Request General Wish List Thread

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
This thread will attempt to collect the requests and wishes that have been made in the forum so far, as suggested by FarSight's Ryan:

ALL VERSIONS

- "true" close/exit game option

- saveable PER TABLE settings for camera angles etc.

- customizable camera settings and view-angles; especially for multiball: option to keep the camera locked during multiball

- customizable input keys / controls

- pre-plunge flipper control for activating skill shots etc. (already works on ToM, but is kind of unintuitive, as it has to be done very quickly *after* the plunge, instead of before)

- in-game plunger control for activating specials, such as the troll bombs on MM (this is kind of the "reverse" of the previous point)

- support for extra flipper / action buttons ex. for magna-save and other table-specific functions

- if playing offline, automatic submission of any unsubmitted scores the next time an internet connection is established

- better plunger cam or even a picture-in-picture plunger gauge, in order to accurately and reliably estimate plunger location for skill shots

- allow wizard goals to be achievable concurrently to the standard ones, as it is only logical to be able to reach all standard goals and continue with the wizard goals in one and the *same* game

- more physical ball sounds: dropping through ramps, hole eject clicks, hitting the glass when jumping up, etc.

- sound balance options: adjustable balance between table sounds, table music and physical sounds

- Customizable DMD position and sizing; also: more realistic look and feel of DMD

- "coin door" adjustments / dip switch mode for settings and audits

- credit tracking and buy-in feature: ability to use credits earned within a game to spend on buy-ins for that particular game (no carrying over to other games / tables)

- backglass animation (ex. the spinning backglass animation on Black Hole or Scared Stiff); including attract mode flashing lights on the backglass

- fullscreen, rotated portrait view on a single screen with custom DMD placement

- different game modes like in The Williams Collection: e.g. Williams Challenge, Online / Offline Tournament Modes, option to set up offline tournaments for up to 4 players and up to "x" amount of tables

- ball physics adjustments

- rubber physics adjustments

- table physics adjustments, such as incline

- selectable ball skins

- free roaming camera ideally during pause mode in order to fully appreciate the table art and, more importantly!, to view every "nook and cranny" of the table to see where shots are made etc.

- more scoreboard filters: especially ones to filter out other platforms' scores, as the game does play differently enough on each device to justify this

- real-time replay feature to revisit some of the best / worst moments of a game

- table / game statistics feature, ex.:

--total plays
--total game time
--average time
--score per minute
--times wizard mode completed
--number of tilts
--longest game without loosing a ball
--shots with left flipper
--shots with right flipper
--number of skillshots

- split screen head-to-head multiplayer mode

- musical loops in menus and tutorials are too short and somewhat irritating (eg. Black Hole!!!): longer and more varied music would be appreciated

- options for playing custom background music

- 5.1 surround sound

- ability to insert coins for authentic look & feel

- vibration support for haptic feedback on all devices where possible

- high resolution texture pack

- dynamic lighting or day/night table mods (optional for devices that can handle it)

- more table extras / historical background material:

-- screenshots of the actual table
-- specs (similar to http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=307)
-- credits list (designers, artists, etc.)
-- interviews with designers

- optional overlay in addition to DMD to show score and number of balls left, for all the time the DMD isn't showing those things; (wasn't there a number of balls overlay in PhoF?)

- option for higher/lower quality sound samples

- "virtual arcade mode": being able to walk to a table to play it while there are people playing arcade games in the background

- arcade ambient noises

- Love Meter and Xoltan machines in the virtual arcade =)

PORTABLE VERSIONS

- swipe nudging on touch devices

- customizable touch area for flipper VS nudge area on touch devices

- ANDROID: removal of the market filters so the app can be seen in the official market by phones running custom roms

- ANDROID: better data management for program and data: move between SD / USB / internal storage

- ANDROID: bumper and sling shot animations, so the physical movement of both of these parts is actually visible

- [DONE?] IPAD 3: native ipad 3 support

PC VERSION

- fullscreen cab view for cabinets with the option to put the backglass / dmd on separate screens

- table editor with a model importer for custom creations

This first post is updated regularly with requests made in this thread and elsewhere on the forum!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Option to keep the camera from changing during multiball if you're using the "locked" camera setting!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Would also be nice to have selectable ball skins. Also don't forget the close/exit app option for iOS and Android users.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Further to jeffs request I also want to stop multiball camera when using scrolling view, not just for locked view users, I hate it too!.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Further to jeffs request I also want to stop multiball camera when using scrolling view, not just for locked view users, I hate it too!.

The only thing is that scrolling would have to be locked for multiball since the camera can't follow more than one ball at a time. You would still get to keep your selected camera view though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Gord, could you please "sticky" this thread. I would like FarSight to have easy access to this thread and not have to dig for it later. It'll also promote other members to share their ideas as well.

N

Nik Barbour

Android apk download webpage for people filtered by the market who are using custom roms.
Or removal of the market filters so the app can be seen.
Please.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Would like to be able to use extra credits earned for "buy-in". How else are we gonna top the "buy-in" scores on tables that have them?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The only thing is that scrolling would have to be locked for multiball since the camera can't follow more than one ball at a time. You would still get to keep your selected camera view though.

Yep, thats what I want, just leave the camera down the bottom until all the extra balls have drained ( usually about 3 seconds! ).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I don't know if this falls under customizable camera settings, but we need more angle view options...the option for portrait view is a must for phones and other handheld devices.

N

Nik Barbour

Just remembered!
Android - investigate moving the table data from the Internal memory of some phones, and allow it to be moved to the SD Card!

Also (just to be picky), goforthewall - under the Number 1 post (where you accumulate all the comments) On the Android apk download webpage request comment - its remove filters so it can be seen in the official market by phones running custom roms (Sorry to be picky mate!)
Thanks!

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Just remembered!
Android - investigate moving the table data from the Internal memory of some phones, and allow it to be moved to the SD Card!

Also (just to be picky), goforthewall - under the Number 1 post (where you accumulate all the comments) On the Android apk download webpage request comment - its remove filters so it can be seen in the official market by phones running custom roms (Sorry to be picky mate!)
Thanks!

yup, you're right. amended this in first post.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Id like to see a fullscreen view for cabinets for the pc version with the option to put the backglass on a separate screen.
Id also like to see an editor with a model importer for the pc version so we can create our own tables

for the pc version id also like to see dynamic lighting
it would be nice to have dynamic lighting on all versions although i know this would limit the amount of devices it.could be used on

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
it would be nice to have dynamic lighting on all versions although i know this would limit the amount of devices it.could be used on

I wouldn't mind seeing it as an option you can turn on or off, like some PC programs have. Another thing I would like to see is an option for higher/lower quality sound samples. Not only would the latter help with more demanding tables, it can also help lower the file size for tablet, phone, and iOS users.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Some of these were mentioned on the Facebook page, but I thought I'd mention them for this list as well.

When more tables are added, maybe around a total of 10, I'd like to see the different modes added that were in The Williams Collection. Something like the Williams Challenge, which makes you play each table. Or the option to set up offline tournaments for up to 4 players and up to "x" amount of tables.

For console and PC/Mac versions, I'd like to see an arcade option along with a quick play menu. I liked being able to walk to a table to play it while there were people playing arcade games in the background. Also, if they have arcade ambient noises again, a longer loop would be nice, plus make use of 5.1 surround. I know this paragraph is mostly presentation, but it really added to the fun for me when playing the WC.

I'd also like to see the Love Meter and Xoltan machine included at some point. Neat side distractions.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I would also like to see the backglass animation (if applicable) when the camera does it's fly over of the pinball machine before you press start to play (ex. the spinning backglass animation on Black Hole). This includes attraction mode flashing lights on the backglass as well.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Does anyone know. Are they using the real roms ?
If they are which i think they do as i know Steve ellenof from the pinmame development team helped on the Williams collection with the Rom emulation.
If they do they must have a hard coded version of pinmame controlling the table.
If that's the case all the backglass and general illumination stuff would be easy to add as that is how we do it in visual pinball.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Does anyone know. Are they using the real roms ?
If they are which i think they do as i know Steve ellenof from the pinmame development team helped on the Williams collection with the Rom emulation.
If they do they must have a hard coded version of pinmame controlling the table.
If that's the case all the backglass and general illumination stuff would be easy to add as that is how we do it in visual pinball.

Yes, FarSight stated they are using full rom emulation, unlike in the past with the PHOF collections. I agree with you, since they use full rom emulation, it shouldn't be much of a problem implementing the backglass animation and illumination.

Members online

Members online