Thread: Guide to get the Valueless Extraball wizard goal on TX Sector

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Guide to get the Valueless Extraball wizard goal on TX Sector

Highscores PCSteam Profile (feel free to add me) • For Amusment Only (Steam Group for all pinball games on Steam)

♫ Listen to my selfcomposed music ♫
    SoundCloud (new demos / work in progress) • MyOwnMusic (german site with all my finished songs) • YouTube (some older stuff)
    Facebook Fanpage (stay informed) • Twitter (stay informed) • Instagram (some pics and short videos)

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why do you have to have the special lit too? I swear this is one of the stupider wizard goals FarSight has done. I had the extra ball lit on the right, no energy balls lit, both balls on the left flipper. Aimed the shot, got the extra ball while the other ball hit a drop, still no energy bars lit, didn't get the goal. Totally pissed about that. This after having to shoot the special numerous times before it registered for the standard goals.

And just to confirm, the goal with getting a ball into the plunge lane twice, is that physically having 2 balls in there at the same time? And if so, really? Goes to show how little there is to do on this table when asinine goals like that constitute showing off your skills.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was my thought as well but I actually found these goals to be quite easy. Even the two balls in the plunger was quite simple, one would get there during multiball with the second ball cradled. I just left it in there and continued playing as a single-ball game. Once the second ball was let loose I was able to get them both in there with fair frequency.

Once I had the valueless goal explained it was pretty easy. You must have special (drop targets x3 each) and extra ball lit at the same time.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After talking with someone this goal might have a registering issue like the standard EB goal does (special too?), collect your special (which is an extra ball) then start multiball and collect that EB lit lamp (which will have no value) from the right side. Hitting drop targets will move the lit lamp left&right if you need to move it to the right.

I didn't have an issue with the standard goals, because I collected from the right side I guess until I worked on this goal

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the goal works. if you collect special before lighting the extra ball, then the extra ball will not light. you MUST collect special during multiball.

If they are lit on same side it will not register.

so you must light both special and extra ball on opposite sides, then collect special, which will give you an extra ball, and then collect the lit extra ball which will not unlight.

special and extra ball are tracked separately, so to get a valueless extra ball you have to collect special first, otherwise it would be a valueless special.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FS really were digging in the dirt for the Wizard Goals on this table.

I'm also pretty sure I didn't do the two multiplier Wizard Goals properly, but they were still credited. Or maybe I did, who knows?
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, seems the one for getting a level 9 teleport in multiball credits just for starting multiball...
    Last edited by Zaphod77; 06-04-2016 at 09:02 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Why do you have to have the special lit too? I swear this is one of the stupider wizard goals FarSight has done. I had the extra ball lit on the right, no energy balls lit, both balls on the left flipper. Aimed the shot, got the extra ball while the other ball hit a drop, still no energy bars lit, didn't get the goal. Totally pissed about that. This after having to shoot the special numerous times before it registered for the standard goals.

And just to confirm, the goal with getting a ball into the plunge lane twice, is that physically having 2 balls in there at the same time? And if so, really? Goes to show how little there is to do on this table when asinine goals like that constitute showing off your skills.
    My "favorite" WG is "score at least 3M points". Remember how freakin' hard it was to do on another Gottlieb table? I did that twice just while going for the SGs on this one. Got that WG within 3 attempts.

No wonder there's minimal love for Gottliebs in TPA-lots of busy-work goals. Sterns (or DE or Sega) are also really bad about those kind of goals too. Is a "death save" even possible in TPA. I know it is in PFX2.
    Last edited by rehtroboi40; 06-05-2016 at 03:44 AM.
    After User, the same five patterns repeat.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    My "favorite" WG is "score at least 3M points". Remember how freakin' hard it was to do on another Gottlieb table? I did that twice just while going for the SGs on this one. Got that WG within 3 attempts.

No wonder there's minimal love for Gottliebs in TPA-lots of busy-work goals. Sterns (or DE or Sega) are also really bad about those kind of goals too. Is a "death save" even possible in TPA. I know it is in PFX2.
    In LAH the table acknowledges that you've performed a death save. So it's not only possible, it's a legitimate wizard goal.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PS4, PS Vita, PS3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got this goal and I personally did not think it was "easy", but doable with practice.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my video of earning the goal (and thanks to OP for coming up with the steps). skippycue collected both items on the right side. For the longest time I thought that it needs to be done that way, or the game won't register the goals. In one game I collected special on left, and then extra ball on right, and it didn't count. Turns out it must've been a bug (no surprise there). Here's where it actually worked. I accidentally collected special on the left, and then extra ball on the right and got this stupid goal over with. Now if I could only divine a way to get two balls in the plunger goal, I will never have to look at this table again:

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 balls in the plunger lane is in all seriousness the dumbest goal FarSight ever came up with, as there is no reason why you would ever do that in real life. It doesn’t show you are a pinball wizard, it shows you’re an idiot more interested in tricks than points!