"Skill" shot

GET

May 1, 2016
Quite ridiculous having one of the skill shots given to you automatically when you launch the ball. I remember the first time playing this table, doing a full plunge, the magnet stops the ball and lands in the lit lane. I was like "Woooow." It would make more sense if the magnet was disabled at the beginning of each ball, but the point of a skill shot is to practice getting it, hence the term skill shot!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
On the actual table, the feed from the magnet is much less controlled, meaning there's some skill involved.
If you want an actual skill shot, hold the left flipper and plunge into the top hole.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
When i played it in rel life, the magnet reliably gave you that skill shot too.

Yes, it really is that easy. It was intended tat way. if you want the difficult skill shot, you can go for it.

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
I bought an actual table this year and have been playing it a lot. It's so much better playing with three physical buttons!

The lane skill shot is reliable 75% of the time. The other 25% it bounces over to the right lane.
The ramp skill shot is never worth going for, it's just not a reliable shot on the fly.
The orbit skill shot is actually in the code, but you can't get it on the first ball. If you have one shot left to start orbit multiball it will give you extra points if you hit the orbit hole on the plunge. I think it's 5 million.

Members online

Members online