Request General Wish List Thread

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
stern's lightning. seems like a cool old table without licensing issues tpa could do. Trap, you ever play one? any music license issues? sry, tried to get ipdb link but it wanted to give me a long page filled with other tables.

I don't believe I have. That layout though, even the center score, looks a LOT like Medusa minus the pop bumpers.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Lightning is completely unlicensed, it doesn't have music.

I think Meteor, Ali and Nugent are the only licensed Stern Electronics games.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Lightning is completely unlicensed, it doesn't have music.

I think Meteor, Ali and Nugent are the only licensed Stern Electronics games.
My hope is that any license attached to Meteor is nominal since the connection is by name only.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
My hope is that any license attached to Meteor is nominal since the connection is by name only.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It isn't the monetary amount, it is who to contact. I posted elsewhere about this, and I think it would be a good idea if Farsight decided to take some of the old licensed tables and re-theme them. You know, Stern is already doing that... and what is good for the goose...

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I wonder if people would be more apt to start buying tables if Farsight:

1. Just pumped out more tables on their current platform
  2. Re-themed some of the older licensed tables
  3. Remade their game to be more competetive, while releasing tables every few months
    • Reskin the UI, and make it competitive with FX3
    • Add a practice mode for endless play for newbs and moonlighters
    • Add a real-world physics mode, and call it Expert or Hard, comparable to Tournament on fx3

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
FarSight seems to have enough other work they can earn money with. TPA doesn't seem to be their primary source of income anymore (I can only guess it was during the last few years) and it doesn't seem to hurt them.

Members online

Members online