables into the game now. The Shadow is one of the best tables out there, actually being ranked 29th highest right now on Pinside, and should not be that hard to get rights for considering that The Shadow is kind of a dead property right now that I know of. World Cup Soccer would be another great addition to the game since it i one of the most fun tables ever made and once again, the licensing should be pretty easy to get around. I'm pretty sure nobody is really clinching onto the World Cup '94 TM too tightly right now and the machine is currently owned by Bally right now I believe. The only problem might be getting the character rights for Raiden from Mortal Kombat in the game, but if you can't, it honestly wouldn't be to big of a deal. These two machine have huge places in pinball right and would look awesome archived in digital form.

Great first post. In No Fear, there were a lot of changes in artwork and audio so no licensing lines would be crossed. (i.e. Challenges no longer mention names). CFTBL and Party Zone both have removed some BGM songs as well. If FarSight were to bring WCS94 to TPA (which is an oft-requested table), they would probably have to change to a more generic soccer theme.
I barely remember the Shadow, but the one time I had a chance to play it, I ended up spending about two hours and $5 playing it. I don't think licensing should be a problem for it, and it had better not require a kickstarter IMO.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I barely remember the Shadow, but the one time I had a chance to play it, I ended up spending about two hours and $5 playing it. I don't think licensing should be a problem for it, and it had better not require a kickstarter IMO.

There's a huge picture of Alec Baldwin on the backglass. Or should I say, Arec Bardwin.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Will Doctor Who actually be part of Season 5? I was under the impression that it would be Season 6. We already know Rescue 911 and AG Soccer are coming, and TX-Sector was leaked in game files. That's 10 table packs (and 11 total tables because of the EM double-pack), a full season's worth of tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
According to the Kickstarter it is anticipated in September of 2016. Maybe a bit sooner if we are lucky. So I'd assume Season 6.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
WCS is a blast. Hopefully the on going FIFA scandal makes it negotiable

A comicbook art backglass would be awesome on the Shadow. I would prefer it over Arec Bardwins mug. Something like:

shadow.png

Or

TS_Alternate.JPG

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
We're in the minority with LW3, but I enjoy it a lot. Maybe more possible with SPA? They would probably have to remove a couple of the songs though.

Nov 18, 2016
Having recently played The Shadow for many rounds at NYC's Modern Pinball, I can now say I'm a big fan and would instantly buy if it ever came to TPA. I loved the shiny rings arranged around the table and the many images of The Shadow himself (looking more like the classic pulp cover illustrations than the Baldwin version). The battlefield mini-game is a great idea, like Atari Breakout brought to life! And a .45 as a plunger button! Amazing!

How many likenesses or voices of actors would be needed to be cleared for TPA? I don't care if they switch the backglass art to the non-Baldwin version, as it's currently the least interesting thing about that table. The only actors I spotted in the DMD were Tim Curry and a heavily disguised Baldwin as The Shadow. And I can't recall anyone particular on the table itself. Were there voices (hard to hear them in the confines of Modern Pinball)?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts