LAH Strategy thread

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
- The flippers on LAH are tuned so that if the ball is coming out of a habitrail, you can hold a flipper up and catch the ball. Use this technique to complete combos and the Crane combo (5 cranes in a row light the lock) quickly.

- Never use your Smart Missile during normal play! Instead, save it for when you have to complete the second round of 5 Mil. badges during 6 Balls. This is important because doing so will instantly light your Super Jackpot for you, which can result in gigantic points.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
- Catch Dynamite Mode hole releases on right flipper, 4 out of 5 times it will go up a bit in the lane, trip the rollover and light the hole briefly again for another mode, quite easily one-timed. This works nicely for LAH and World Premiere. Stacking modes and then activitating Super Crane is a nice way of playing and finishing modes and collecting lit EB.
- A Dynamite Mode hole release can also be safely deadpassed from the right to left flipper, for example in the mode where you add-a-ball with Captured Ball hits (I believe "Going to the Movies" mode). It's safer to hit the right side one with the left flipper than in reverse.
- During LAH MB, try to get balls into the bumper area, this will extend the mode greatly.
- I don't mess around a lot with the C-R-A-N-E targets in single ball play, too much drains and that "danger bar" that resets the whole bank if you miss is quite the deterrent too. Nicely implemented though!
- Concur with the Captain about the Smart Missile.
- Also concur about those Gottlieb-y Insta-catch flippers, although a couple of catched balls will trickle over the edge if you don't pay attention.

Open issues:
- A dependable shot to the Wildcard/EB hole at the right side: I can't hit it with a trapped ball from the left, and it's very hard with a rolling ball. I often get it by chance in MB or a ricochet from slingshots and/or CRANE targets. It's not possible to hit from the right flipper.
- How do EB's work exactly? I would think that because after every World Premiere, "Light Extra Ball" is available again, it's potentially limitless. I have had up to 2 extra balls (one from passing 220M), but never more. I'm quite certain I did collect a third one after those two, but it didn't show up. Later on in the game, I also thought I collected another one straight from a the lit hole, but it didn't seem to show up. Is there a limit?
- When you lock your second Crane ball, the first one is released: is the table supposed to do that? It simultaneously auto-plunges a second ball, effectively giving you a 2 ball MB at that point. It doesn't get confused when one ball drains, normal play continues as usual, so it seems it is supposed to work this way. I read in the instructions that you are supposed to be able to lock 2 balls but also states that they can be virtual locks.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
This machine will take abuse! If you're gonna take a tilt warning (danger) you can milk it heavily.. I don't think you can even tilt the machine while it's doing the dynamite feature on the display.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This machine will take abuse! If you're gonna take a tilt warning (danger) you can milk it heavily.. I don't think you can even tilt the machine while it's doing the dynamite feature on the display.

So YOU'RE the one responsible for all the broken cranes!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Any advice on getting the Death Save Wizard Goal?

It may be that analog nudging just isn't strong enough to manage it. I wonder if I can map nudging to the d-pad to get full-strength nudging? Hmm.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Any advice on getting the Death Save Wizard Goal?

It may be that analog nudging just isn't strong enough to manage it. I wonder if I can map nudging to the d-pad to get full-strength nudging? Hmm.
I was wondering the same............... and then smart missile did the trick.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, pure luck. But considering that outlines are pretty hungry I think that you'll manage to do it that way much sooner than real death save.
And I'm sure that I didn't do it the right way. And it was right outline.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I did my death save as two balls from multiball drained on the right side, happened to save one of them. I think I was looking for a pin like on Xenon to see where I should aim for and just happened to get it on the right flipper.. so it drained on the right, nudged up to jump drain and up again to get it back on the right flipper. As my earlier comment mentioned, the table will take your abuse so dont be shy with two or three D-pad nudges in quick succession.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I'm the last person to post anything in the strategy threads since I'm such a bad player but I wanted to note this one:
- A dependable shot to the Wildcard/EB hole at the right side: I can't hit it with a trapped ball from the left, and it's very hard with a rolling ball. I often get it by chance in MB or a ricochet from slingshots and/or CRANE targets. It's not possible to hit from the right flipper.

If anybody has any answers for that I would love to hear them. All the other ramps and scoops are pretty easy to learn how to hit with a trapped ball but that one seems impossible. Every time I've had a ball go in that scoop it's not been by my doing.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
that shot is very doable from the left flipper on android version. At least when it is controlled, with 4-5-6 balls in play not so much.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
that shot is very doable from the left flipper on android version. At least when it is controlled, with 4-5-6 balls in play not so much.

Always interesting if there are platform differences in ball control and ball trajectories. I have since found that there are a few instances in which the ball falls on the left flipper and can be one-timed towards the Wildcard/EB hole but they are sparse and not predictable nor plannable (is that a correct English word? :) )

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Well, Tarek posted a maximum score just like MSF, 10 points away from the 10B rollover. Maybe 18 people wont tie for first on this one.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Well, Tarek posted a maximum score just like MSF, 10 points away from the 10B rollover. Maybe 18 people wont tie for first on this one.

Yes it's the same like MSF. The DMD stays at 999.. Now the fun is over with this table. What a pitty. It was my second ball only and a 30B score seems possible. Some game ROMs are to old for the easy TPA table emulations.

How do EB's work exactly? I would think that because after every World Premiere, "Light Extra Ball" is available again, it's potentially limitless

If you stack 3 EBs in the first ball that's the maximum for the whole game. Otherwise I think 4 EBs are possible but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Yes it's the same like MSF. The DMD stays at 999.. Now the fun is over with this table. What a pitty. It was my second ball only and a 30B score seems possible. Some game ROMs are to old for the easy TPA table emulations.

If you stack 3 EBs in the first ball that's the maximum for the whole game. Otherwise I think 4 EBs are possible but I'm not sure about that.
and yet, you insist on playing it on the easiest platform of all. Switch to tablets an try to reach just a fraction of your scores.
TPA on PC is not fun, it is endless boredom just like ZEN.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
and yet, you insist on playing it on the easiest platform of all. Switch to tablets an try to reach just a fraction of your scores.

He always likes to talk arrogant like that, don't mind him. I agree with you, PC DX9 is for enough tables made too easy. DX11 is much harder. And other platforms are much harder as well. That's the obvious reason why they should make different leaderboards. But FarSight don't give a **** about good ideas, sent them plenty in the past allready but they don't even respond to it.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016

You'll have to explain this one, because you sound like you're making excuses.

PC is the only platform with Physics 3.0, last I heard.

As of this post, iOS, Android and consoles still use 2.0 physics that make live catches near-impossible to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.