Bug No music after pausing and black screenshot

GET

May 1, 2016
Bug 1: When pausing a table and restarting on any table, the music track disappears until a different music cue plays. All sound effects and ball sounds remain intact.

Bug 2: When going into the Home menu, the screen turns black before entering the menu. I understand if Nintendo doesn't want people taking screenshots, but this is like that issue from the PS4 awhile ago. If people want to share screenshots or make a video, it's perfectly acceptable for them to do those things.

These bugs are from a launch Deluxe Wii U. I haven't reported bugs before, if there's something wrong with this, let me know!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Bug 1: When pausing a table and restarting on any table, the music track disappears until a different music cue plays. All sound effects and ball sounds remain intact.

Bug 2: When going into the Home menu, the screen turns black before entering the menu. I understand if Nintendo doesn't want people taking screenshots, but this is like that issue from the PS4 awhile ago. If people want to share screenshots or make a video, it's perfectly acceptable for them to do those things.

These bugs are from a launch Deluxe Wii U. I haven't reported bugs before, if there's something wrong with this, let me know!

This format is fine, I'll log it into our bug database.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I noticed you can't take screenshots as well. Seems kind of a moot point when people do it from mobile and just about every other device. I don't see how screenshooting would hurt sales anyhow.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Agreed, I would prefer enhanced control options such as pro cotroller support, and perhaps enhanced gamepad options before screenshots. I mean, despite lack of screenshots, there is a Miiverse community around the game and we do tie into the main Farsight leaderboards. Not as robust as Zen's Miiverse/friend integration, but that had some problems too with connectivity at times.

Last edited:

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Regarding the music issue, is the game installed on internal or external memory? I had several sound issues with Zen pinball when it was on an external hdd, but things were much improved when I moved it to the internal memory.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Some developers in the past have had apparent optimisation issues when their games were on external storage. I know Runbow had that problem of occasional pauses, but they fixed that in an update, so if that's the cause, Farsight should hopefully be able to address it.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
We did confirm the sound not playing correctly.

The screenshots showing up black was a requirement from Nintendo.

I am very glad that the FlippyFloppy individual is reading the Wii U forums. Increases my confidence that we will see updates :) How about that pro controller support? I never noticed the music thing even LOL. Thank you!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I am very glad that the FlippyFloppy individual is reading the Wii U forums. Increases my confidence that we will see updates :) How about that pro controller support? I never noticed the music thing even LOL. Thank you!

It will be some time before we release the next update, the pro controller support will be added.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
That's odd, wonder why? They certainly enable them more many of their games...

I believe it's because of the content rating for a table like Frankenstein establishes the ESRB rating for the entire title. So any mature content would flag the entire title to not be allowed for screen captures.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I believe it's because of the content rating for a table like Frankenstein establishes the ESRB rating for the entire title. So any mature content would flag the entire title to not be allowed for screen captures.

I wonder if NoE would have a different attitude on that? I thought that might be the reason, but it seemed too silly to be the case. Good old Nintendo!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.