What balls have special properties, and what exactly are they for each?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I only found out about the lightning ball that's immune to magnets on the Addams Family board today, so I was wondering what other balls were more than just cosmetic changes.

If possible, post a screenshot of the particular ball in question so we know exactly what ball you mean.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Man, you are really tempting people with this one. Good thing this is a more family oriented board. :)

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Uh...wow, really?

I only asked because I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on this site.

Now I feel like I'm missing something that should be glaringly obvious...I apologize for this topic.

Seriously, I'm sorry if I made anyone mad.

Though I will say that by testing it on other tables, the lightning ball only seems to be immune to TAF's magnets in The Power, not any other magnets on other tables. My mistake.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Might as well get one serious response in...

As far as I know, only the Addams Family custom balls have any special properties. The Lightning Ball is not affected by The Power on the Addams Family Table, the Golf Ball is lighter and more floaty, I believe the Hurricane Irene ball is faster (not sure about this one), and you can control the movement of the Thing Ball with the right thumbstick. Any of these balls will disable leaderboard scoring and probably getting wizard goals as well.

You may all resume sniggering.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Don't get yer bowels in an uproar cuz someone made a joke, jeez.

I'm not mad--I just felt bad because it sounded like I'd broken some unwritten rule. Think the three seashells in the Demolition Man movie.

I hadn't bought any ball packs because I thought they were just skins that changed what the ball looked like.

But after reading zmcvay's post, I bought the Addams Family pack, then played some Twilight Zone, and...holy cow, the golf ball is not only lighter, it's SMALLER! (Though I think the collision is the same as the normal ball--understandable, otherwise it would fall through a game's habitrails.) Likewise, the Hurricane Irene ball is so much bigger and heavier.

It's especially noticeable in the gumball machine...which is weird, because this somehow changes the size of the Powerball as well. Same thing in Cue Ball Wizard, where it alters the cue ball's size. Collision's still the same, though, which is again understandable.

I'm really sorry I didn't buy this sooner! Thanks to zmcvay for the info!

Yeah, I'm ineligible for leaderboards and wizard goals when I use them, but I play these for fun, not to play for hours at a time like Mark Miwurdz (that's not an insult, I admire his skill).

But I'm just rambling now. Thanks, everyone. Sorry I put you through all the trouble.

invitro

May 4, 2012
He doesn't know about the three seashells. ;):D;):D;):D
What three seashells? I have actually watched Demolition Man, because it's a movie based on a great pinball machine, but I think I dozed off several times. I must have missed these seashells. Oh wait, are you talking about Sly, Wesley, and Sandy?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
What three seashells? I have actually watched Demolition Man, because it's a movie based on a great pinball machine, but I think I dozed off several times. I must have missed these seashells. Oh wait, are you talking about Sly, Wesley, and Sandy?

Oh. You were serious. :eek: Me thought you were playing along. Yes, Sly, Wesley, and Sandy. And yes, sorry, Trackball. Didn't mean to derail the topic. Everybody back on board. BALLS! Go.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thank you for clearing up this three seashell mystery. I can't decide who is wearing more makeup, Sandy, Sly or Rob. And why isn't Rob in the pinball machine?!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thanks, got me to looking, there is a table based on the movie. :)
And it has a captive eyeball pinball, bringing us back to square one!
large.jpg

MovieStill.jpg

InMachine2.JPG

Price: $4.95, order at:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9935

(I don't think it has the three seashells?)

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
For $4.95, I might just get one. The pinball is pretty good fun. Certainly would be a worthy addition to TPA, except for the small licensing issues of having Sly, Wesley and Sandy on the backglass. And it's an obvious custom ball, just to keep things on topic.

But hey once LAH comes out in a couple of weeks there will be two tables chock-a-block with Arnie so why not those three as well?

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Sorry EOS, did not see anything in that thread you linked that said LAH was coming to TPA. Last post in it was back in Feb., is there any more recent news about LAH being on TPA?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Sorry EOS, did not see anything in that thread you linked that said LAH was coming to TPA. Last post in it was back in Feb., is there any more recent news about LAH being on TPA?

Not sure what you mean, did you go to the last page? Anyway the table hint in the most recent newsletter was pretty quickly deciphered to be LAH. And the achievements are already up in Steam, which means that PC beta testing has already started since Steam can't "hide" achievements for DLC that's in beta testing.

Members online

Members online