new layout/update

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm not all negative on the new UI. I like the big fat table icons. It's nice to have a bit of new music, because the other tune got old. I like the sorting options.
But:
- I would still like a button or even direct display on the home page for my HOF score and access to the leaderboards.
- Indy500 plays well, but posting a good score doesn't net any HOF points (bug?)
- I also would like to see some saved settings when you change something
- Some routes to tables and options could conceivably be shorter and require less clicks/touches

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Pezpunk,
Still in business? :) Nice to hear from you, been awhile?
HOF points are displayed per table when you click on the big icon and get the "Start option". And the HOF leaderboards are accessible in the usual way by going to the leaderboards per table and scroll back (that's new and appreciated) from TAF or scroll froward from Xenon. I would very much like to get a quick overview on the home page as I already stated.
Cheers!

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Hi Pezpunk,
Still in business? :) Nice to hear from you, been awhile?
HOF points are displayed per table when you click on the big icon and get the "Start option". And the HOF leaderboards are accessible in the usual way by going to the leaderboards per table and scroll back (that's new and appreciated) from TAF or scroll froward from Xenon. I would very much like to get a quick overview on the home page as I already stated.
Cheers!

Hello! Yeah I'm still around. :)

ok, so a tournament just started, and I can't for the life of me find the overall tournament standings. I found the high scores for each game, but that's it.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Hello! Yeah I'm still around. :)

ok, so a tournament just started, and I can't for the life of me find the overall tournament standings. I found the high scores for each game, but that's it.

pezpunk,

I can only find them at this link. They are as up to the minute as when they were accessable in game, which is good.

http://pinballarcade.com/Tournaments/

I could be missing them in the game too, but like you, I could not find them there.

Master Magician

Feb 14, 2013
OK I gave the new format a very long chance.
It fat, loud, obnoxious and non-user friendly.
- The individual icons are too small. It takes too long to find your pinball of choice. Not in the least because...
- Why is the main page clogged with all the games I HAVENT bought? Sure I get you want to advertise all the other tables, but fact is that if I havent bought them by now, I'm not going to. I havent bought Dr. Dude. I never will buy Dr. Dude. You cant make me buy Dr Dude.
- All the games I have bought are lost in a sea of tiny icons. Its a lot harder to pick a game I want. The fun of browsing has been removed, as most of the effort is in mentally removing all the locked games. The browsing spinner you had in the old format was perfect. Elegant and visually interesting.

This new format is cutting down on the amount of time I spend playing Pinball. Less time playing means less time browsing new games you're trying to pressure me to buy. Thats a downward spiral...

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I came here purely to ask where the HOF points have gone, but it seems slam23 has found them.

On some tables I'm still seeing 0 points though (the new one, Indy500, for example) even though I've played a handful of games on it.

New Coke haha, I remember that. What a disaster. Why fix something that just ain't broken?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I came here purely to ask where the HOF points have gone, but it seems slam23 has found them.

On some tables I'm still seeing 0 points though (the new one, Indy500, for example) even though I've played a handful of games on it.

New Coke haha, I remember that. What a disaster. Why fix something that just ain't broken?

And now that I found them I also would very much like to get some more HOF points, because Indy500 (and all the other tables) sure ain't giving out any.... :) FlippyFloppy has promised that they are working on it.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The sorting option of the new UI (which many find the only positive thing about it) is totally worthless. Many tiny bubbles being in a different order - I still have to scroll my ass off to find the right table. Just a different kind of bubble madness. No real improvement here.
Why not hide all the other manufacturers tables if I select Williams?
Why not make a separation line that shows the manufacturer name or the decade of production...

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
The sorting option of the new UI (which many find the only positive thing about it) is totally worthless. Many tiny bubbles being in a different order - I still have to scroll my ass off to find the right table. Just a different kind of bubble madness. No real improvement here.
Why not hide all the other manufacturers tables if I select Williams?
Why not make a separation line that shows the manufacturer name or the decade of production...

Exactly. I mentioned that this will not fix the fact you still have to do tons of scrolling unlike with a seek bar that takes you from A to Z as fast as you can move.

One unfortunate thing about the sorting scheme is the lack of breaks and visual framework that shows clear compartmentalization.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.