New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
They were around 16k even if there was a funding change/cost change I don't know what company would see "free money" and pass on it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Anyone donating to this is a complete sucker. This isn't a TPA game it is the launch of the new app Stern Pinball Arcade using TPA tech. Think about that. If this kickstarter doesn't make it's goal Stern is going to scrap the whole idea? That would be idiotic. Claiming this is licensing fees or expenses... no $#!% there are fees and expenses to starting a business. They just figured since it has been done before why not have all the suckers pay in advance and most insulting MORE than the intended retail price. Stern is set to launch Star Trek and Ghostbusters already, they are pitching it all over their instagram and facebook, they will make that goal if they have to pay all $100K of it themselves.

Please choose your words carefully when posting your opinion. Singling out forum members and procceeding to insult them is an intolerable offense on our forum.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Stern pulled the tweet and FB post about the KS a couple days ago. Whatever is happening has been brewing since then at the very least.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
They were around 16k even if there was a funding change/cost change I don't know what company would see "free money" and pass on it.

First, they can't take your money if it's not 100%+ funded. This is KS not Indiegogo.

If there was someone coming in with a big lump-sum then they'd have to tear it down, and re-launch, with a new (smaller) goal.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Well, to say this was a surprise to see is an understatement...I hope this just means either they got it fully paid off, or renegotiated so they only need to ask for less money.

Would be a damn shame if we'd lose out on the AC/DC table.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
First, they can't take your money if it's not 100%+ funded. This is KS not Indiegogo.

If there was someone coming in with a big lump-sum then they'd have to tear it down, and re-launch, with a new (smaller) goal.

That would be a nice turn of events, if it comes back at half the goal we could definitely hit the mark.

karl

May 10, 2012
If Stern has decided to do another short run of ac/dc, they might have been able to include a digital version much cheaper. But if they were planing that, then why do a kickstarter in the first place. Farsight would not do this KS without talking it over with Stern first.

Before this kickstarter I was under the impression that this was Stern's baby, and that Farsight was, more or less only a hired gun. So the kickstarter run by Farsight came as a big surprise to me. But I still welcomed it, if it was to be the only way they would be able to release AC/DC.

I do agree that the timing seemed a bit off on this one but I am really sorry that they had to cancel it so soon.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
If Stern has decided to do another short run of ac/dc, they might have been able to include a digital version much cheaper. But if they were planing that, then why do a kickstarter in the first place. Farsight would not do this KS without talking it over with Stern first.

Before this kickstarter I was under the impression that this was Stern's baby, and that Farsight was, more or less only a hired gun. So the kickstarter run by Farsight came as a big surprise to me. But I still welcomed it, if it was to be the only way they would be able to release AC/DC.

I do agree that the timing seemed a bit off on this one but I am really sorry that they had to cancel it so soon.

yea does seem a bit odd, Stern did promote it at first but them pulled all the posts. Something happened then we just have been told yet. I think its been said that spiderman vault edition has the digital rights baked into the contracts, so maybe your right and acdc is gonna get another run. fingers crossed, I really wanted that table on my phone

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
From FS about the KS cancellation:

"It's a bug we're aware of, and it will be fixed in the next update".

f0d2246f-252b-4b33-a2c9-d264f410f761.jpg

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013

correct, I meant that they were well on their way. Either way I'm more interested in this than work atm haha

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Maybe the record company did not approve of the kickstarter?

So many questions :)

That seems unlikely as you'd think this stuff would have been negotiated prior to the release of the Kickstarter.

I have to imagine something changed since the launch on one/both sides of the arrangement.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
That seems unlikely as you'd think this stuff would have been negotiated prior to the release of the Kickstarter.
Remember that during the Doctor Who Kickstarter Farsight had to remove the Doctor Who Theme music from the video because they didn't have the right to use it.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Please choose your words carefully when posting your opinion. Singling out forum members and procceeding to insult them is an intolerable offense on our forum.

I am not singling a member out. Singling out would be the people picking me out by name and insulting me as they have done and you have not chosen to address. Don't that I have a problem with it, just an example of what singling out means. I by no means am "triggered" or feel my "safe space" was violated by "hate-speech".

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I am glad it is cancelled and don't doubt for a second that AC/DC will be on the app. It is ridiculous for Stern to be paying as much as they are publicizing themselves in the last 2 months and then pretend they need donations to launch their own tables. They may not have the specific rights for a video game and app but they already have the property under contract. It is nothing like TPA's kickstarters. It was nothing but a money grab.

Members online

Members online