Stern Pinball Arcade for Gear VR

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Exclusivity for the app? Why? I'm not so sure about that, digital pinball is really niche and there has been zero marketing and very little discussion for SPA in Gear VR.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Exclusivity for the app? Why? I'm not so sure about that, digital pinball is really niche and there has been zero marketing and very little discussion for SPA in Gear VR.
Why a Gear VR release and not a full Android release then? It's essentially the same game code with the VR presentation layer stacked on top.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I don't think it's that simple. For one thing, Android has a million different hardware configurations. The Samsung phones limit that pool and the Gear VR further focuses the display configuration.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't think it's that simple. For one thing, Android has a million different hardware configurations. The Samsung phones limit that pool and the Gear VR further focuses the display configuration.

You're overthinking it. To develop a Gear VR version, they'd need a base Android version, as well as the necessary shared code for iOS and PC versions, not to mention consoles. It makes no sense for them to release a VR version of the game before a non-VR version, unless there was some kind of deal involved that gives that platform a 6-month head start on everyone else.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
So if this is still due to come out on other platforms by the end of fall (Autumn if you speak proper English :p) that would be only a couple of months, December 20th as Winter begins 21st right? Day one PC release would make a nice Christmas present

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
So if this is still due to come out on other platforms by the end of fall (Autumn if you speak proper English :p) that would be only a couple of months, December 20th as Winter begins 21st right? Day one PC release would make a nice Christmas present
----------------
wasn't there a X-MAS '12 days (or something) til XMAS' once? I wonder if this will be something like that. :confused:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm looking forward to playing Stern's Star Trek and AC/DC. Preferably on the PS4 with, hopefully, the lighting similar to TPA. The VR versions look pretty bad.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for the link. But that webpage works like crap on ios. It does say that Star Trek, AC/DC AND Mustang will be available at launch whenever that is. Also, Ghostbusters and Whoa Nelly are coming.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for the link. But that webpage works like crap on ios. It does say that Star Trek, AC/DC AND Mustang will be available at launch whenever that is. Also, Ghostbusters and Whoa Nelly are coming.
--------
Who Nellie...didn't think that that had a shot. Thanx for the info. ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

What year? Playstation Network and XBox Live take forever to approve games. The WiiU version of TPA only took four years to come out. Plus it seems that FarSight is following the same broken business template they followed for TPA-release and rarely, if ever, fix.

I don't think we'll see STPA on any other platforms until the last pack of TPA season 6-and only if it is the final pack for it. Because something's got to give.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
What year? Playstation Network and XBox Live take forever to approve games. The WiiU version of TPA only took four years to come out. Plus it seems that FarSight is following the same broken business template they followed for TPA-release and rarely, if ever, fix.

I don't think we'll see STPA on any other platforms until the last pack of TPA season 6-and only if it is the final pack for it. Because something's got to give.

We could get it on PC by then. The Steam releases of The Pinball Arcade tables tend to come around the same time as the iOS/Android versions (give or take due to some issues). I don't see why PC can't be the first new platform choice for Stern Pinball Arcade.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I don't see why PC can't be the first new platform choice for Stern Pinball Arcade.

A hypothetical reason: if Stern doesn't want people using the PC version for cabinet setups over buying a real Stern machine. I have no idea if that's actually something that would happen, but presumably Stern's marketing research does.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
whoever in marketing researched this is a complete moron. Cab users just don't have the space or money to buy real pinball machines. Every pinhead who does owns multiple pins beside his virtual pincab. In nine out of ten cases those lucky people seek a real version of a virtual pin they really like.
I based this on absolutely nothing.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
A hypothetical reason: if Stern doesn't want people using the PC version for cabinet setups over buying a real Stern machine. I have no idea if that's actually something that would happen, but presumably Stern's marketing research does.
just look on SternTPA site in section of platforms which it will be released on.

Members online

Members online