Alien Tables coming

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Aaaaand literally everyone online is angry about it. I'm sorry, but why is it necessary to rage about pinball machines, of all things? Personally, I'm looking forward to this, the tables look great and there appears to be many cool features in them.

Literally? Because I'm stoked as hell on it. Why are people angry? Motion tracker with aliens swarming down was enough to make me happy. They're using actual voices, there's a huge plus. Looks just like I'd expect from Zen. Maybe that's why 'literally everyone' is angry?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Literally? Because I'm stoked as hell on it. Why are people angry? Motion tracker with aliens swarming down was enough to make me happy. They're using actual voices, there's a huge plus. Looks just like I'd expect from Zen. Maybe that's why 'literally everyone' is angry?

Nah. If you go online and look at the trailer for it on the PlayStation YouTube page, almost all the comments are negative, screaming at Sony at how they wanted an Alien: Isolation sequel or an Alien prequel game instead of a "90-year old pinball game". I've learned to ignore them at this rate, but it's pretty hilarious to see people get butthurt about pinball machines.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nah. If you go online and look at the trailer for it on the PlayStation YouTube page, almost all the comments are negative, screaming at Sony at how they wanted an Alien: Isolation sequel or an Alien prequel game instead of a "90-year old pinball game". I've learned to ignore them at this rate, but it's pretty hilarious to see people get butthurt about pinball machines.

Okay. See, I thought it was actual pinball fans that were getting angry, which just seemed absurd to me. I wonder if the Portal table got the same reaction with people just wanting Portal 3.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

They're aware that this is from a completely different company and Creative Assembly right?, and has absolutely no bearing on weather or not there'll be an Alien Isolation 2......some people are such idiots!!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
They're aware that this is from a completely different company and Creative Assembly right?, and has absolutely no bearing on weather or not there'll be an Alien Isolation 2......some people are such idiots!!

Hello internets.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015

Actually pinball makes you smarter. That's why everyone here gets the difference :p

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I was hoping for a Preadator table too, that's a shame. PA already has two Schwarzenegger tables (possibly one more coming with Stern), but Zen doesn't have any. You can always use more Arnold.

Still, I'm excited for this whole pack. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am super excited about the Alien: Isolation table. That video game is severely underrated by reviewers. If there are any Alien fans on here who haven't tried it yet, try it. You won't be disappointed.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I am super excited about the Alien: Isolation table. That video game is severely underrated by reviewers. If there are any Alien fans on here who haven't tried it yet, try it. You won't be disappointed.

Did you play it on PS4 or PS3?

On Europe, Alien:Isolation is currently on discount on both PS4 and PS3:

Core Game only: 14,99€ (PS4) or 9,99€ (PS3)
Collection (Core game + 7 DLC): 19,99€ (only PS4)

I was interested by the core game on PS3 (I don't own a PS4), but before purchasing any game, I read A LOT of user reviews (I never trust press reviews).

It seems the game have some good points (ambiance, nice presentation, difficulty, game length ) but also some major flaws that break strongly the experience:

- IA is very weak (an enemy unable to spot you although you're just one meter close to him, under a table) or too much ominiscient (the same enemy can spot you even if you're hidden since ages, being perfectly still. Or the alien can suddenly catch you even if the beast is supposed to be far far away, in another ship area).

- As soon as you run, bam, alien on your nose. Generally speaking, it seems the alien has a strong tendency to focus only on the player (maybe some need of love? ^^).

- An archaic save system.

- Poor and repetitive objectives, sometimes just added to extend the adventure length (going back through all an already visited area, just to get some medicine for a character you just don't give a **** -and who will finally die anyway).

- Map presentation not intuitive.

- Main story a bit lame.

I don't know what to think of all of this.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
im interested but waiting for a PSN isolation sale - not one in North America currently.
I am assuming/hoping it will be next tuesday to coincide/celebrate with LV-426 / Alien Day (4/26/16)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I want to get into Zen. I have 3 Star Wars tables, but I just never got into the game. Also tried Mars for a while.

If you guys could suggest the best table or pack to get me into the game that would be cool :).

Also is there an option to turn off the trail made by the ball?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Thoughts so far:

- Aliens looks like it's going to be Droids all over again; it's going to be a flow based table that has emphasis on shooting shots over and over to increase values. Unfortunately, I didn't like Droids too much, so I'm not excited for this one. I do appreciate the choice between whether or not you want to play through missions in order, though. Finally, that mini-playfield is a blatant ripoff of the one from Wizard of Oz and I'm not sure why it's there.

- Alien: Isolation is... different. This is the first table from a new designer but I'm worried casual players won't find this one enjoyable, with the stealth-based nature of the table and difficult-to-activate modes. However, for more advanced players like myself, this table looks like a joy to play. Also, the cabinet shot works because it's easy to shoot - unlike the very difficult yet seemingly wide-open Jedi Holocron shot from Masters of the Force.

- Alien vs. Predator looks like a ton of fun. I think this table was a Peter Grafl design, lots of modes and lots of flow. This table appears to be the most accessible to newcomers and this is shown in the easy shots that each activate their own mode or Multiball. While I appreciate advanced and deep rules in a pinball machine, sometimes it's worth it to make a simple machine with satisfying, fun shots.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I want to get into Zen. I have 3 Star Wars tables, but I just never got into the game. Also tried Mars for a while.

If you guys could suggest the best table or pack to get me into the game that would be cool :).

Also is there an option to turn off the trail made by the ball?

I got Zen 2 because of the Marvel tables. They can be a bit hit-and-miss with the layouts and some of them have rather difficult shots to hit. For my money the ones I've enjoyed the most are Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. Spider-Man and Wolverine are also pretty good. I've not tried Deadpool, Fantastic Four or a lot of the classic tables, probably because they're not bundled for some reason. Plants Versus Zombies looks nice, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing in some of the events, so I probably need to put some more time into that. Of their original tables, the deep sea one, Tesla and Pasha I enjoyed pretty well.

None of them feel as compelling as a real-life table, but they're fun to play through; especially if you have people in your friends list you can score chase.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.