Request General Wish List Thread

N

netizen

Agreed on these. Nudging is almost impossible to handle when you're holding an iPad with two hands and flipping with your thumbs. Having to reach way up on the screen to nudge is way too cumbersome, and as a consequence, I can hardly ever nudge in time.

Agreed to all three. Would also like vertical nudge for iPad.

Hi Chad, welcome to the forum.

TPA has 2 of those three already.

When you have selected your table, on your mobile device, go to options, and use the side arrows to scroll the list down. You will see selections to choose from 1 of 6 touch screen configurations to suit your style of play. You can even make the touch zones visible if you desire.

Once you have the touch zones visible you'll notice a zone between the flippers zones, that is the up, or vertical, nudge.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Hi Chad, welcome to the forum.

TPA has 2 of those three already.

When you have selected your table, on your mobile device, go to options, and use the side arrows to scroll the list down. You will see selections to choose from 1 of 6 touch screen configurations to suit your style of play. You can even make the touch zones visible if you desire.

Once you have the touch zones visible you'll notice a zone between the flippers zones, that is the up, or vertical, nudge.

Hey dude, thank you! Configuration E looks like it will work best!!

Thanks again.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Honestly I would like an option to turn OFF the share button. I have accidentally hit it numerous times and have lost quite a few balls because of it or maybe put the game in pause mode when hit.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Honestly I would like an option to turn OFF the share button. I have accidentally hit it numerous times and have lost quite a few balls because of it or maybe put the game in pause mode when hit.

I'm pretty sure that the share button is solely controlled by the OS so that wish would be up to Sony and not FarSight.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I raised this elsewhere in forum, but logging here to the general wish list thread.....

Can rollover switches especially around the outlanes be animated at least with an up/down image when the ball runs over the switch? This would be great in the PC version where some people play in portrait on a large TV screen.

Original thread:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6982-Animated-Rollover-Switches-Possible

Good news, mate.

Thanks to Mike Reitmeyer, Firepower and Central Park now have animated rollover switches. Even the star switches animate now!

This was added into Android 22b. The wire switches are a black color on mobile so far, so hopefully a bug I formally raised asking for a more silver texture to be applied will make the animation more prominent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgFX_ebsPXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player for a quick show and tell recorded on my Nexus 7 (gameplay doesn't stutter like the video.)

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It actually gets better than that, at least for PC owners :)
KnFluEF.png

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
The ability to buy separate tables.
I skipped Black Knight and Funhouse from season one but I would like to buy them now. Can't buy them without buying both 2-packs and I refuse to pay for 2 tables I already own.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
The ability to buy separate tables.
I skipped Black Knight and Funhouse from season one but I would like to buy them now. Can't buy them without buying both 2-packs and I refuse to pay for 2 tables I already own.
nice to meet a true pinball fan. :rolleyes: im one of the poorest MF'S on this forum, but if it will make you happy i'll pay pal you 10 bucks so you can be happy. no joke. send me your info.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Strange you can't buy them individually if you already own 'the other table' in the pack. You should be able to do that, are you sure you can't? Not too long ago I bought Black Knight for €1,79..
Btw, both BK and FH are great tables.

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
nice to meet a true pinball fan. :rolleyes: im one of the poorest MF'S on this forum, but if it will make you happy i'll pay pal you 10 bucks so you can be happy. no joke. send me your info.
It's not about the friggin money, it's about the functionality. During season 1 we were able to either buy the pack or buy the main table, which I did on those 2 occasions. There's no way to buy the second table separately, which is rather stupid.

Shockman

Jun 12, 2013
The game is off to a good start, but as far as lighting it has a way to go. A request? I certainly hope it's a WIP.

Unless someone use to play pinball with their chin resting on the lock-bar, something I never have seen, they could not be happy with the camera angle. This is disturbing, and does not invoke confidence in future development. I trust custom camera angles are a WIP as well, but the default should be fixed today.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The game is off to a good start, but as far as lighting it has a way to go. A request? I certainly hope it's a WIP.

Unless someone use to play pinball with their chin resting on the lock-bar, something I never have seen, they could not be happy with the camera angle. This is disturbing, and does not invoke confidence in future development. I trust custom camera angles are a WIP as well, but the default should be fixed today.

You've tried all the camera angles and you don't like any of them? The lowest angle we (my daughter, wife and I) call "five year old mode". The highest angle we call helicopter mode. We usually use something in between those!

The PC will get an upgrade in lighting to something along the lines of what the PS4 looks like now.

Shockman

Jun 12, 2013
You've tried all the camera angles and you don't like any of them? The lowest angle we (my daughter, wife and I) call "five year old mode". The highest angle we call helicopter mode. We usually use something in between those!

The PC will get an upgrade in lighting to something along the lines of what the PS4 looks like now.

I spent some time looking for camera angle settings, yes, but did not look hard enough until you suggested they were there. In of all places 'Controls'. To me controls is the input to control the game, not settings. By this thinking everything should be in controls. However this is nice that the camera angles could be changed, but yes, now I have tried them and don't like any of them. Could you imagine watching someone playing a real table and seeing it as they would Pinball Arcade? It would be silly. It would be ass backwards. They would lean down in front when the ball is close (THIS is when you would be looking down, not busting your chin on the lock bar to quickly see a side view. Did these devs ever play a real pinball. They really did exist, they are not just making that up.. Then when the ball get up top you would see the silly player jump up and over the table and look down (THIS is when you would be seeing the side). Backwards.

Also eyes don't have a zoom which is what the camera switching otherwise seems to simulate. A static view is in my opinion needed to take silliness, on a couple of levels, out. A free camera would be easy to give in a static view. People don't tilt their head up to see the upper portion closer, just to see the upper portion. This same applies to a good size monitor, and the physics of the perception is there. Slightly enlarged, maybe. An angle change, sure. But zoomed in don't work for me.

It could be my graphics card which I have problems with nothing else with, but some elements look bad, low res, and have artifacts. Some of the plungers would look bad in a Nintendo 64.

Also the interface is sending me in circles because when I click quit the next thing I want to do is go back, but go back is go back to having to ask to quit again. Got to hit OK, no problem, I remember that program behavior, that it use to be used a lot. I'll get use to it. Now I got to hit back? OK and still back. Seriously.

Look, the game is great. I realize there comes a point where someone might be inclined to say good enough. I'll say it myself, but just because it isn't mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.