iOS - Request Troll bombs on iPad

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
its been sometime since ive booted tpa on ios but afaik they activate every time you press the right flipper. so they arent really useful for a kingdom run. pretty broken imo. but its possible to get through the trolls on a fairly consistant basis with practice.

More often than not i was about 1-3 shots away and my nerves fail and profainty comes out, good times.

Buttt it might have been "fixed" now

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Ok thanks.

Dear Farsight. Please can you fix this bug. I have bought all the tables you released on the iOS format, please demonstrate that you still care about quality.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok thanks.

Dear Farsight. Please can you fix this bug. I have bought all the tables you released on the iOS format, please demonstrate that you still care about quality.

Been there since the beginning. If it is still there, you are praying for a miracle. It would be nice though.

I rarely play MM, so I didn't even realize it was still there.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
yeah my info might be alittled dated heh

but for what its worth it gives the table alittle more challenge on mobile lol

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Been there since the beginning. If it is still there, you are praying for a miracle.

So the issue is - you fire the troll bombs by pressing the launch button; but it tries to fire all bombs instantaneously?

Can't a simple piece of code be written to patch this? I don't know the language, but the logic would be something like this-
-—-------—
Troll bomb code - always check whether to activate these whenever Trolls are active, every X milliseconds

IF launch pressed and NOT at start of ball (when Trolls are never active anyway) then activate troll bombs
Otherwise, DON'T ACTIVATE THE THINGS

and

IF launch pressed at start of ball then DON'T activate troll bombs

Farsight, can you see why this is frustrating? Since the strategy thread for this table recommends to activate the bombs when you reach the wizard mode and not before, this simple omission has a big impact on playing the game. Please can you comment?

[MENTION=3401]BadgerDeluxe[/MENTION] [MENTION=33]Bobby King[/MENTION] [MENTION=4632]Colin[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=692]Jake Lopez[/MENTION] [MENTION=133]James David Manning[/MENTION] [MENTION=1037]Jason Juneau[/MENTION] [MENTION=1399]Jobernolte[/MENTION] [MENTION=2559]knowledge1987[/MENTION] [MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] [MENTION=3213]Mike Lindsey[/MENTION] [MENTION=132]Mike Reitmeyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=625]Norman[/MENTION] [MENTION=4262]PAProducer[/MENTION] [MENTION=626]Pinball Arcade[/MENTION] [MENTION=5482]pinball noob[/MENTION] [MENTION=1498]Rob Mann[/MENTION] [MENTION=3781]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] [MENTION=35]Ryan Routon [/MENTION] [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] [MENTION=1387]Stephen Snow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5878]Strikezilla01[/MENTION] [MENTION=2161]Zach[/MENTION] [MENTION=4024]Zodlike[/MENTION]

I am asking respectfully and politely, in the hope that you can fix this, or if not, then perhaps explain why it cannot be fixed. Maybe by contacting you all in this way, you could at least raise it at a team meeting or something.

Thank you

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

TPA can't do this. There is only one launch button. TPA can only "press launch" on the ROM in one way. TPA can't activate troll bombs separately from the plunger launch.

Also, TPA doesn't know when the start of a ball is. It only knows that the ROM wanted to fire the trough eject kicker. This could be for the start of a ball, or could be for a ball save, or to launch balls for a multiball, or even both to ball-save during multi.

The bug/misfeature is that touching anywhere on the right side of the screen to engage the right flipper also presses launch. This was probably deliberate design early on to simplify the UI for newbies (make sure they will launch a ball and start playing right away), but yeah this could and should have been cleaned up by now.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm intrigued enough by this that I'll see how this works on Android at lunchtime. Other tables where you need to press the launch button for a special in-game feature (thinking AFM's Martian Bombs, Jack*Bot cheat button, etc) there is a separate on-screen button that can be repositioned vertically away from the flipper zones. I don't recall having a problem in AFM, so I don't see MM being any different. We'll see.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Thank you Erik and Eldar. Yes, a perfect analogy is the Martian Bombs in AFM so I don't see why they can't just implement that the same way.

Silence, not one answer from the 25 Farsight employees (by their own statements) who I tagged in the post and whom, at least some of them, will therefore have been notified of my post. Surely they won't just completely ignore me?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thank you Erik and Eldar. Yes, a perfect analogy is the Martian Bombs in AFM so I don't see why they can't just implement that the same way.

Silence, not one answer from the 25 Farsight employees (by their own statements) who I tagged in the post and whom, at least some of them, will therefore have been notified of my post. Surely they won't just completely ignore me?
First, it's only just gone 9am in California. So they've only just started work. Second, try emailing support@pinballarcade.com instead; that's the official support channel for TPA, not the forum.

Anyway, here's what it looks like on Android:
bfb7dd30f5b669f6d33655e377a0ba20.jpg

That button can be moved higher. It's not there on iOS?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
tbh it just seems to be a long ignored bug, but its all abit of a roller coaster, youll get a reply as soon as someone can confirm the bug

if its been fixed in the mean time im sorry for bugging oot hahha

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
So the issue is - you fire the troll bombs by pressing the launch button; but it tries to fire all bombs instantaneously?

Can't a simple piece of code be written to patch this? I don't know the language, but the logic would be something like this-
-—-------—
Troll bomb code - always check whether to activate these whenever Trolls are active, every X milliseconds

IF launch pressed and NOT at start of ball (when Trolls are never active anyway) then activate troll bombs
Otherwise, DON'T ACTIVATE THE THINGS

and

Farsight, can you see why this is frustrating? Since the strategy thread for this table recommends to activate the bombs when you reach the wizard mode and not before, this simple omission has a big impact on playing the game. Please can you comment?

[MENTION=3401]BadgerDeluxe[/MENTION] [MENTION=33]Bobby King[/MENTION] [MENTION=4632]Colin[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=692]Jake Lopez[/MENTION] [MENTION=133]James David Manning[/MENTION] [MENTION=1037]Jason Juneau[/MENTION] [MENTION=1399]Jobernolte[/MENTION] [MENTION=2559]knowledge1987[/MENTION] [MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] [MENTION=3213]Mike Lindsey[/MENTION] [MENTION=132]Mike Reitmeyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=625]Norman[/MENTION] [MENTION=4262]PAProducer[/MENTION] [MENTION=626]Pinball Arcade[/MENTION] [MENTION=5482]pinball noob[/MENTION] [MENTION=1498]Rob Mann[/MENTION] [MENTION=3781]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] [MENTION=35]Ryan Routon [/MENTION] [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] [MENTION=1387]Stephen Snow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5878]Strikezilla01[/MENTION] [MENTION=2161]Zach[/MENTION] [MENTION=4024]Zodlike[/MENTION]

I am asking respectfully and politely, in the hope that you can fix this, or if not, then perhaps explain why it cannot be fixed. Maybe by contacting you all in this way, you could at least raise it at a team meeting or something.

Thank you

I'll look into it and see what we can do regarding the issue or give you an answer as to why we can't do it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yes, that's the launch button. It's there. I was hoping that it could be used to launch Troll Bombs

On Android - it only appears when the ball is in play. When you're launching the ball, there's no button, just clicking in the flip area launches the ball.

I would suggest that in the iOS version, the code that links clicking in the flip area with launching the ball is broken; it's "on" all the time - it must "know" when to display the button.

Of course I never got a Troll Bomb for a proper test. First shot into Merlin and it started Trolls. Typical.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
On Android - it only appears when the ball is in play. When you're launching the ball, there's no button, just clicking in the flip area launches the ball.

I would suggest that in the iOS version, the code that links clicking in the flip area with launching the ball is broken; it's "on" all the time - it must "know" when to display the button.

Of course I never got a Troll Bomb for a proper test. First shot into Merlin and it started Trolls. Typical.

The issue only occurs when activating the Right flipper after troll bombs have been collected and only during Multi-Ball with 2 or More Madness events such as Catapult, Joust, Peasant or Damsel Madness. Were looking into why only mobile devices are affected and why it's only for that mode.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Good job Dan, although "ampersand-bombing" may be a tad overboard? :) I have been hoping for a fix for a long time, so that I can cross out that effin wizard goal of winning BftK....
Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.