Guide to get the Valueless Extraball wizard goal on TX Sector

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Why do you have to have the special lit too? I swear this is one of the stupider wizard goals FarSight has done. I had the extra ball lit on the right, no energy balls lit, both balls on the left flipper. Aimed the shot, got the extra ball while the other ball hit a drop, still no energy bars lit, didn't get the goal. Totally pissed about that. This after having to shoot the special numerous times before it registered for the standard goals.

And just to confirm, the goal with getting a ball into the plunge lane twice, is that physically having 2 balls in there at the same time? And if so, really? Goes to show how little there is to do on this table when asinine goals like that constitute showing off your skills.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
That was my thought as well but I actually found these goals to be quite easy. Even the two balls in the plunger was quite simple, one would get there during multiball with the second ball cradled. I just left it in there and continued playing as a single-ball game. Once the second ball was let loose I was able to get them both in there with fair frequency.

Once I had the valueless goal explained it was pretty easy. You must have special (drop targets x3 each) and extra ball lit at the same time.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
After talking with someone this goal might have a registering issue like the standard EB goal does (special too?), collect your special (which is an extra ball) then start multiball and collect that EB lit lamp (which will have no value) from the right side. Hitting drop targets will move the lit lamp left&right if you need to move it to the right.

I didn't have an issue with the standard goals, because I collected from the right side I guess until I worked on this goal

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
How the goal works. if you collect special before lighting the extra ball, then the extra ball will not light. you MUST collect special during multiball.

If they are lit on same side it will not register.

so you must light both special and extra ball on opposite sides, then collect special, which will give you an extra ball, and then collect the lit extra ball which will not unlight.

special and extra ball are tracked separately, so to get a valueless extra ball you have to collect special first, otherwise it would be a valueless special.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FS really were digging in the dirt for the Wizard Goals on this table.

I'm also pretty sure I didn't do the two multiplier Wizard Goals properly, but they were still credited. Or maybe I did, who knows?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah, seems the one for getting a level 9 teleport in multiball credits just for starting multiball...

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Why do you have to have the special lit too? I swear this is one of the stupider wizard goals FarSight has done. I had the extra ball lit on the right, no energy balls lit, both balls on the left flipper. Aimed the shot, got the extra ball while the other ball hit a drop, still no energy bars lit, didn't get the goal. Totally pissed about that. This after having to shoot the special numerous times before it registered for the standard goals.

And just to confirm, the goal with getting a ball into the plunge lane twice, is that physically having 2 balls in there at the same time? And if so, really? Goes to show how little there is to do on this table when asinine goals like that constitute showing off your skills.

My "favorite" WG is "score at least 3M points". Remember how freakin' hard it was to do on another Gottlieb table? I did that twice just while going for the SGs on this one. Got that WG within 3 attempts.

No wonder there's minimal love for Gottliebs in TPA-lots of busy-work goals. Sterns (or DE or Sega) are also really bad about those kind of goals too. Is a "death save" even possible in TPA. I know it is in PFX2.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My "favorite" WG is "score at least 3M points". Remember how freakin' hard it was to do on another Gottlieb table? I did that twice just while going for the SGs on this one. Got that WG within 3 attempts.

No wonder there's minimal love for Gottliebs in TPA-lots of busy-work goals. Sterns (or DE or Sega) are also really bad about those kind of goals too. Is a "death save" even possible in TPA. I know it is in PFX2.
In LAH the table acknowledges that you've performed a death save. So it's not only possible, it's a legitimate wizard goal.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Here's my video of earning the goal (and thanks to OP for coming up with the steps). skippycue collected both items on the right side. For the longest time I thought that it needs to be done that way, or the game won't register the goals. In one game I collected special on left, and then extra ball on right, and it didn't count. Turns out it must've been a bug (no surprise there). Here's where it actually worked. I accidentally collected special on the left, and then extra ball on the right and got this stupid goal over with. Now if I could only divine a way to get two balls in the plunger goal, I will never have to look at this table again:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
2 balls in the plunger lane is in all seriousness the dumbest goal FarSight ever came up with, as there is no reason why you would ever do that in real life. It doesn’t show you are a pinball wizard, it shows you’re an idiot more interested in tricks than points!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.