First Impressions...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I actually like the new UI, if it all worked as designed. All the bugs just kill it.

As for Indy 500, it's even better than I thought. Good rules, nice traditional layout, excellent animations, good callouts, just super fun all the way around.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
One great thing about Indy 500 that I didn't mention is that there's always tons to do. You can always go for Light-Ups or Bonus X (if you're not at 8X), both of which are very valuable.

I've had one problem, which has happened twice. I got two balls stuck in the same chamber of the ball lock, and this prevented either from coming out. They both came out when I tilted though, so at least it just killed the ball, and not the entire game. This is probably Farsight's bug and not the ROM's. There is a similar problem on CV when two balls get into, or close to, the same Juggler lock.

I've played I500 a lot more, got 13B, and I still think it's better than any Season 5 table, and a tremendous start to Season 6. Farsight was probably very excited when they secured the license for this one.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
When the ball gets stuck in the lock just wait a bit for the machine to cycle and it will spit it out

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've had one problem, which has happened twice. I got two balls stuck in the same chamber of the ball lock, and this prevented either from coming out. They both came out when I tilted though, so at least it just killed the ball, and not the entire game. This is probably Farsight's bug and not the ROM's.

I can confirm this bug.

When the ball gets stuck in the lock just wait a bit for the machine to cycle and it will spit it out

Doesn't worked for me. How many minutes to wait? I got this multiple times and the only solution is to tilt the ball.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I can confirm this bug.

Doesn't worked for me. How many minutes to wait? I got this multiple times and the only solution is to tilt the ball.

Sit there and don't use the flippers. After a ball search the turbo will stop spinning and then spit them out. Doesn't work everytime though.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Sit there and don't use the flippers. After a ball search the turbo will stop spinning and then spit them out. Doesn't work everytime though.

Doesn't take too long for table to cycle (ball search) - maybe 15 seconds on iOS version. It cleared the ball for me ever time for me so far _but I was pretty mad when I lost a playfield multiplier count down because of it...

invitro

May 4, 2012
Some more quick things on this wonderful table. When you start the video mode, the DMD shows the possible awards: 1, 2, 5, 10, EB. When I had 4 EB and started it, the EB award was missing! I haven't seen this behavior in other games. It's a tiny thing but it shows real care. My best on video mode is "you avoided 23 obstacles," but I usually don't try very hard and avoid about 3 obstacles. I haven't seen EB, and I don't think I've seen 10.

I've seen these words for the Wrench targets: INDY, CAR(S), FAS(T), LAP(S), RA(CE), TIR(E), OVA(L). The letters in parens I haven't seen but am guessing are there. I haven't seen DOHO or COW (spoilers: highlight to view); those are mentioned on the Easter Eggs page.

More easter eggs: the DOHO in the Video Mode crash animation happens all the time. The Secret Skill Shot of shooting the R ramp (instead of the L one), which starts Go for the Pole, does work. I may have gotten the 5 launch buttons to work one or two times, in Dueling Drivers and Go for the Pole. I haven't tried the Pit Cow, or entering MOO for initials. (Yes I mentioned all that mainly because I wanted to whiteout a bunch of words. ;))

My fastest Pit Stop is 3.1 seconds, and my highest Bonus is 1731M.

invitro

May 4, 2012
[MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION]: so how do you like this table? Also: you didn't break 100B and have it not count, did you? Just curious.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Some more quick things on this wonderful table. When you start the video mode, the DMD shows the possible awards: 1, 2, 5, 10, EB. When I had 4 EB and started it, the EB award was missing! I haven't seen this behavior in other games. It's a tiny thing but it shows real care. My best on video mode is "you avoided 23 obstacles," but I usually don't try very hard and avoid about 3 obstacles. I haven't seen EB, and I don't think I've seen 10.

I've seen these words for the Wrench targets: INDY, CAR(S), FAS(T), LAP(S), RA(CE), TIR(E), OVA(L). The letters in parens I haven't seen but am guessing are there. I haven't seen DOHO or COW (spoilers: highlight to view); those are mentioned on the Easter Eggs page.

More easter eggs: the DOHO in the Video Mode crash animation happens all the time. The Secret Skill Shot of shooting the R ramp (instead of the L one), which starts Go for the Pole, does work. I may have gotten the 5 launch buttons to work one or two times, in Dueling Drivers and Go for the Pole. I haven't tried the Pit Cow, or entering MOO for initials. (Yes I mentioned all that mainly because I wanted to whiteout a bunch of words. ;))

My fastest Pit Stop is 3.1 seconds, and my highest Bonus is 1731M.

I've had a 3.0s pit-stop. (Really would be great it FS could implement table state saves.)

One of the words you missed is indeed DOHO.

I've seen an EB in the video mode, but it was in an impossible-to-reach spot.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey gang, let's not infect every thread with UI talk. It's not going back, no matter how much you whine, nor will it get a sudden new facelift. So just stop already and keep your constructive criticisms to the proper threads.

The Turbo Boost capture seems very finicky. I've had many times where the balls have gotten stuck, but only one time where waiting it out for the ball search mode didn't work. I've been told the actual table has similar issues, but it's never occurred for me the few times I've played, while in TPA it happens probably every other game.

The ball diverter on the left habitrail is also a source of issue. In beta balls were getting stuck there all the time. That issue has been fixed, but I've still managed to get some stuck as I watch the hurry up counter for a mode tick away.

Maybe some of our more thorough and consistent shooters can identify the exact set of circumstances that cause this so further tweaks can be made to correct it?

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
A noteworthy bug I've noticed (at least in the PC version) is that the Pit Stop diverter, as often as not, doesn't work properly during the start of Pit Multiball. It's supposed to release the ball currently locked back into play if the active ball goes into the Speedway kicker, but either the diverter doesn't disengage long enough, or the collision detection is off, because the original ball often just jumps back into the lock, which means both balls get stuck until the Pit times out.

At least this isn't in the realm of game-breaker since, in some players' opinion (and certainly mine), it's best just to let it time out anyway, but it can be a real buzzkill for those trying to go for a fast Pit time (especially since the ball is supposed to release to the left flipper for another shot at the ramp).

Edit: And as I type, shutyertrap beats me to it. Go figure.

Also, speaking of the UI, is the table graphic for TX showing up on this game's screen for anyone else?

Screenshot: https://s32.postimg.org/6v0rccct1/20160705121317_1.jpg (too big to post directly)

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Actually getting both balls stuck in the Pit Stop diverter can be used to your advantage.

After 25s the Pit Stop times out and 2-ball multiballs begins, both balls are released, and only one jackpot is lit, at the left loop. That makes racking up jackpots much quicker since the left loop is constantly lit, you don't have to collect the other lit jackpots to relight them all. As an added bonus, the left loop will get lit for Pass as well so you can potentially rack up some decent points and pass a bunch of cars.

The safest but most boring way to rack up a score is Turbo Boost Multiball (the Speedway award, not regular multiball). Trap one ball on the left flipper, and just cycle left ramp->Turbo with the other over and over, pretty quickly it will max out to 90M per shot but that's better than a Super Jackpot and much easier and quicker to do!

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
@Tarek Oberdieck: so how do you like this table? Also: you didn't break 100B and have it not count, did you? Just curious.
The table is fun for a few hours.

I guess it's a little easy... I see Tarek already has a 99.995B game.

That's the point. It's way too easy. I finished the game after 6/7 hours with ball 1 and four EB's stacked. That's enough for a provisional first place. Beat me and I will play again... :p I guess there's no 100B rollover problem.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Some more quick things on this wonderful table. When you start the video mode, the DMD shows the possible awards: 1, 2, 5, 10, EB. When I had 4 EB and started it, the EB award was missing!

The maximum EB count on any Bally/Williams table is 4. I had the game light an EB by a Speedway award, but it didn't light at the center hole.

So yeah, that might be why.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The maximum EB count on any Bally/Williams table is 4. I had the game light an EB by a Speedway award, but it didn't light at the center hole.

So yeah, that might be why.

I don't have the pro version so I can't access the OP settings -but can't you set max EB there?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Considering the desert that was the last 10 TPA tables, I5 is an oasis.

How dare you!

Judge Dredd and The Getaway!?

I always have fun playing LAH, too..

Indy 500 is awesome, though. I've played it a few times IRL, just recently, in fact. Getting 3B is HARD, though. I definitely hit posts a lot more than I'd like and tend to drain trying to make the 3rd ramp jackpot.

What are the secrets to monster scores on this table? Just reliable ramp shots? I'm having trouble being consistent. So far 1.2B is my HS, which is better than I ever did on the real table.

EDIT: lol, just read the above posts about the game being to easy. Guess I just suck at pinball!

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Don't be too hard on yourself Hothamboy. I have thought this a zillion times and then after keeping hard at it I "got" a table in the end and could score some decent points. Champion Pub comes to mind, but also Monster Bash. On some tables I did have to get over some invisible hump. VikingErik summed it up best: it's disciplined playing until you get more EB's than losing balls :)

Members online

Members online