BUG: Left orbit ends up in ramp spiral

WxManBookie

Jul 8, 2016
Just downloaded this table, and I'm intimately familiar with the real machine.

On the PC version, I have now 4 random times hit the ball through the left orbit and somehow had the ball end up on the right spiral ramp. Obviously this is impossible since the orbit takes you UNDER the ramp into the loop/pops/lock magnet area.

There is also some wonky physics with the lamp. It is possible to hit one of the posts squarely with a rather weak flip, and it spits out of control for 15+ spins.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've played this table after years today for the SGDQ MLPINBALL TPA Tournament and must say it's very buggy and has bad physics compared to later TPA releases. Another bug I always got is the camera freeze during the skillshot. And the leaderboard looks strange. I would say at least the first 300 scores are impossible. ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Another bug I always got is the camera freeze during the skillshot. And the leaderboard looks strange. I would say at least the first 300 scores are impossible. ;)
Tarek, I have a note to myself about the camera freeze:

"at the start of the game, there is a long delay while
the camera focuses on the skill shot. if you shoot while
the camera is focused on it, the camera WON'T COME BACK,
if Event Camera is set to ON (check). set it to OFF (bar-circle)
to make the camera come back to the normal view (slowly and
inefficiently) after the ball has been shot, thus saving
a few precious seconds in timed games."

The TotAN leaderboard is busted because its Farsight ID is (or was) 0, and tons of scores from other tables mistakenly went into TotAN's leaderboard at various times (scores for the wrong table gets in the leaderboards for other tables too, but not as much as TotAN). I have a small goal of making sense of its leaderboard some day, perhaps by marking all entries prior to a specific date as bad, or by looking at platforms. The leaderboard doesn't seem to be getting as many bad entries as before, but it still is some... and I recall that PSN was the main culprit.

I almost never play TotAN except for tourneys because of this problem, even though TotAN was my all-time favorite pinball machine for a very long time. It's probably the only TPA table that I'd re-purchase if Farsight was to redo it and fix everything.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Tarek, I have a note to myself about the camera freeze:
"at the start of the game, there is a long delay while
the camera focuses on the skill shot. if you shoot while
the camera is focused on it, the camera WON'T COME BACK,
if Event Camera is set to ON (check). set it to OFF (bar-circle)
to make the camera come back to the normal view (slowly and
inefficiently) after the ball has been shot, thus saving
a few precious seconds in timed games."

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it someday.

The TotAN leaderboard is busted because its Farsight ID is (or was) 0, and tons of scores from other tables mistakenly went into TotAN's leaderboard at various times (scores for the wrong table gets in the leaderboards for other tables too, but not as much as TotAN). I have a small goal of making sense of its leaderboard some day, perhaps by marking all entries prior to a specific date as bad, or by looking at platforms. The leaderboard doesn't seem to be getting as many bad entries as before, but it still is some... and I recall that PSN was the main culprit.

That should be a good explanation for the scores. At the moment I believe a 5B only score is very high for this table. A leaderboard reset would be a reason for me too for a TotaN comeback.

I almost never play TotAN except for tourneys because of this problem, even though TotAN was my all-time favorite pinball machine for a very long time. It's probably the only TPA table that I'd re-purchase if Farsight was to redo it and fix everything.

It was never one of my favourites IRL, in TPA I began to like it. With a redone for sure. TotaN has some good features and a good arabian sound.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.