So How 'Bout Dem Wizard Goals?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok, I get it. I'm not a completionist when it comes to wizard goals. Sometimes I go for them if they sound fun or interesting to me. Many goals are just too much of a grind for me.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I was able to get the all-stars on Android - for me the key was not always shooting for the gaps - keep in mind that the hole in the lower right (the "start mode" hole) will also give you an all-star. So if the ball is either at the upper left or lower left flipper, shoot the hole as I find that easier to hit dependably than the left gap. If on the right flipper, shoot for the left gap and pray. :)

No idea how I'm going to get the home runs or Frank Thomas cards. :)

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Been working on building up Frank Thomas cards, both for the wizard goal and the fact that there are some sweet payouts for higher card numbers. Here are the only ways I've seen to build them up:

Bullpen awards: Up to 10 cards at a go. Completely random and I've been trying to find a reliable way to get a ball into the bullpen in the first place. Does anyone know if it's possible to slow an orbit shot down enough with a nudge to send it there?

Frank Thomas Cards mode: I found that if I can get the third ball into play then very quickly shoot two of the three into the right hole, they will often get stuck there. I can keep the last ball in play to make careful orbit shots much easier. Gotten to about 15 cards this way, but getting those balls stuck in the first place is tricky.

Left outlane: 3 cards. Not bad, but I can't think of any way to make a long term strategy out of this. Disabled during multiball of course...

Steal Base: Scoop + Scoop (6 sec timer) + Drop Target = 1 card. Can't get more than a few cards this way and I've had more than a few drains from missed shots to the scoop.

Any other suggestions? Any ways to get cards that I've missed?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Been working on building up Frank Thomas cards, both for the wizard goal and the fact that there are some sweet payouts for higher card numbers. Here are the only ways I've seen to build them up:

Bullpen awards: Up to 10 cards at a go. Completely random and I've been trying to find a reliable way to get a ball into the bullpen in the first place. Does anyone know if it's possible to slow an orbit shot down enough with a nudge to send it there?

Frank Thomas Cards mode: I found that if I can get the third ball into play then very quickly shoot two of the three into the right hole, they will often get stuck there. I can keep the last ball in play to make careful orbit shots much easier. Gotten to about 15 cards this way, but getting those balls stuck in the first place is tricky.

Left outlane: 3 cards. Not bad, but I can't think of any way to make a long term strategy out of this. Disabled during multiball of course...

Steal Base: Scoop + Scoop (6 sec timer) + Drop Target = 1 card. Can't get more than a few cards this way and I've had more than a few drains from missed shots to the scoop.

Bah I've been playing too much Witcher 3, I instantly started thinking about how to get more Gwent cards. Can't help with Big Hurt, I think you've listed 'em all.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015

I just got this goal by spamming the Bullpen reward. It's not very efficient, but the shots are pretty safe so if you miss you usually get a home run, advance inning, or players choice.

This video also shows my preferred Home Run shot so this strategy works for that goal as well. Shoot when the glove is coming towards the flipper with the ball on it. That way if you miss your shot, the glove usually doesn't interfere.

Basically, you want to shoot with the left flipper to the right black post behind the glove. The ball then bounces down to the pop bumpers and hopefully hits them to collect the bullpen award. Many times it doesn't hit the pop bumpers so I usually try to nudge it. This method is tedious as you have to get all the Bullpen awards before it lets you get the card awards for the second time. It took me so long that by the end of it I had over 5b and 60+ home runs, but like I said it is pretty safe. Got the goal on ball 2.

FYI from the right flipper trap I always shoot for the Home Run or Left Gap to transfer the ball to the left flipper. Backhand transfer passing on mobile sometimes limps SDTM.

Good luck!

PS
Has anyone seen the missing glove bug on mobile? I haven't.

Was stuck on the all-star roster WG. Got this goal the hard way.

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Thanks for the tips. I haven't made it back to this goal since EBD came out, but I'll try that shot and give it another go.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Score a Double Super Jackopt
Scoring a Double Super Jackpot was one of the more annoying wizard goals simply because it required many shots to the bullpen with no direct way to get there. The best method I found for hitting the bullpen was to deflect the ball off the black padding to the right of the home run hole. I saw a video of a guy hitting this padding from the left flipper but I was never able to make that shot so I resorted to using the right flipper. There are 3 card awards in the bullpen (10 cards, 5 cards, and 3 cards). Unfortunately you have to earn all of the unique bullpen awards before they will show up again. In other words, you can't get lucky and get 10 cards three times in a row.

So here was my basic strategy:
- Keep catching the ball on the right flipper (or pass from the left flipper).
- Wait for the glove to start heading to the left and then hit a semi-early shot off the right flipper in an attempt to hit that right padding. You'll see in the video I experimented with some nudging to try to hit the padding but I didn't get that to work at all.
- If you hit the padding, nudge a bit to try to ensure the ball hits the pop bumper to trigger the bullpen award. It's easy to get up there and miss the bullpen.
- If you miss you will typically just get a home run and this sometimes also sends the ball into the bullpen for you. It also then just goes down to the left flipper for an easy catch. Rinse and repeat.
- If you raise the middle ramp just wait for it to go back down. I never had any luck hitting the bullpen when the ramp was raised.
- You'll notice that whenever I hit the glove I would start the next game mode. This was intentional because both the Golden Glove and Night Game modes send one ball to the right flipper and another one starts up at the pop bumper. If you let the lower ball just drain, then the one in the pop bumpers has a chance to still be up there to enter the bullpen when the mode ends. I think I only got this to work one time in the video, but it's worth trying every time. There is also the Frank Thomas Card mode where you have a three ball multiball to hit the orbits to collect cards. In theory you could just cycle through the modes and earn all your cards by playing this mode, but you'd have to start all the other modes to repeat this mode so it would also take a while. I didn't find any way to get a consistent ball catch after hitting either orbit so there was no way to farm this mode that I could find. For the other game modes, just let the mode timeout or drain all but one ball for any multiball modes. You can play them if you want, but since trying to collect cards is long and tedious I wouldn't want to risk losing the ball.

Here is a video of earning a double super jackpot:

Last edited:

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Fill the All-Star Roster
The goal for filling the All-Star roster is quite a bit easier than I initially thought. You have to make 9 shots in 20 seconds in order to fill your roster during the All-Star game mode. You can easily cycle through the game modes by making a quick shot off the left flipper to hit the right bumper and then re-catch it. Repeat this until All Stars is selected and then shoot the Begin Round hole. Don't try this from the right flipper because the ball will deflect into the Begin Round hole prematurely. Initially I was trying to make live shots and hope to miss the glove, but that was not working very well most of the time. I then decided to catch the ball with the right flipper to time my shot up the middle followed by a semi-live shot to the Begin Round hole on the right. This was a much more controlled approach and I had plenty of time to make all 9 shots. The countdown timer seems to either be slower than actual seconds or it pauses briefly when you make a shot because it's definitely more than 20 real seconds.

One thing to note about this goal is that it glitches a lot. The display periodically shows how many players are in the lineup and you need to make sure it shows when there are 9 players in the lineup. This means that you may have to wait for the display to stabilize before hitting the 9th shot. If you hit the 9th shot while it's still showing "8 players in lineup" then you will not be awarded the wizard goal because the display won't ever show "9 players in lineup"! My recommendation is to ignore the display and count the players until you get to 8, then wait a second and shoot the final shot. You should have enough time to do this, and then the goal will be yours!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.