PC - Bug Extra Ball doesn't trigger table goal

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
Exactly what it says on the tin. Earned an Extra Ball two separate times, didn't get the Table Goal either time. May have something to do with a switch that would normally change the lit target being hit immediately after earning the EB, but before the check for the Goal activates. Not 100% on that, though, so don't quote me on it.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Exactly what it says on the tin. Earned an Extra Ball two separate times, didn't get the Table Goal either time. May have something to do with a switch that would normally change the lit target being hit immediately after earning the EB, but before the check for the Goal activates. Not 100% on that, though, so don't quote me on it.

Confirmed that the goal is not awarding properly.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
It took until the 3rd time I collected it, but it finally triggered for me on Steam. Got it from the right lane instead of the left (where I collected it the first 2 times). Don't know if that made a difference.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Eh, it's a general bug. It happens in a lot of tables, not just this one. I had to get the Frenzy in Funhouse several times until I always finally awarded with the goal.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] I don't know if it's how the instructions are written or what, but these have got to be some of the most asinine goals ever on top of the table not registering them. It took me 3 or 4 times before the 'collect special' goal registered for me. The 'zero score extra ball' I thought I got, but now I'm reading the special has to be lit too? And just to clarify, 2 balls have to physically be in the plunger lane for that goal to register? Because the way it's written, I thought you just needed to get the ball into the plunger lane twice over the course of the game.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It took me 3 or 4 times before the 'collect special' goal registered for me.
As Kaibun said, this happens on I think most tables with this goal or a similar one. TPA has to detect the special, and it has to do so by either inspecting the display, or noting that a particular sound clip was played (I think, and I think it's usually or always the sound clip). If these things didn't happen, you don't get the goal. I don't think a better method is obvious :).

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] I don't know if it's how the instructions are written or what, but these have got to be some of the most asinine goals ever on top of the table not registering them. It took me 3 or 4 times before the 'collect special' goal registered for me. The 'zero score extra ball' I thought I got, but now I'm reading the special has to be lit too? And just to clarify, 2 balls have to physically be in the plunger lane for that goal to register? Because the way it's written, I thought you just needed to get the ball into the plunger lane twice over the course of the game.

We should have an update coming out soon.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Valueless extra ball means an extra ball when you already have one. this is tricky as it will not light one if you already have one.

the only way to get a valueless extra ball is to collect the special, THEN the extra ball, during multiball. if both are lit on same side doesn't count.

and yes you need to get both balls into the plunger lane. it will detect properly always. still don't have valueless extra ball

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.