Can't hit that darn loop!

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I'm back on this table in the current tournament, and I know my score could be so much better if I just could consistently hit the upper loop! I don't know if it's an Android thing, but I can consistently hit Rudy's stupid mouth (hate that dummy), but I've tried all different timings and I cannot hit the loop for jackpot consistently. It either hits the bumper between the loop and Rudy or it hits Superdog or (worst) it goes down the right outlane!

Maybe I need to try a different camera view? I use locked camera 2.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

invitro

May 4, 2012
Kind of the same thing for me on PC. I smashed my tourney high in my 1st thru 3rd games (in this tourney) on MB, RBIoN, MM, EatPM, and WWater, and came close in my 1st on CC, but I'm at only 120M on FH, in 4 games, and my high is 143M, and my 1st game was ~40M. I've found that I can hit the jackpot pretty well (about 40%, I'll guess) if I hold the other ball on the R flipper, and focus hard on the upper flipper, waiting for the ball to come out of the Hallway. But if I don't focus that way, or if the other ball is not trapped, I don't have a chance (about 15%).

Also: the jackpot shot is one of the infamous eight impossible shots: the "tuning" for those shots were changed about a year ago on PC. I can never remember if those changed were made to all platforms; if they haven't come to Android, or perhaps even if they have, you should read the strategy thread for Funhouse. I remember some specific tips on the jackpot shot there, including something from [MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION].

FWIW: I played the real machine tons and was very good on it, I remember routinely getting 100M on my first ball in league games. That was twenty years ago, but I think the difficulty of the FH shots in TPA is very close to that of the machine. The main difference seems to me to be that on the machine, a large fraction of my jackpots were made on non-direct or random falls into the scoop, while that hardly ever happens on TPA.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Which is the jackpot shot? Is it the trapdoor part of the loop, the mystery mirror, or the ball lock (hidden hallway)?

As far as I can tell, the three dots in front of the flipper on the playfield art are a fine indication of where the ball has to be for the trapdoor. Any further down the flipper and you'll likely bounce off Superdog. Any further up and you'll hit Rudy's mouth.

The carom shot described in the strategy thread is interesting and maybe works if you're coming from the lock release but I don't reliably reproduce that.

Of course, I play on camera 4 so I can't actually see the dots when I play, so I sort of have to bluff.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The "jackpot" is the trapdoor loop.

it is a bit harder than real life.

On certain platforms it is a bit easier than others. On Playstation 3 it was never impossible, but on xbox and PC it was impossible to do in the intended manner from a hidden hallway feed.

The issue people had with mobile was they were unable to see the ball coming.

the other shot that was much harder then real life was hidden hallway right after ramp, which i have greater success in real life then on TPA. Hence all the dead bouncing of the kickout on TPA.

Gen_Giu

Jul 7, 2017
Got it at last :) Thank you for all of the tips I read in this thread.
I use to play on Steam with my laptop and an INTEL/NVIDIA GPU with 2 GB.
What worked for me was:
- nudging right if the ball speed is too high;
- dosing the strength of the left upper flipper; I mean never using the maximum;
- timing; if all previous are met thing to use your finger as a metronome when pressing the button.
Here is a video on a 3 loops Trapdoor jackpot may be of help: https://youtu.be/bJrr0DlWwNg
By the way, setting up a different resolution (windowed and larger) may be of help too.
Mine was: full-screen low resolution after having tried: windowed low resolution.
Regarding the camera setting: may help but to be honest I don't remember what was the set up when I have succeeded.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online