Request General Wish List Thread

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, it's supposed to be saved, but it's not. I think that's more of a bug, but definitely something that should be in there.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
added: ALL: free roaming camera ideally during pause mode in order to fully appreciate the table art and - more importantly! - to view every "nook and cranny" of the table to see where shots are made etc.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
added: ALL: free roaming camera ideally during pause mode in order to fully appreciate the table art and - more importantly! - to view every "nook and cranny" of the table to see where shots are made etc.

+1 on this, really should be in there for a game aimed at pinball enthusiasts and lovers of the original tables.

N

Nik Barbour

+1 Good suggestion.
Would like to have a proper look at some of the TOTAN targets that I just cant see when playing.

EbortionXsrk

Apr 4, 2012
Controller configuration would be nice. As I use a custom built arcade stick that I don't want to have to rewire every 5 minutes, it would be nice to have an ability to change what button/stick the plunger is set to. For now I'm stuck using a controller (yeah, poor me, haha) and I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on a more immersing and authentic experience.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would like to see the operator menu, or at least a settings menu to adjust the settings with the same settings that the real machines use. Various arcade compilations had options settings, so I don't see why Pinball Arcade can't.

Mar 11, 2012
Medieval Madness specific : The flippers should remain active while plunging, as on the real table you are able
to hold the left flipper when plunging to enter super skillshot mode.
(The ball completes the orbit around the castle upon plunging)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Medieval Madness specific : The flippers should remain active while plunging, as on the real table you are able
to hold the left flipper when plunging to enter super skillshot mode.
(The ball completes the orbit around the castle upon plunging)

That's not just specific to MM. On actual TotAN tables you can change the active tale with the flippers pre-plunge. There are actually lots of games where having access to the flipper controls before launching a ball would be useful. So yes, I also hope they add this capability.

Mar 11, 2012
That's not just specific to MM......

aha ! I see . I didn't know that about TOTAN , thanks for the info...
At the time I posted there was no MM section of the forum to post in and just thought I'd preface
what table my post was in relation to.
* Also need the flippers active when plunging for ATTACK FROM MARS when released *

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I think the flippers are already active pre-plunge in the current tables, as you CAN activate digital pinball on ToM! All you have to do is press the left flipper right after the plunge. The MK3 cheat codes can also be activated. But I'll add this to the list, just to be sure!

Mar 11, 2012
I think the flippers are already active pre-plunge in the current tables...........
To set up the super skillshot mode on MM you need to hold the left flipper WHILST plunging.
This is not possible at the moment as pressing any area of the screen will activate the auto plunger.

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would like to see a view of the plunger meter like on many other games rather than the view of the plunger itself. It's something on real tables and would make it a lot easier to judge plunger strength.

The meter is shown in this video of Microsoft Pinball Arcade, but many other pinball games have the meter shown rather than the plunger, as well.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
To set up the super skillshot mode on MM you need to hold the left flipper WHILST plunging.
This is not possible at the moment as pressing any area of the screen will activate the auto plunger.

yes, you are right! I hadn't tried MM yet and I simply thought that the way it was implemented on ToM would be the same on MM. sadly it isn't!! this should be filed as a bug definitely - but I'll leave it in the request thread as well, just to make sure that FarSight is reminded to implement it in ALL future tables that require it...

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
1. Better plunger cam, maybe at a higher angle (More cams?).
2. Button to hide mobile scores from the consoles leaderboards.
3. Some music options. (Maybe bring back the music & DJ from PHOF?) (Would really like pandora integration but probably not going to happen...)
4. Restart button or have a new game automatically restart after your game ends.
5. Pincab view for consoles. (Rotates screen 90 degrees & downview cam of the table.)
6. Generally more customization. (Ability to choose 3 or 5 balls, lighting, ect.)
7. Option to turn off multi-ball cam in the settings.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would like to see the original operator settings, but it doesn't matter to me if they are in a menu or on the DMD or dip switches like the real machines. I woldn't mind seeing a setting for incline, but that would probably be a pain to implement. I was surprised to see that the DOS versions of Eight Ball Deluxe (v. 2.0) and Royal Flush have the option to adjust the incline.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
This would be hard to program, but it'd be neat if there was a 'broken table' type mode. You could find out what some common issues on the tables are (a target breaks, sensors go out, flippers have less force), and reproduce them in game. It'd be a ton of work, but a fun handicap type play style.

Snatcher42

Apr 8, 2012
- ANDROID / IOS: "true" close/exit app option

- ANDROID: better data management for program and data: move between SD / USB / internal storage

- ALL: if playing offline, automatic submission of any unsubmitted scores the next time an internet connection is established

- ALL: free roaming camera ideally during pause mode in order to fully appreciate the table art and - more importantly! - to view every "nook and cranny" of the table to see where shots are made etc.

- ALL: pre-plunge flipper control for activating skill shots etc. (already works on ToM, but is kind of unintuitive, as it has to be done very quickly *after* the plunge, instead of before)

I second these! They're all, imo, really important!

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I have added all the new requests (after sorting out the ones that were already there ;-) ) and modified a few of the existing ones to more accurately reflect the nuances of some of the new ideas

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.