First impressions...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't mind it either. It won't be in my most played rotation. But I like it enough to play it every now and then for variety.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
This game is just as i remember it.

A typical Premier exploitfest.

Exploit 1) Insta catch (tm) flippers. :)
Exploit 2) Mulitball scoring is insanely lucrative. Jackpots double when collected. And if you can keep shooting that emergency room, the points just shoot up. They max at 300M.
Exploit 3) Twomodes the first time throug hare multiball modes. when you start one simply switch to a non multiball mode when you get a ball at the plunger. Repeat/

Learn the ramp shot (a bit harder than real life) and the emergency room (about right in difficulty) and you can really get the points.

the pro tips really explain how to abuse the table badly.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Now that I have enough games under the belt so to say, I'm wondering if something is up with the Jackpot switch recognition. There are two lock holes in the "upper playfield", the most left and farthest from the upper flipper is the Emergency Room, the other one is located near the Cave-In drop targets and directly feeds the habit rail for a return ball to the left flipper. When playing MB, only the Emergency room seems to be lit for Jackpot, but if I hit the right lock, it also often rewards the Jackpot. This seems especially so with not so clean shots that rattle around a bit before dropping in. If you shoot it cleanly, the ball returns quite quickly without registering a Jackpot. Also, the ball sometimes seems to hit the Jackpot twice in a row before emerging again, reminiscent of two Bank Shots in a row in Cue Ball Wizard. I'm not complaining mind you... :) But if you get the hang of shooting for Jackpots with a rhythm involving feeding the upper flipper from the lower left flipper and instacatching (tm) the returning ball again on the lower left flipper, it would be nicer if the Jackpot shot was more difficult.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'm wondering if something is up with the Jackpot switch recognition.

I thought they were being triggered by how quick I made the ramp shot right after the jackpot shot (the dmd would go back and forth between jackpots, later watching the footage I see the last double 300 wasn't just one animation) but I doubled checked and while the call 911/lock does occasionally give you two jackpots, it wont always do so.

4601007 <-10M (ER)
4661164 <-20&40M (rail)
4741297 <-80M (rail)
4901427 <-160M (ER)
5501587 <-300&300M (rail)
6101753 <-300&300M (rail)

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
Now that I have enough games under the belt so to say, I'm wondering if something is up with the Jackpot switch recognition. There are two lock holes in the "upper playfield", the most left and farthest from the upper flipper is the Emergency Room, the other one is located near the Cave-In drop targets and directly feeds the habit rail for a return ball to the left flipper. When playing MB, only the Emergency room seems to be lit for Jackpot, but if I hit the right lock, it also often rewards the Jackpot. This seems especially so with not so clean shots that rattle around a bit before dropping in. If you shoot it cleanly, the ball returns quite quickly without registering a Jackpot. Also, the ball sometimes seems to hit the Jackpot twice in a row before emerging again, reminiscent of two Bank Shots in a row in Cue Ball Wizard. I'm not complaining mind you... :) But if you get the hang of shooting for Jackpots with a rhythm involving feeding the upper flipper from the lower left flipper and instacatching (tm) the returning ball again on the lower left flipper, it would be nicer if the Jackpot shot was more difficult.

Am I crazy or is the same thing happening sometimes when the helicopter drops a ball into the top left hole during a multiball? I noticed the same thing you did but I wondered if it was the right lock hole or the top left hole that was triggering it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Am I crazy or is the same thing happening sometimes when the helicopter drops a ball into the top left hole during a multiball? I noticed the same thing you did but I wondered if it was the right lock hole or the top left hole that was triggering it.

The top-left hole counts as an ER shot normally, so in theory it should collect a jackpot.

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
The top-left hole counts as an ER shot normally, so in theory it should collect a jackpot.

Thanks. I find the ER from the top flipper hard, so I've been trying to activate as many modes as possible during multiball to get a freebie into the top left hole, since I was pretty sure it was scoring jackpots. That got me up to 4.8bn, not enough to threaten the top spots but not bad for now.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the ER shot is SUPPOSED to be hard, since it's the ticket to big points. But i've seen people make the shot consistently in real life.

It IS makable from a trap barely. this is how it should be. In fact that shot from a trap should be funhouse trap door level of difficulty.

That said, there is something funky with that upper lockhole. It should not count as a jackpot. It seems farsight messed up with the switches and sometimes (about half the time) it counts as both an ER shot and a lock hole shot.

Also balls sometimes fly from the jets into the ER hole. :)

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
After another game today I don't think that either the top left hole or the right lock hole are consistently delivering jackpots. Must be more to this story.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Well I figured out R911 enough to put up a 31B. But I really haven't figured it out at all. I know enough to get MB going and try to ride the 300M train... but I'm not sure how to light the lock, or if the short left lane gives jackpots or just raises the jackpot, and I didn't bother with any of the rest of the game except the Extra BAWL. I did read about half the rules after I got the 300M train a couple of times. My strategy: plunge ball (picking 10M I guess, I usually didn't look at the three plunge awards), catch on right flipper, post pass, shoot ramp, catch on upper flipper, lock. Repeat. In MB, shoot plunged ball into short left lane, then get the 300M train going. If three balls are there, either drain the third or shoot it in the short left lane to raise jackpot.

I got a 300M jackpot on only about 20% of multiballs, which is pretty bad. I bet a really good player can get 30B quickly, in less than an hour. I did have several long 300M trains, with around 4B for a multiball. I'm very curious to see what the R911 scores are in this week's tourney.

So I'm OK with R911 now, funny how that happens. I see [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION] has topped me with 32B, well played sir! I probably won't go back to R911 for a year... the tourney should give me more than enough of this table if I haven't had enough already. Except I might want to go after those wizard goals, as I still lack three of them. Getting that big bonus, which I guess requires Hook & Ladder, doesn't look like a lot of fun.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Getting that big bonus, which I guess requires Hook & Ladder, doesn't look like a lot of fun.

I did the cave/rocks entrance twice to light the highest bumper multiplier over and over, you only get two good shots up into the bumpers so try to nudge to make it last, my first shot up there got me from starting to 33M then second shot up to the bumpers got me maxed (nudged a bit here to keep it going).. start multiball for insurance then throw a ball into the bumers and see if it lights +X multiplier, if not do it again.

The wildfire mode collects bonus so you could grab 400+M's a few times every time it comes up if you don't want to play multiball, even just one double bumper multipler could get you to 50M, X5 and you're collecting easy points on your way between EBs... if you don't drain too often.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Sure, bonus is a nice way to score big points but don't make it your focus. The max is 96Mx5 = 480M, and you get that for every shot in Wild Fire and of course when you drain. But it takes a long time to build up unless you get lucky.

One situation you will often come across (well I do... not sure what that means!) is having both balls trapped on the right flippers during multiball - one up top, one down below. You can post pass the lower ball and get the flipper back in plenty of time to keep it trapper on the upper flipper. Very useful for getting the Multiball Train going again, if it was derailed.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
If you've got the Super Countdown wiz goal down, you just do that area twice and you'll likely have a maxed bonus in one or two of those '12 seconds of multi-million bonus bumpers' events, I'd still go for jackpots since they're 300/600M each and easy to start. I just happened to get lucky and get max bonus in one of those stage 3 bumpers event. I hated raising the red/blue target to 60M goal the most, 20~40+1 shots without draining.

Will its leaderboard get wiped if this isn't authentic behavoir? I wonder.

I'd like to know about all those med-alerts that seems to freeze and not award anything.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well I figured out R911 enough to put up a 31B. But I really haven't figured it out at all. I know enough to get MB going and try to ride the 300M train... but I'm not sure how to light the lock, or if the short left lane gives jackpots or just raises the jackpot, and I didn't bother with any of the rest of the game except the Extra BAWL. I did read about half the rules after I got the 300M train a couple of times. My strategy: plunge ball (picking 10M I guess, I usually didn't look at the three plunge awards), catch on right flipper, post pass, shoot ramp, catch on upper flipper, lock. Repeat. In MB, shoot plunged ball into short left lane, then get the 300M train going. If three balls are there, either drain the third or shoot it in the short left lane to raise jackpot.

I got a 300M jackpot on only about 20% of multiballs, which is pretty bad. I bet a really good player can get 30B quickly, in less than an hour. I did have several long 300M trains, with around 4B for a multiball. I'm very curious to see what the R911 scores are in this week's tourney.

So I'm OK with R911 now, funny how that happens. I see [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION] has topped me with 32B, well played sir! I probably won't go back to R911 for a year... the tourney should give me more than enough of this table if I haven't had enough already. Except I might want to go after those wizard goals, as I still lack three of them. Getting that big bonus, which I guess requires Hook & Ladder, doesn't look like a lot of fun.

Hi Invitro,

My 32B was a bit by accident, not intentional to just pass your score :) I was actually aiming for the 48B that Tarek posted earlier, he is already up to 99B. I think this game will take 100B plus, it just takes somebody to potentially sacrifice a very good game. We'll wait for the usual Dizzer2012/Tarek shoot-out to see if that happens :)
About strategy: I play as you do but there are more EB's to be had in the early going. It pays off to shoot for Med-Alerts early because the chance for an EB is present. Sidenote: later on in the game, Med-Alert doesn't seem to award something everytime anymore, wonder if that is a ROM bug (also see Relaxation's post about that). I tried to look it up in rulesheets, and they don't mention it. Back to EB: Stork BAWL offcourse, and locking a ball three times will also light a hurry-up EB. Specials do award an EB on this table, preferably collected by draining a ball in MB. The later Stork EB can be tricky to get if you don't activate the helicopter, you then have to shoot the Emergency Room by yourself.
In MB: when starting a regular MB (not out of a mode) I plunge the new ball and catch that on the right flipper. Then I directly shoot the second ball up the ramp to the upper flipper and catch the third on the left flipper. If I make these shots, I shoot for Jackpot and let the ball on the right flipper drain. This gives me the ideal position to start the MB "train". If I miss the ramp, I let that ball drain if possible. Then shoot the ramp with the third ball, cradle it at the upper flipper and post-pass the ball on the right flipper to the left. Although you don't actually get to use the two-stage flipper mechanism present on the real machine, post passing is very safe and will not lose you your upper flipper ball. The number one thing that messes up the MB train is shooting for the ramp a bit too early, this is a very SDTM drainy situation which I can only save 1 in 3 times with some nudging and a lot of sweat. When the train is rolling, you can rack up billions in a couple of minutes.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Anybody have a video of this "multiball train" that everybody keeps referring to? I can't hit that ER shot to save my life (pun intended).

Steve

strells

Oct 7, 2014
OK, then the instructions for this table are incorrect. Some of those jackpots were hit on the lock hole, not the ER, a much easier shot IMO. Also, the instructions say the jackpot increases by hitting the left lane, but in the video, it was increasing just by getting jackpots. Hmm.

Steve

Members online

Members online