Rescue 911 Twitchstream....

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I'm not the guy who possibly scammed this table into existence, but I'm not afraid to say I'm happy it's coming, for pretty strange reasons.

Nowadays it's exceedingly difficult for me to find working pinball machines in the wild, and the ones I do find are in pretty bad shape. Every year my mother's side of the family has a mini-family reunion event at a Church bowling alley, and they've had a Rescue 911 machine there for years. So to evade boredom, I've spent a pretty decent amount of time playing that beat-up table over the years, and as such I have something of a nostalgic fondness for it. The big thing is that the table is in such bad shape that the helicopter hasn't even moved for years, so it will be interesting to play the game in actual working order.

I understand why some would be disappointed, but frankly, I think it's nice to have a few tables other than the really obvious ones just for some variety and change of pace. At this point, with what, 70 tables in the game, it's not like we're lacking a lot of classics that will never get old. We have TAF, Twilight Zone, AFM, MM, ST:TNG, and plenty of other universally acclaimed games to play if the newer ones don't catch our fancy. If this table had come out in the second or third season, I could understand some complaining, but at this point, it feels like we're kind of spoiled rotten.

invitro

May 4, 2012
If this table had come out in the second or third season, I could understand some complaining, but at this point, it feels like we're kind of spoiled rotten.
FWIW, I'm not complaining, just joking around. By now I trust Farsight to choose tables, and if I'm less excited for one in twenty, well surely other people are excited for that one.

I'm pretty much picking on R911 because I think it's funny how little we have to complain about with recent TPA. Trying to be ironic? I never understood that word. Spoiled rotten, indeed!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I know it's not done but a couple things...

Stern App will be shown at California Extreme in July and Replay Fx (Pittsburgh) in August.

Wii U is slowly passing Nintendo's hurdles... they got an email about one today but there are still some tests to pass apparently.

Maybe thinking about doing higher resolution textures for Season 1 rables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I see R911 at a few places I drop into and always pass it by. I've played it a few times in real life and from what I've played digitally, I'm not likely to change my mind. Not saying it is horrible, just kind of really mediocre. I feel it is one of the best efforts Premier did, which isn't saying much. It's got a nifty helicopter gimmick which is way better than games like LCA but it is way behind Stargate which is actually a really great table, in my opinion. I really hope that one comes out. Otherwise, keep the Gottliebs as Ems only for future releases.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I still find it strange that they never took 4k resources of the tables from the start....just for future proofing!!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What is the resolution used on most of the resources? Knowing that would be helpful for setting either the backbuffer size or using GPU down-scaling.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

Members online

Members online