August Tournament

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
When playing this tournament I noticed The tilt feature was disabled on my iPad three. It wasn't possible to tilt out on any game in this tournament. Nudging had no effect. This was true of every game in in the tournament. Then I tried a non-tournament game. Same deal. Now this morning, with tournament over, all is back to normal. This means I was handicaped throughout the entire tournament. Hardly fair. I now question all the scores in this tournament.

Tilt was definitely on for me - nudge nudge tilt. iOS

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
WWater: 3019M for #4, in three full plays, but many restarts again. I'm gradually getting better about hitting the lock standups and starting a 4th (and a 5th, I think) multiball, but I didn't play them well, they were short and I usually had only 2X jackpot, with one 5X going. I don't know when is best to stop getting Rafts and building the jackpot, but I don't think I'm too far off. I used Whirlpool Challenge to build jackpot, and don't know if that's good. Tourney White Water is complex for me.

I can't imagine that another strategy beat a full 20 minutes whirlpool challenge. This will result in a +-5B score. For faster scoring I always play with two active balls until the whirlpool score is maxed, then I catch one ball on the left and play safe with the other ball only. In addition I avoid to complete a river class. The DMD animation after class 6 waste time.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I can't imagine that another strategy beat a full 20 minutes whirlpool challenge. This will result in a +-5B score. For faster scoring I always play with two active balls until the whirlpool score is maxed, then I catch one ball on the left and play safe with the other ball only. In addition I avoid to complete a river class. The DMD animation after class 6 waste time.

Ha I was upset at some of the dmd animations that you can't skip and the tourney clock doesn't pause for. I was grateful that you could skip the MB mulltiball animations and jump right int the multiball by pressing (both?) flippers.

IRL on the game of thrones table I just found out you can skip the house mode animations by pressing both flippers. They were cool to watch (and wait for ) the first 50 times.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
So there is another August tourney going. 10 tables 5 min each. Ihad lots of fun playing that last "speed run" tourney for the laptop. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up see you on the scoreboard:).

Now if they would only fix Mondter Bash multiball cam or at the very least pick a non bugged table for the competition:p

invitro

May 4, 2012
So there is another August tourney going. 10 tables 5 min each. Ihad lots of fun playing that last "speed run" tourney for the laptop. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up see you on the scoreboard:).
Hmm, where did that come from? Looks like it's been going on for awhile, maybe two days? Thanks for posting this, I'll have to check it out. I hope it's not restricted to VIPs.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Why not? It hasn't been in a Steam tourney yet (nor has Fireball) so I'm looking forward to playing it.

The randomness of the Billion awards always determines how well you do in a 5 minute round. Basically, you're at the mercy of the Big Wheel every game. It makes Bride of Pin*Bot look more like a game of luck along with the skill of making the ramps over and over again in hopes of the billion.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The randomness of the Billion awards always determines how well you do in a 5 minute round. Basically, you're at the mercy of the Big Wheel every game. It makes Bride of Pin*Bot look more like a game of luck along with the skill of making the ramps over and over again in hopes of the billion.

More than one Billionaires Club in 5 minutes seems unlikely. I would play for the Backdoor Billion instead as a solution without luck factor.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
More than one Billionaires Club in 5 minutes seems unlikely. I would play for the Backdoor Billion instead as a solution without luck factor.

I got it once and lit it a second time in under 2 minutes I missed the shot but would not be surprised at all if you or another top player got 3 billionaire shots in one 5 min game

I tried to look at the rakings and the website seems to have the rakings from last tourney up still? Can't wait until they re implement the in game tourney leader boards

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I got it once and lit it a second time in under 2 minutes I missed the shot but would not be surprised at all if you or another top player got 3 billionaire shots in one 5 min game.

Seems that you're right. The best score is 4B at the moment. Ok, no Backdoor Billion play. I won't play this tournament. One per month is enough...

Moose

Aug 16, 2016
The high scores don't seem to be working for me at the moment. Is anyone else having this issue

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.