Stern Pinball Arcade for Gear VR

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Awesome news on the tables! Ghostbusters too. I wonder if Game of Thrones/Metallica will eventually be included.

The website http://sternpinballarcade.com/ could really do with an update.....

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Facebook post a few hours ago announced that AC/DC has released on that platform that no one actually has. Whoopee.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Still says Ver 1.0, released 5/27/16.

Have they actually pushed an update? Because there isn't one available to me.

Regardless, I'm not paying $10 for a new table if they haven't fixed Star Trek or optimized the others. But why fix existing tables when you already got the money and could sell a new one that you know everyone wants!?

EDIT: i got the update. Nothing about improvements to existing tables in the version notes. My SST does seem to be running better than before. Can anyone with Star Trek confirm improvements? Someone willing to gamble on AC/DC?

EDIT 2: I spoke too soon! Still experiencing minor slowdown occasionally during normal play and MAJOR slowdown during multiball. Still not worth $5 for this performance quality, absolutely not worth $10.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You are very welcome. I know many folks hate Facebook.
Looks pretty great to me. Can't wait for this one to hit iOS.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
As much as I'm psyched for ACDC as well as Star Trek, am I the only one who thinks the graphics look like crap. There's no dynamic lighting. It's so blah... It basically looks like ios or android. I really hope these tables look better on PS4.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
As much as I'm psyched for ACDC as well as Star Trek, am I the only one who thinks the graphics look like crap. There's no dynamic lighting. It's so blah... It basically looks like ios or android. I really hope these tables look better on PS4.

The Stern Pinball Arcade still feels very new, and it might take some time before everything is caught up to speed for the DX11 version on PC, as well as other platforms.

Keep in mind, this is the GearVR version.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014

Well, it is running on an android phone, so.....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Who knows what version this is, plus it's from YouTube. I assume the PC and console versions will look better. People will freak out if they don't look great, especially for $10.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014

This is the mobile version, not PC. And it's mobile VR, it's gonna look pretty weak.

I will say that the ball physics in SPA feel slightly improved. Maybe it's in my head.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
stuipd gear vr*grumbles* old man stern keepin up with the kiddies heh. enjoy guys roll on ios/pc. bon scott is god just sayin

edit - sean doncarlos can finally unlock his windows and doors his machine is safe

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
New screenshots!

acdc.jpg

harleydavidson.jpg

st1.jpg

I take it these dont look great as there supposed to be for mobile VR devices!!??.......still it wont help sell the game for people who arent aware of this!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well the gear vr market will just be happy with the gimmick. ill gladly pay 10 dollars for most of these when i can, slap little dx11 lighting on those tables they will pop

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
After all FS's hype about vastly improved graphics in SPA, it's going to take more than a little dx11 lighting to deliver an impressive product, imho.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I saw a gameplay video for Star Trek and it looked terrible, granted this is Android we're talking about here. Hoping that the Steam product is a hell of a lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.