Request General Wish List Thread

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
I really can't wait for the pc version and eventual editor.
There are a lot of possibilities.
I know in vp we hand code all the early em tables and id love to do some of them in the 3d format with a good physics engine.

Any word on a.pc release date

N

Nik Barbour

Thought of another smartphone wish.
Customisable input keys (eg. Instead of touchscreen input, left flipper could be assigned to keyboard input "z" so that physical keyboards, experia play's, wiimotes could be used for input).

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Didn't see this on the list...

If playing while offline, auto submitting any unsubmitted scores the next time an internet connection is established! Really sucks playing away from home (iPod Touch) since I know any scores I get will be lost in the void forever.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012

If playing while offline, auto submitting any unsubmitted scores the next time an internet connection is established! Really sucks playing away from home (iPod Touch) since I know any scores I get will be lost in the void forever.

YES! This is actually one of my own biggest problems that I totally forgot about! Added to list =)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

+1 for this. Great suggestion.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Full ipad 3 support please, it should look significantly better than it does atm with higher rez textures and dynamic lighting :D.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

Agreed! My scores always seem to be higher when playing offline!! :rolleyes:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Customizable DMD position and sizing.

Also, could you add this to the list: Customzable menu controls for PC version.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Would love to have (ahem) "ball drop" (ball hitting playfield) sounds when the ball drops through the lower end of the ramps.

done.

Customizable DMD position and sizing.

Also, could you add this to the list: Customzable menu controls for PC version.

and done.

Full ipad 3 support please, it should look significantly better than it does atm with higher rez textures and dynamic lighting :D.

this is gonna force me to buy an ipad 3...

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I would like to see an option to press a button to insert coins, rather than just going automatically to the table.

I understand this request for authenticity, but how many credits should be allowed to be inserted? Just one (at the beginning)? Because we were discussing the buy-in feature earlier and came to the conclusion that the player should only be granted one credit at the beginning of each game. He / she can then earn in-game credits/replays and use these to extend the game, like would be possible in real life. In order to prevent "credit hoarding", my idea was to limit the earned credits to that individual game and not make it possible to transfer credits between games or tables...

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I understand this request for authenticity, but how many credits should be allowed to be inserted? Just one (at the beginning)? Because we were discussing the buy-in feature earlier and came to the conclusion that the player should only be granted one credit at the beginning of each game. He / she can then earn in-game credits/replays and use these to extend the game, like would be possible in real life. In order to prevent "credit hoarding", my idea was to limit the earned credits to that individual game and not make it possible to transfer credits between games or tables...

I think scores on more than one credit should be excluded from the high score list and the number of presses for a credit should be the default of the machine.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I was under the impression scores are reset to zero anyway, when using another credit on real tables?

not when you're talking about "buy-in scores". but the machines usually list these in a separate high score list, which could be done on the online leaderboards as well, to differentiate them =) OR there could just be a number behind the score to show how many credits were used to achieve this score, ex. "1" would mean a regular, non-buy-in score, anything above that would be a buy-in score

N

Nik Barbour

not when you're talking about "buy-in scores". but the machines usually list these in a separate high score list, which could be done on the online leaderboards as well, to differentiate them =) OR there could just be a number behind the score to show how many credits were used to achieve this score, ex. "1" would mean a regular, non-buy-in score, anything above that would be a buy-in score

I have been wondering how the highscores would or should be handled if Farsight implemented our request for 1 Ball Physics changes, and 2 Rubber Physics changes.
Would it be fair for a highscore achieved on a "physics modified" table to be posted alongside a "non-modified" score? - I'm unsure personally.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I have been wondering how the highscores would or should be handled if Farsight implemented our request for 1 Ball Physics changes, and 2 Rubber Physics changes.
Would it be fair for a highscore achieved on a "physics modified" table to be posted alongside a "non-modified" score? - I'm unsure personally.

hmm... I think it should be "FarSight official tournament settings" VS "mod scores". in my opinion, anyone who would change settings in one or the other direction would do this to personally improve their game. thus: all modded scores can be lumped together in one category, right?

N

Nik Barbour

hmm... I think it should be "FarSight official tournament settings" VS "mod scores". in my opinion, anyone who would change settings in one or the other direction would do this to personally improve their game. thus: all modded scores can be lumped together in one category, right?

Sounds fair! - That would get my vote.

302mike

Mar 16, 2012
Not sure if mentioned yet, but I would like to see a tournament mode (3 ball only) added with separate leaderboards.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We also need the option to "save" camera (and any other available) settings on individual tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.