TPA Tables You've Played For Real

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Played Twilight Zone for the first time. That table feels much larger in the real world than on TPA. Real funny oddity, I think I beat my top score in TPA for TZ on the real table, which seems a bit odd. Only other table I've done that with is Centaur.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Recently went to an arcade that opened an hour away from me called Eau Claire Arcade and Games. They had about 20ish arcade machines and 9 pinball tables, paid $15 for free to play all day, tried out Who Dunnit, Hurricane, Terminator 3, Family Guy, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Medieval Madness, KISS(Stern), Batman '66, and AC/DC. They must have had Rescue 911 at one time, seen it in some pics on their Facebook page but wasn't there when I visited. Forgot I seen a Super Mario Bros. table there as well.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Fun House
Monster Bash
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Space Shuttle
Whirlwind
Terminator 2
Black Knight 2000
High Speed
Junk Yard
Lights Camera Action
Phantom of the Opera
The Addams Family
Cyclone
Xenon
F-14 Tomcat
Judge Dredd
Eight Ball Deluxe
Mustang
Wipeout

Striker

May 26, 2017
Season 1:
Black Hole (as a kid!)
Medieval Madness
Bride of Pinbot
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse
Black Knight
Taxi
Elvira
Twilight Zone (and I sucked at it in real life, too)
Attack from Mars

Season 2:
Firepower (local 7/11 when I was a kid. This pin and a cherry slurpee were a day of pure bliss.)
Space Shuttle
Pinbot
Whirlwind
T2
Haunted House

Season 3:
High Speed - one of our local arcades loved Steve Ritchie designs.
Diner

Season 4:
Earthshaker
The Addams Family
Cyclone
Xenon
Red & Ted's Road Show

Season 5:
The Getaway: High Speed II
F-14 Tomcat
Fireball (at a Taco Bueno across the street from my high school)

Season 6:
Eight Ball Deluxe (As a kid. I remember one of our local arcades had four standing next to one another.)
Doctor Who

Season 7:
World Cup Soccer 94
Sorcerer

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I've never played a pinball machine in real life. I've earned all available trophies on every single Zen Pinball table, and am working on earning every single Wizard Goal on all Pinball Arcade tables, but never touched a physical one. I wonder if I would be able to just walk up to one of them and play a decent game, perhaps reaching a wizard goal or two, or if I would completely suck at it. I'm sure nudging would be less pronounced (if it's even allowed).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've never played a pinball machine in real life. I've earned all available trophies on every single Zen Pinball table, and am working on earning every single Wizard Goal on all Pinball Arcade tables, but never touched a physical one. I wonder if I would be able to just walk up to one of them and play a decent game, perhaps reaching a wizard goal or two, or if I would completely suck at it. I'm sure nudging would be less pronounced (if it's even allowed).

I’ll put it to you this way; you’ll know what to expect as far as ball behavior, you’ll understand the rules and what you are supposed to do, but you’re also going to learn what it truly means for the ball to be wild. You’re gonna see how real rubber behaves, how table imperfections affect everything, what weak flippers are like.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
It is roughly the difference between cycling on a stationary bike verses a real bike.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
They added cactus canyon to the silverball pinball museum in asbury park NJ if anyone was trying to find one to play. They made under 1000 of those so its sort of rare, but not the rarest. Ive actually never come across one so im trying to plan a trip pretty soon. I have family in jersey so ill just lump a visit in. Ive been to the silverball many times before its a great place 100 tables mostly old EMs and 20ish moderns. All machines are set to free $15 gets you a 6 hour pass $25 gets you a full day $50 gets you a month memebership (but you have to pay for 3 months) http://silverballmuseum.com/asbury-park/

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I’ll put it to you this way; you’ll know what to expect as far as ball behavior, you’ll understand the rules and what you are supposed to do, but you’re also going to learn what it truly means for the ball to be wild. You’re gonna see how real rubber behaves, how table imperfections affect everything, what weak flippers are like.
That's a pretty good description. I love pinball Sims, but pinball in real life is vastly different.

For me a big difference is in how I'll lightly nudge a table in real life, and a big nudge will warrant a tilt warning.

Having not played for years, I was surprised at how large the actual ball is for some reason. Still can't beat a real table. I've always preferred pinball to video games.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
They added cactus canyon to the silverball pinball museum in asbury park NJ if anyone was trying to find one to play. They made under 1000 of those so its sort of rare, but not the rarest. Ive actually never come across one so im trying to plan a trip pretty soon. I have family in jersey so ill just lump a visit in. Ive been to the silverball many times before its a great place 100 tables mostly old EMs and 20ish moderns. All machines are set to free $15 gets you a 6 hour pass $25 gets you a full day $50 gets you a month memebership (but you have to pay for 3 months) http://silverballmuseum.com/asbury-park/
Been there, spent about 10 hours there one day. Going back this summer hopefully for at least one day.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Fun House
Monster Bash
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Space Shuttle
Whirlwind
Terminator 2
Black Knight 2000
High Speed
Junk Yard
Lights Camera Action
Phantom of the Opera
The Addams Family
Cyclone
Xenon
F-14 Tomcat
Judge Dredd
Eight Ball Deluxe
Mustang
Wipeout
I went to a couple arcades within the last year and can add a few more tables to the list.

AC/DC
Star Trek (2013)
Ghostbusters
Hurricane
Harley Davidson
Teed Off
Pin*Bot

AnimeDude892

Dec 27, 2016
Here's my updated list as of September 7, 2020.

Season 1 complete.

Season 2:
All except:
Central Park
Goin' Nuts
Victory
Class of 1812

Season 3:
All except:
Lights...Camera...Action!

Season 4 complete.

Season 5:
All except:
El Dorado EM
Last Action Hero

Season 6:
All except:
Centigrade 37
Al's Garage Band Goes On a World Tour
Cactus Jacks

Season 7:
All except:
Wipeout
Spanish Eyes
Wild Card
Pistol Poker

Stern Pinball Arcade:
All except:
Last Action Hero
Whoa Nellie!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
played em all... exept goin nuts, garadge band, & spanish eyes. didnt technically play whoa nellie but have played the paps version

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.