Thoughts on the new iOS interface?

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Ummmmm, I can't seem to open the app now, tried it out last night but can't get into it now, it just says waiting on the app icon with no way off accessing it

Last edited:

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Not at all happy with this, I had to delete app then reinstall, click restore purchases does nothing, I've had to individually restore all 70+ tables and still some of them I've purchased are locked

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
[MENTION=457]Carpy[/MENTION]
I believe you need to log out and log in to the app. Then restore tables.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I wish FarSight would have put multiple tracks from Pinball Hall of Fame for the menu music as well as some new ones. Oh well.

Yeah, I never understood why FS never re-used these great tunes (composed by Chris Kline for FS):

2'34" part always gives me chills.

The real "Pinball Wizard" song is a nice touch though.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Lots and lots of thoughts on the new ui. Everything has pretty much been covered. One thing though, some buttons are so tiny. I need it to be spelled out to me where I need to put my finger (story of my life). I like that the goals actually say what the goals are while being completed, but now It's drained, so thanks? Yet another thing. Now my goals are wiped out again? I'm not like all of you with your super-compute upload/download links which have the ability to save goals. I literally just got the Genie 3 mil, AGAIN, and it's gone AGIAN!

A couple of positive notes. The 'random table' option is really great to have. I had another positive, but I forgot because I'm having nightmares about Genie

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I like the new look and feel of the app, but for the life of me I can't find what goals I have completed.

When I look at 'em in game, I just see instructions on how to achieve em.
Sure I guess I could get a pencil and write em down as they are achieved, but damn.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
The ball launch button is drastically smaller and adversely affects the game play on Harley Davidson.
Is this the correct forum to report bugs and glitches on iOS?
I'm new to TPA and even newer to the Pinball Arcade Fans forum, so any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
I can't find what goals I have completed.

When I look at 'em in game, I just see instructions on how to achieve em.
Sure I guess I could get a pencil and write em down as they are achieved, but damn.

Great point Hugh, I just noticed this as well!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The ball launch button is drastically smaller and adversely affects the game play on Harley Davidson.
Is this the correct forum to report bugs and glitches on iOS?
I'm new to TPA and even newer to the Pinball Arcade Fans forum, so any advice is much appreciated.

It's the correct forum and we'll be increasing the size of the special buttons, some menus buttons, and the camera button as well as increasing the touch zones for the initial entry buttons.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
It's the correct forum and we'll be increasing the size of the special buttons, some menus buttons, and the camera button as well as increasing the touch zones for the initial entry buttons.

Good to hear.
I just got kicked from dr.Dude twice in a row(consecutive games with restart in between). Is this crashing a known issue? Happened 4 or 5 times to me now.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Good to hear.
I just got kicked from dr.Dude twice in a row(consecutive games with restart in between). Is this crashing a known issue? Happened 4 or 5 times to me now.

It has been reported and were actively working on resolving the issue.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I'm trying to buy the season 5 table pack and it's giving me an error: cannot establish a network connection

I've logged out and back in with no luck.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
How in gods name do you release something so horribly unusable and ugly as an update...seriously, I'm embarrassed for you guys. For shame.

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
I thought it was fine the way it was, they just needed to ease the scrolling of the menus, now, even though I purchased all the Pro versions of ALL the tables, some are not Pro and Kickstarters are locked, kinda messed up thing to happen for a loyal supporter, but I still have to email them, as they usually are good about making things right.

Update: Just realized that if you sign out and then sign back in everything is good, didn't realize that Pro versions were not available for certain tables. Do not restore purchases, as they obviously haven't fully audited purchase records.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The biggest problem I have is determining what I own and what I don't... the store shows every table, which is nice, but it would be really nice if it showed me which I actually own...

karussellbremser

Aug 20, 2015
When I try to download the now available Season Five Table Pack, I consistently get the error "Error: cannot establish a network connection." Anyone else getting this?

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
How in gods name do you release something so horribly unusable and ugly as an update...seriously, I'm embarrassed for you guys. For shame.

We are being pretty nice in here but reality is that it is pretty damn ugly. I sort of got used to it now but first impressions are telling.
Optimistic that it will improve though. Lots of good changes in the UI functionality imo. Just doesn't look good.....yet

Last edited:

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
The only issue with the new UI that annoys me:

Forgive me if the following bug (?) was already reported... Difficult to keep track of all the threads/comments concerning the new UI.

On TZ, Whirlwind and Taxi, I beat my high scores. Entered my initials, and the screen froze each time, forcing me to close the app and then reopen it. Once returning to the given tables, the higher scores were absent.

To add insult to injury, its RARE for me to beat one of my high scores every couple of months, but 3 high scores in a couple of days is unheard of :(

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Where is "download owned," "update" button for a table?

I really prefer the old interface... except "random" button :(

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.