Bug Server down? 03-13-2016

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I played a nice round of Cue Ball Wizard this morning but when I started the app, I already got a message that the server "pinball analytics" has an invalid certificate and "may be pretending to be that server". I closed the message and went to play. Posted a new HS that was saved to my list, I also got my HOF points (iOS) and could do a remote backup. When I tried to open the leaderboards though, it displayed "NONE". Anybody else got this?

spinner76

Nov 6, 2015
I played a nice round of Cue Ball Wizard this morning but when I started the app, I already got a message that the server "pinball analytics" has an invalid certificate and "may be pretending to be that server". I closed the message and went to play. Posted a new HS that was saved to my list, I also got my HOF points (iOS) and could do a remote backup. When I tried to open the leaderboards though, it displayed "NONE". Anybody else got this?

I had the same issue today. I disconnected and now I am not able to reconnect.
Sad, this happens on a Sunday.
Glad, there is no tournament at the moment.
I hope they fix it soon.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks for responding Spinner, did you have this issue across platforms or only on one device? I suspect all but just to be sure....

The Oligopolist

Mar 12, 2016
Fired up the game on my laptop, and half my tables are not available for play.
I think this is affecting all platforms. Their twitter says they will hopefully have it fixed by the morning.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The US switched to daylight savings time today so I bet that's something to do with it. I know from experience, some software especially when it relies on knowing the time can barf when the clocks go forward or back.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
"Software that can barf", that just put a very strange picture in my head.... :) It sounds very Y2K-ey to me that this daylight savings thing can derail software but I'll take your word for it. Hope it's fixed tomorrow and I get to keep my new CBW score.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I just played Elvira and El Dorado a couple times each on Steam and encountered no problems.

Could it be a problem for those who are not in the USA?

ieure

Feb 18, 2014
FarSight neglected to renew their TLS certificate. It has nothing to do with DST or location, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. FarSight has to renew their cert.

0jXatPM.png

ieure

Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for the information and welcome to the forum, eiure. Wonder why I'm having no problem at all playing TPA.

It's likely a different behavior across platforms. Either TPA isn't collecting analytics for the platform you're using, or they explicitly disabled cert validity checking on that platform. Hopefully the former, disabling cert validation is bad.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I guess it depends on whether you are logged in or not.
On steam, I don't have to log in with my farsight account to play the game. And it works (without posting scores to the leaderboards).

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
FarSight neglected to renew their TLS certificate. It has nothing to do with DST or location, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. FarSight has to renew their cert.

0jXatPM.png

Is this a lot of work/difficult to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts