First Impressions...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Man. I haven't had this much fun since High Speed II. Great call-outs. Great sound fx. Cool toys. Fun rule set. Outlanes a little hungry, so marathons are tempered.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's a nice game, and in a vacuum I'd say it's above average.

But now I'm reminded what it was that I didn't like as much about it - it's just not Corvette...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's a nice game, and in a vacuum I'd say it's above average.

But now I'm reminded what it was that I didn't like as much about it - it's just not Corvette...

Considering the desert that was the last 10 TPA tables, I5 is an oasis.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great table plus the 3 new sports channels I got yesterday on Foxtel,Manchester United TV,Chelsea TV and Liverpool TV,i`m having a bloody great weekend !!! another 11 hours and the big boys do battle in the EUROS,Germany vs Italy,i fancy Italy !!! :cool:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I do like your spirit [MENTION=2636]wolfson[/MENTION], your upbeat posts always make my day!

Last edited:

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
Fun table. Not a ton of flow but rules and scoring seem well thought out. Feels to me like a higher than usual percentage of shots don't hit anything useful---I had more bricking than normal on my first two attempts.

I think game times will be huge again though. I lost count of EBs and still only got to 6b by banging around learning rules on the fly. With practice I can see this one going very, very long.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
man, what a mess. I have no idea what's going on on this one. RTFM is next on to do list.

Moonbeam

Aug 24, 2015
It does seem like a fun table, and not overly complex. But DAMN I hate the new UI!!!!!!! I held off on the new updates until the new table was available and I see I made the right choice. This isn't the right thread for a UI rant I guess, but my main point is the table seems cool (assuming I can figure out the new UI :) )

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Never played it before but it seems pretty fun! Can't seem to find instructions though. So don't know if I understand what happened but when I completed all laps and won the race, nothing happened other than new race. No wizard mode? No multiball? Nothing? Disappointing. - (SPOILER WARNING - highligt the empty space above to see comment.)

I bought the season, gonna want all tables either way I guess. And if I just hurry through the UI and make it without puking it's still kind of like it was when playing.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Never played it before but it seems pretty fun! Can't seem to find instructions though. So don't know if I understand what happened but when I completed all laps and won the race, nothing happened other than new race. No wizard mode? No multiball? Nothing? Disappointing. - (SPOILER WARNING - highligt the empty space above to see comment.)

I bought the season, gonna want all tables either way I guess. And if I just hurry through the UI and make it without puking it's still kind of like it was when playing.

After doing either of those objectives, you have the opportunity to shoot the center eject for a Victory Lap. Stacking Victory Laps awards more points.

*Spoilers*

invitro

May 4, 2012
Wow, I am loving Indy 500. So far, I'm enjoying it more than any table since Road Show, at least. If it were in Season 5, it'd be a lock for my favorite table of that season. There are very few WMS DMD tables that I haven't played much, I500 is one, and that may be a big reason why. The shots all feel great. The physics feel really great, I think Farsight really did an outstanding job on this one. The table just looks beautiful, the playfield art, the little cars, the Light-Up targets, I love it all so much. I don't know why, but I particularly love the little colored flags for the Speedway awards. I think they remind me of old baseball cards.

I guess it's a little easy. Right now I'm in a game with 5212M, ball 1, 2 EB. The rules seem pretty simple, but there are still lots of things I haven't done. I got the Victory Lap during 3X scoring once, for 600M, and I think that should've been a goal. I see Tarek already has a 99.995B game.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Only played the free version. Going to hold off on buying the season till they completely overhaul this horrendously bad UI or preferably bring back the old one. Indy 500 seems fun, lots of multiball. Wish it used drop targets. Not as good as Corvette better than No Fear. Better than most of last season actually. But still wont buy it or any other table until they lose this god awful UI. Set my Kindle not to update so I can keep using the old UI and my past tables.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd be really surprised if they dump the new UI. You might be holding your breath a long time.
They've been working on it for a long time and seem committed to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.