New Mac version in the works?

Jay

May 19, 2012
Just curious, since TPA has been updated on pretty much all platforms except the Mac: is there a Mac update in the works?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
as you probably know the macos version is based on ios i cant see it changing unless apple hardware starts focusing on gaming

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just curious, since TPA has been updated on pretty much all platforms except the Mac: is there a Mac update in the works?

There is a Mac version thats currently being worked on. It's highly likely to be updated with the next table release.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Good to know. Thanks, FlippyFloppy.

Also, the slow-down is still present.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Just checking back in on this. It's now been six months, yet there's been no update. It's interesting that when I play TPA on my PC's Steam account, it has the updated interface and looks (and plays) great -- even though the PC is running emulated on my Mac. But when I play the same native Steam account on my Mac, it's back to the old buggy interface.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
It's now been six months, yet there's been no update.

I'm guessing another victim of the focus on Stern Pinball Arcade. Even with the new interface, the Mac version would still be an iOS port. It's not like the graphics would be in the ballpark of the PC version.

Jay

May 19, 2012
It's not like the graphics would be in the ballpark of the PC version.

That's a shame. Since I'm running the PC version emulated, my Mac would certainly have enough horsepower for better graphics. But I guess it's not going to happen.

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
No paragon for Mac App Store or steam on Mac. Flippy Floppy, could you give us an update on why, and anything else that might be happening with all Mac versions? Thanks.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
No paragon for Mac App Store or steam on Mac. Flippy Floppy, could you give us an update on why, and anything else that might be happening with all Mac versions? Thanks.

We were close to adding controller support and the option to change keyboard mappings like steam currently has so we held off on the release to finish implementing it. I apologize for the delay.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
That's remarkable news! :D

I feel compelled, however to ask (once again), What controls will we be able to configure?

I assume some of the basics, like (up to) 4 flipper buttons, left/right table shake, and ball launch, but will there be an option for camera positioning? Table select? Pause/Resume? Some other function that will seem obvious once it's implemented?

I ask now, because I'm entering the fabrication phase of my project (which, with any luck, I'll be able to talk a little more openly about in a couple of months...:rolleyes:)

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
That's remarkable news! :D
I feel compelled, however to ask (once again), What controls will we be able to configure?

I assume some of the basics, like (up to) 4 flipper buttons, left/right table shake, and ball launch, but will there be an option for camera positioning? Table select? Pause/Resume? Some other function that will seem obvious once it's implemented? ...
Don't forget nudge up. Left and right are all that the Mac has now, but up is supported in PC land (and on real machines, of course.)

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Thank you... Good to know!:)

So... If one had a console with flipper buttons on the sides, and left/right nudge buttons on the top (within thumbs reach of the flippers), would it be better to have two sets of buttons (one each for up/down and left/right) on either side, or one button on either side (one for up/down, and one for left/right)?

I currently have one button on either side...

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
Just tested 7.1.0: on El Capitan you can actually change the controller/keyboard buttons
But it doesnt work in Sierra. Impossible to change anything

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.