May Tournament!

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
The best change I've seen to the tournament rules is extending the date range. I would sign up and then remember late Saturday, arguably the busiest day of the week for me, remembering and having to rush through the 4 tables before the deadline. Looking forward to this tourney.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Lol bring it sExtort.

[MENTION=2145]Nomorestalker[/MENTION] I am really looking forward to it now too, you guys got me pumped

Just gotta say once again how awesome Xanija is for working on the sign ups and score keeping :) now, he has it so I can copy and paste results straight to a forum post! The guy has been super generous with his time and impressive skills!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, Xanija is a rockstar. The only reason I kept my enthusiasm each tournament was because of how easy his program made it to run.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I agree about Xanija and these tourneys give me hope with farsight future. Please keep them going.
Having said that...I don't think divisions will work unless there is a foundation; however, I think by now we do have a foundation after so many Totm's...Its clear how much easier it is to lump everyone together and winner take all. Divisions require some extra work. My point is there is a reason pinball tourneys have divisions.
I only have suggestions and not running any tourneys in the moment until my memory of scoregoal goes away.
One suggestion is A and B division. A is top 10 players, B is everyone else. Winner of B plays A, loser of A plays B, and so on each tourney. A only qualifies for gifts and such. B gets honarable mentiones.
Another suggestion is to break it down further, A, B,C. Not sure if amount of people would make this work. Shutyertrap believes there is not, he may be right with 3 divisions.
Anyway, just a suggestion to some criticisms I've been hearing about lack of divisions and same 5% winning week after week.
P.S. Any tips on el dorado (em)?

Last edited:

No Pickles

May 18, 2016
Hi all. I'm a long time listener of the Blahcade podcast, and almost joined the tournament a few times in the past. I think I'm finally ready.
Some noob questions because I haven't scoured the previous threads closely.
1. Do I just sign up from this thread when the link becomes active?
2. My son and I share a Farsight Account on our respective devices. Can he enter as well, even though he doesn't have his own user name?
3. Does it matter if we're not very good?
Thanks so much! Looking forward to Memorial Day Weekend!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Hi all. I'm a long time listener of the Blahcade podcast, and almost joined the tournament a few times in the past. I think I'm finally ready.
Some noob questions because I haven't scoured the previous threads closely.
1. Do I just sign up from this thread when the link becomes active?
2. My son and I share a Farsight Account on our respective devices. Can he enter as well, even though he doesn't have his own user name?
3. Does it matter if we're not very good?
Thanks so much! Looking forward to Memorial Day Weekend!

Let me answer this for you:

1. There will be a sign-up link to a Google Form, which will be posted here.
2. Sure - Since your son might not have a forum account as well, just enter some name which he wants to use to participate. Both of you then enter their scores separately.
3. No! As long as you have fun playing this tournament, you're welcome. There are players of all kind in here. Just join it and have fun.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Question: Are we free to choose between 3-ball and 5-ball on Genie in the tourney?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=5169]superdan[/MENTION] your ideas sound cool I would have liked to do an 'A' and 'B' league, but I think its more fair when a prize is involved to give everybody an equal chance. Also how do you schedule something like that? Remember, lots of players can end up short on time myself included.

[MENTION=6126]No Pickles[/MENTION] that is awesome that you kid plays! Good luck to you both

[MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] I say people are free to choose a 3 or 5 ball game, unless anyone has a reasonable objection to the rule

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We played TotM with allowing people to choose 3 or 5 balls. It winds up being a wash for most people with higher point values but fewer balls vs lower point values and more balls.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All

Firstly. Thanks to [MENTION=4407]Snorzel[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] for keeping TotM alive :D

I was reminded of new tourney on the latest Blahcade (great show btw), and the table selection appealed :)

Will try to get scores in on all 8.

Andy / HOW

PS. Anyone got the UK times/dates?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Start: Friday 12 AM Mountain time = Friday 6 AM UTC = 7 AM BST = 8 AM CEST
End: Monday 11:59 PM Mountain time = Tuesday 5:59 AM UTC = 6:59 AM BST = 7:59 AM CEST

For all other time zones it's best to refer to UTC times, as you probably know best your offset to UTC.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have added the link to the sign up form to the op. Sorry I am posting a bit late, this is the sign up link also:

http://goo.gl/forms/a1j7Zkj7oMWcQv033

Thank you all for signing up! Cant wait to play, I have had a learning curve with my new controller but I think I am ready! How about you all?

I will be posting in the last 2 relative totw threads, Xenon & Genie those and all the others will be open til the tourney so share your thoughts on individual tables there.

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Signed up for my first TOTM after months of feeling guilty for not taking part every time I hear the podcast :) Won't be threatening the top half but as so many have said that's hardly the point!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Tonight I will post a thread for the score entry form, results and discussion! I am amazed at the amount of possitive responses this has recieved, thank you all, your great PBAfans :).

I am not sure how long it will take me to get our results as its my first time using the form, but it seems simple enough and I will get the overall winner figued and post the results, including results for each machine as soon as I can after. Good luck all, I am off to practice a bit more

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Just had an idea, make sure when taking your evidence of score pic/screen shot that you get the credits you score on El Dorado, this will be used to determine the winner should a tie occur. I will add this to the op and to the score entry thread :)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I only expect to do good on 2 of these tables. maybe ok on 2 of them. the rest I expect to get last place since I never play them and I never practice the table of the week, or do I practice before I play my 2 games.

are we gonna be in groups? I don't see a group listing.

good luck too all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.