TX Sector - Twitch broadcast

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I hope they're gonna hint for at least one thing in season 6. Maybe a little tidbit about one of the mystery tables.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I hope I'll get to watch it live. And they won't overtly give away an upcoming table.....we'll have to wait for the table hints. But I know they will say Table X is an awesome pin and would definitely love to get it into TPA.

That's the surprise. Remember the clamor we made when Black Rose's hint was dropped? We all thought it was BK2000.

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I hope I'll get to watch it live. And they won't overtly give away an upcoming table.....we'll have to wait for the table hints. But I know they will say Table X is an awesome pin and would definitely love to get it into TPA.

That's the surprise. Remember the clamor we made when Black Rose's hint was dropped? We all thought it was BK2000.
------------
Mighty eager for the TX start eh. :D

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Table looked decent. They did a good job with the running teleport light strips. The ball moving under the clear plastic looked a bit odd though. There were some bugs with the build like the flippers stopped working and a ball that went missing during multiball - kinda like the real deal. Not sure how this table is going to go over though. The sounds are actually pretty good but there's not a lot of meat for things to do. It'll be fun for a week or two and the occasional game though.

Here's some other notes from the call:

- iOS release will be delayed but it shouldn't be too bad
- Stern Pinball Arcade is going to release with the standard TPA physics. The 4.0 physics will come later
- Re-iterated cab support on hold due to licensing issues - almost sounded like they couldn't put the tables in that format without re-doing the current licensing but maybe reading a bit too much between the lines
- They're not allowed to updated existing released Xbox 360 tables - didn't catch why if an explanation was given
- They sold their Harley table at some point

I was kinda half listening so might have said some other things. One thing that I perked up on was when one host was talking about Fireball but kept referring to it as Fire! The other host mentioned how they thought the table looked neat and they played it - like they just recently played it...in the office? So kinda hoping that was alluding to that table appearing early in S6.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
They didn't reveal anything important this time, from what U could see, but I managed to get extra lucky tonight. I won a copy of the table on a giveaway on Farsight's stream, and then won again on Buffalo Pinball's stream (but I told 'em to roll again, obviously). I never expected that.

Table is looking great, by the way. The next one is most likely A.G. Soccer, but I'd prefer to be surprised.

Last edited:

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I won a copy of the table on a giveaway on Farsight's stream, and then won again on Buffalo Pinball's stream (but I told 'em to roll again, obviously). I never expected that.
tb6CqM5.jpg

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
MS not allowing updates on exiting tables? when did that happen? They allowed an update when there was the flipper-phasing 'epidemic'. Bad look for MS.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd have done the same thing Kaibun. I have no need for two copies of TX either. You did the right thing passing along your good luck to another. Kudos sir.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Then also kudos to "Failsight" as he also passed along his won copy to someone else during last Twitch stream.
"Failsight" needs to give away a real TX-Sector before he even gets started on making up for the negative impact on the TPA community he's had -- his hacked scores, jackassery on the Kickstarter comments pages, and probably more things.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Failsight didn't even want his table, he just said 'No thanks, I don't want anything from your buggy game.'.

He's just a bad troll, who I already have blocked.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
- They're not allowed to updated existing released Xbox 360 tables - didn't catch why if an explanation was given

They did not go into great detail but it has to do with how updating software on that platform works. They make it sound like a limitation of the platform. They can't update existing items. They can obviously add new content, so I am going to think they can't "update" because of how they have everything set up. I'm sure if they released an update to the entire game, it would work, but I would guess they don't have things set up that way. Because, if updating something on Xbox 360 was not possible, you would probably have heard about such a thing by now. It is possible to update things there, so it could also come down to a time vs demand issue. Is it worth the time and effort to make the changes required in order to update on that platform? I don't really know, it is a guess. I don't know any secrets, about pinball anyways. :)

I won a copy of the table on a giveaway on Farsight's stream, and then won again on Buffalo Pinball's stream (but I told 'em to roll again, obviously). I never expected that.

Someday I hope to win a raffle on Farsight's stream. So far I've won 4 times on Buffalo Pinball already, but mods don't get to win prizes.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think the 360 issue is that there is a limit to the size that a patch can be (which is what they said was an issue back in 2012, during the initial 360 release)

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Someday I hope to win a raffle on Farsight's stream. So far I've won 4 times on Buffalo Pinball already, but mods don't get to win prizes.
I've managed to win a TAF Gold on FS's stream before, so I really couldn't believe my luck yesterday. I'm over the moon here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.