Premier switches.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
A possible cause of the weirdness.

They use something called a smart switch. these switches sent an electric pulse when flexed.

The result is when a target is dropped,it sends a switch PULSE.

When a rollover is rolled over, it sends a switch pulse.

The software expects smart switches to send a pulse instead of actually close. Switches not doing that when they should can cause weirdness. While some people will say you can swap in a normal switch, it can still confuse the software and causes switches to not register properly.

I'm not sure about vuks, but all other above field switches except perhaps the plunger lane one are smart switches, and i know drop targets are. This can cause issues when the cpu misses a drop target switch firing, and then they will not reset for the rest of the BALL, because there's no series normally open series switch array to detect them all being down at once (williams and bally usually did that).

Also premier troughs are different. they often have a single switch which closes when the trough is FULL. this is why many premiere games eject locked balls at the end of each ball, because they can't otherwise tell if there are any balls in the trough! Trough switches are NOT smart switches, because they need to have sustained closure.

Stargate is a special exception here. it uses a 3 ball trough but has 4 balls. the fourth ball is left on the trough entry solenoid.

If someone has the operator's manual for rescue 911 and sends a scan to me i can probably solve the issue.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Got the PDF elsewhere. think I know what's wrong. Too bad this is not visual pinball or i'd have it fixed. :)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Got the PDF elsewhere. think I know what's wrong. Too bad this is not visual pinball or i'd have it fixed. :)

So what do you think it is? Did you drop our buddys at Farsight the hint, or would it be a change that is not allowed?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Okay it's still not fixed...

Preliminary testing with ball control suggests that the emergency room switch is triggering above the playfield.

it should not.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Heads up: the new newsletter says "Rescue 911 trough switch collision updated fixing multiple jackpots being detected."

Members online

Members online