Use the website!

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Wii U players, in the absence of Miiverse integration, you can utilize the website www.pinballarcade.com to enhance the leaderboard experience, find friends and all their scores etc. Wii U players show up with NDO as their platform.

At this time, we are not yet in the spreadsheets that can be downloaded for the table data. I suspect that is because they are a couple weeks behind, not because the Wii U data doesn't flow into them...maybe I am wrong. But if your score can be found in the top 500 either all time, monthly, or weekly, you can click on your miiverse ID name and see all the high scores you have.

TPA website can be used to enhance the experience, even if you do not have a seperate TPA login. All you need to know is your Nintendo Network name, and any friends you may have too :) In the event you do have a TPA login also, I would at least like to see NDO as a default platform that we could select under that acct, but we cannot at this time.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Good call. I was just checking on this. I scored 1,051,000,000 or so in Bride of Pinbot, and wanted to view my rank on the leaderboard. This beat my old score of 1,032,639,570 placed while playing on Ouya. Currently my highest ranking on any table is Goin' Nuts, #2859 global @1,993,830. I had a lucky game the night I downloaded it.
http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=T09abqbKSMr1nS+vUVP9AGsH5zo/qTV/pbAkSHodixM=

My Nintendo Network ID (NNID) associated with my Wii-U is StarDust4Ever, same as my username here, on Ouya, Farsight, and elsewhere online. However as far as I can tell there is currently no option to log into my Farsight account within the Wii-U app or sync my new Wii-U purchases / high scores to my Farsight account.

To further aggravate the issue, my 10-character console nickname is [star]StarDust[star] using unicode text for the star symbols. On the leaderboards this shows up as ?StarDust?. I did a search to add user to my scores, I attempted to enter "?StarDust?" but alas question mark symbols are not permitted. How to I access my Wii-U scores online or sync them to my Farsight account?

Also if they update the app to permit login, what of my older scores posted to the leaderboards before the login update was available? Nowhere on the Farsight website it there an option to input my NNID (Nintendo Network ID) to view/sync scores submitted from my Wii-U device.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Good call. I was just checking on this. I scored 1,051,000,000 or so in Bride of Pinbot, and wanted to view my rank on the leaderboard. This beat my old score of 1,032,639,570 placed while playing on Ouya. Currently my highest ranking on any table is Goin' Nuts, #2859 global @1,993,830. I had a lucky game the night I downloaded it.
http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=T09abqbKSMr1nS+vUVP9AGsH5zo/qTV/pbAkSHodixM=

My Nintendo Network ID (NNID) associated with my Wii-U is StarDust4Ever, same as my username here, on Ouya, Farsight, and elsewhere online. However as far as I can tell there is currently no option to log into my Farsight account within the Wii-U app or sync my new Wii-U purchases / high scores to my Farsight account.

To further aggravate the issue, my 10-character console nickname is [star]StarDust[star] using unicode text for the star symbols. On the leaderboards this shows up as ?StarDust?. I did a search to add user to my scores, I attempted to enter "?StarDust?" but alas question mark symbols are not permitted. How to I access my Wii-U scores online or sync them to my Farsight account?

Also if they update the app to permit login, what of my older scores posted to the leaderboards before the login update was available? Nowhere on the Farsight website it there an option to input my NNID (Nintendo Network ID) to view/sync scores submitted from my Wii-U device.

Yes, correct. To see your Wii U scores, you have to find one. Then you click on the ID and you can see your corresponding (all time highs, anyway) on each tablk you have played on the Wii U. The "website login" in my case anyway, seems to tie to my staem ID not my NNID.

When you look at your "website account" you can set your default device, but Nintendo is not an option.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
StarDust4Ever said:
How to I access my Wii-U scores online or sync them to my Farsight account?

Consoles player IDs are not linked to the TPA website (PSN and now Nintendo).

So, basically, you can't use the website leaderboards features (friends, score comparison, my scores) if you play on consoles.

As Steven said, the only way to check a console player scores, is to find his ID in a table leaderboard (Top 500 only), and click on it to access the User Details page.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Hopefully they'll do something like Zen 2 and at least check Wii U friend scores. Doesn't work all the time, but it's cool,when it does.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
For what it's worth, here's my Nintendo scores.

Oh cool, they added "NDO" for Wii U scores.

The device on which the score has been made is also displayed in the in-game leaderboards, but only in the PS3 version (PC, Mobile, OSX are displayed near the player ID).

I will check if NDO is now also displayed (with your Frankenstein score > Frankenstein Schmitzy Rank: #3819 (NDO))

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Consoles player IDs are not linked to the TPA website (PSN and now Nintendo).

So, basically, you can't use the website leaderboards features (friends, score comparison, my scores) if you play on consoles.

As Steven said, the only way to check a console player scores, is to find his ID in a table leaderboard (Top 500 only), and click on it to access the User Details page.
Well I can honestly say I'm nowhere good enough to get top 500 of anything. The only time I've ever ranked that high was day one downloads, which is impossible for consoles. Even if I have to scroll through a couple thousand scores to view my rank, I would like the ability to pull my userid up.

It appears if one can reach the top 500, they can add their ID to their Farsight profile. So there is probably a permalink buried somewhere in the site interface to access PSN or NNID scores but is inaccessible to those not in global 500 ranks.

It would be nice to view them. Thanks. Also it would be nice to compare to global scores for just the Wii-U (or PSN) version as well. I understand XBLA scores are locked to microsoft devices only, but that's a Microsoft policy, not Farsight's.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Well I can honestly say I'm nowhere good enough to get top 500 of anything. The only time I've ever ranked that high was day one downloads, which is impossible for consoles. Even if I have to scroll through a couple thousand scores to view my rank, I would like the ability to pull my userid up.

It appears if one can reach the top 500, they can add their ID to their Farsight profile. So there is probably a permalink buried somewhere in the site interface to access PSN or NNID scores but is inaccessible to those not in global 500 ranks.

It would be nice to view them. Thanks. Also it would be nice to compare to global scores for just the Wii-U (or PSN) version as well. I understand XBLA scores are locked to microsoft devices only, but that's a Microsoft policy, not Farsight's.

Friend request sent! Stardust, I hear you about being in the top 500, especially on "all time" tab. However, you can easily find a score of yours on the "weekly" tab on many of the tables. Once ya find one, click on your NNID and just save the link. Then you can access all your current high scores any time. And you can save other peoples links the same way to compare. Good times man, in the absence of Miiverse integration.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Friend request sent! Stardust, I hear you about being in the top 500, especially on "all time" tab. However, you can easily find a score of yours on the "weekly" tab on many of the tables. Once ya find one, click on your NNID and just save the link. Then you can access all your current high scores any time. And you can save other peoples links the same way to compare. Good times man, in the absence of Miiverse integration.
Request accepted.

I wish I'd known this when I got the billion shot in BoP. When I checked later on, the score had already elapsed. Could have easily nabbed it. Still though, making people jump through hoops to access their own scores.

What day of the week (and preferably the hour and time zone as well) does the weekly leaderboard reset? Should be easy to get in the "top 500" an hour or so in on an unpopular table, even with an abysmal game...:rolleyes:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I believe it is Sundays. But many times, it takes days before even 500 scores are displayed on the weekly tab, depending on the table. So you can always find your page :)

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Well that was easy. I fired up Wii-U and let the ball drain three times on Goin Nuts without touching the flippers, which only have 220-something scores posted this week. Surprisingly, my score was not the lowest... :rolleyes:

Here's my profile, ?StarDust?
http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=+WNpL70OJX+i02SffkG8gGhaC0NvWaqPsbL7J5Gfxjo=

Now if only there's a way to link thosescores to my Farsight login so I can compare them. I tried the "Add User to Personalized Leaderboard" option but the software will not let me input question mark symbol. :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.