Request General Wish List Thread

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
TABLE WISH LIST
1. Comet (1985): It may be an underrated and underappreciated table today, but it is still popular with collectors and veteran pinball wizards, and I say it deserves a spot with it's sequels (Cyclone and Hurricane). Playing these tables only make me want to play it even more. This was the very pinball machine to revolutionize the feature of a 1-million shot, and it was named after a popular ride at Chicago's now-closed Riverview Park. So many veteran pinball wizards and collectors are anxious to see it happen. The backglass and other art is just too colorful to ignore. I also adore the retro sound effects and music on this one-of-a-kind charm. If Farsight Studios can include Cyclone and Hurricane into the mix, then why not Comet? 8,100 units of this tables were produced.

2. Flash (1979): Here is another table named after a ride from Riverview Park--The Silver Flash. It was the first pinball machine to utilize flash lamps, the first one to use background sound, and the first pinball machine created by Steve Ritchie after leaving Atari. It is still Ritchie's biggest seller even today after breaking the factory production record! My grandfather used to own this machine but after one of the flippers became sticky he sold it to somebody else. I miss that pinball machine. 19,505 units of this table were produced.

3. The Wizard of Oz (2013): This is so far the only pinball machine I know to have a screen in place of a backglass and dot-matrix display. The playfield features the colorful and vibrant environment of the land of Oz. It is gorgeous with its display of lights as well. The amount of units produced is unknown.

4. Tales from the Crypt (1993): I don't know what to say about this one. It has a great spooky soundtrack while the game is active. Other details about this pinball machine are beyond my knowledge, but I do remember the first time I played was at a bus pit stop while on the way down to Florida from Michigan. 4,500 units of this table were produced.

5. Revenge from Mars (1999): This was the last commercially successful pinball table by Williams before they left the pinball division after the financially disaster of the pinball table based on Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. Revenge from Mars is a cutting-edge pinball machine that features 3D effects on the playfield. 6,878 units of this table were produced.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
3. The Wizard of Oz (2013): This is so far the only pinball machine I know to have a screen ...

5. Revenge from Mars (1999)

:)

Anyway, +1 for Revenge from Mars. Highly underrated and forgotten about these days, and the emulation would be a challenge, but it would be perfectly worthy of TPA, it's easily the best unlicensed Williams game remaining.

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
:)

Anyway, +1 for Revenge from Mars. Highly underrated and forgotten about these days, and the emulation would be a challenge, but it would be perfectly worthy of TPA, it's easily the best unlicensed Williams game remaining.

Thank you for not ranting about Comet, at least. Whenever somebody starts a thread or mention involving Comet, several users take it for granted about the idea of it being added to the roster (especially by other new and young players)!

Last edited:

IcedCornholio

May 29, 2013
Of course, I have to ask for Comet for the three billionth time. I don't understand why this great one hasn't been added. There should be a rule that all Williams pinball games should be added first :).

I'd also like my games on PS4 to carry over to Steam and iOS. I can only imagine the money Farsight has made off me - $30 X 7 seasons X 4 platforms + Kickstarter. :)

I'd also like my PA free games to carry over to PA paid for that one mistake I made -- I have to download both apps on iOS...lol

Cargawar

Apr 17, 2017
The only reason I decided to keep playing and spend a fortune on tables by now, is that I'm really really REALLY hoping that the developers finally get green light on one of the KISS pinball machines.
Whether it be the original one or the modern day one, either one would make it all worthwhile. Probably the best machines I ever played.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like the new Kiss pin too, as long as it is set up correctly and Gene doesn't spit balls down the middle on you.
The old Bally Kiss is more of a nostalgia thing for me. I played it mostly for the theme, art & backglass. The gameplay wasn't anything special imo.

Last edited:

Leeg

Apr 15, 2017
I would like to have the these machines:

Street fighter 2
Freddy: A nightmare on elm street
Star Trek 25th anniversary edition

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
+1 for Bally Playboy.....

So many licensed late 70's/ Early 80's SS tables:

Evel Knevel
Star Trek
Harlem Globetrotters
$6,000,000 Man (was this the first 6-player pin?)
Dolly Parton
Power Play
Rolling Stones
Kiss
Ted Nugent

P.S. Though it is an easy game, would anyone like to see Lost World come to TPA? It wouldn't be the first.....

Billy

Jun 7, 2018
I've also made a thread on this in the Switch subforum but it would be great if the in-game preset high scores could be wiped, so people can just have a top five high score for themselves and friends instead of needing to fight against those preset top fives which are just too high for casual one-time players.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
stern's lightning. seems like a cool old table without licensing issues tpa could do. Trap, you ever play one? any music license issues? sry, tried to get ipdb link but it wanted to give me a long page filled with other tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.