One year without any updates

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Last edited:

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I think it's safe to say, based on the evidence presented, the 360 hasn't had an update for a year.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The Xbox 360 is more than a decade old, and so is the PS3.

"I think we agree: the past is over." - George W Bush

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Why single out Farsight? Pretty much all developers have moved on from the 360.
Because Farsight keep saying they are still developing for Xbox 360 and because that platform got only 4 updates in 4 years.
And because the Xbox 360 version was a device option in the Doctor Who Kickstarter.

The Xbox 360 is more than a decade old, and so is the PS3.
DirectX 9 is 14 years old.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Because Farsight keep saying they are still developing for Xbox 360 and because that platform got only 4 updates in 4 years.
And because the Xbox 360 version was a device option in the Doctor Who Kickstarter.

Well, how long was FarSight claiming it's been available for the WiiU? It has just recently been released.

TPA may not have sold very well on the 360 since the new update. I got tired of waiting for updates and moved on to the PC version-the DX9 version was as good as the 360 version IMO. Not to mention that last year's update seriously downgraded the sound quality.

Jeff Sousa

May 21, 2016
Microsoft has some stupid practices regarding updates for games.
It is expected to have less updates on consoles than PC and mobile because of the approval process that takes very long, but Microsoft charges the developer for every update that is released, unlike Sony and Nintendo.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Microsoft has some stupid practices regarding updates for games.
It is expected to have less updates on consoles than PC and mobile because of the approval process that takes very long, but Microsoft charges the developer for every update that is released, unlike Sony and Nintendo.

Welcome to the boards Jeff!

I may have to be corrected on this one, but apparently Sony does too. I'm not sure about Nintendo though.

On the one hand, it helps to keep "junk games" out of their online stores. On the other hand, hard-working developers betting their success or failure on a single project have more hoops to jump through, and may not have the clout that an EA or Ubisoft might. But just like console operating systems or computer programs, they constantly will need updates for security and compatibility.

Not to bag on Apple, but how many games om their app store become incompatible with each new OS released? And some companies don't even follow-up with updates. Thus, you spend money on an app which doesn't work, and you have to deal with support to get a refund. Who could fault console developers for wanting to avoid those headaches, especially when they're being increasing clogged with hacking problems?

Now it may be easy to get games released on Steam, but who wants to play something like "grain of sand simulator"?

karl

May 10, 2012
I'm guessing it is a financial choice.(like Jeff is suggesting)

I remember Farsight had to pay a huge fee every time they updated on the 360 in the past, and now that most people have moved on to newer consoles it probably would be a financial disaster to do an update for every 3 or 4 tables.(like on the new consoles)

Maybe they will do the whole season in one update? At least they haven't said that they have quit the 360 yet, so you 360 fans still should have some hope. I get that it sucks to wait this long, (again) though :(

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, we're waiting on pins and needles for updates, and MS give us Goat Simulator instead. :rolleyes:

Interesting you mention that, because now on Steam, "Goat Simulator-Waste of Space." Sounds more like a "Waste of Time" IMO.

I think i'll stick with TX Sector if all goes well tomorrow.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Saw on the TX Sector twitchstream that MS doesn't allow updates on already released dlc, so we are stuck with the way some tables play............Major bummer. :(

But can a re-release be made? I know that would make for a huge pack of data, probably bigger than the limit.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Saw on the TX Sector twitchstream that MS doesn't allow updates on already released dlc, so we are stuck with the way some tables play............Major bummer. :(

But can a re-release be made? I know that would make for a huge pack of data, probably bigger than the limit.

On PS3, Sony allowed it one time with the infamous "megapatch".

Basically, all the DLC were replaced in the Store, and an in-game message were displayed when you launched a table "New game data are available for this table. Download now".

After that, FS claimed that they would be now possible to update DLC tables on PS3 independantly when necessary, along with a regular game update. It NEVER happened. That was two years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.