Ten specials wizard goal

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I got 7 in my last try by going for the bank shot all the time. Once you drop the 2x and 3x, the shot is a lot safer. It then alternates easily between 50000 and special. Is this what other folks are doing?

Steve

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got 7 in my last try by going for the bank shot all the time. Once you drop the 2x and 3x, the shot is a lot safer. It then alternates easily between 50000 and special. Is this what other folks are doing?

Steve
It's good for topping up. Otherwise just play normally; lots of other specials to collect in a longish game. Helps to complete back box DELUXE too because that's three.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

strells

Oct 7, 2014
The possibility of me getting all of the DELUXE letters in a single game is pretty much nil. I spent most of Saturday afternoon playing game after game without quitting or resetting to finally spell DELUXE and get the goal.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You don't need to get them in a single game. As long as you don't quit a game or reset the table, the letters stay lit from game to game until they're completed.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Yes, but that means the game where I get the "E" I would still have to get 7 other specials. Tricky.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I finally got this goal after trying to approach it different ways, and I think strells is right. At least for people of mediocre pinball skills like me, abusing the bank shot is the easiest way to go about this one. The best I've managed playing regularly and getting specials as available was 7. 10 is possible for me, but would require an absolutely awesome game, and I would probably need to get at least a few from the bank shot anyway. The bank shot is dangerous, ricochets from the post can go right down the outlane, and at minimum requires 24 shots to get the goal, but by practicing the shot I was able to make it consistently enough to build the specials to 10.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This is a great goal.

This game is awesome at looking easy, everything you need to do is so simple but it's always easier said than done.

7 shots up the left lane for the EB? Pfft easy, and it is an easy shot. But just try getting those 7 shots to begin with.
Save for 7 shots to get that special (is it 8?) the next ball.

6 shots for the bank shot special? No problem, until you try it and realize that that shot is russian roulette.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I didn't realize they meant all in one game at first, because on my actual machine I have it set where you can only earn 1 free game per credit. This is my last goal to get, and yeah, it's a bear. For those looking to game the system a bit, you can always use the THING ball to quickly get DELUX and then drain the game. Change back to a regular ball, and now the next deluxe you score will get you the 3 specials.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
A year later and I finally got this goal! As expected it was a combination of repeated hits to the bank shot and multiple safer shots to the eight ball. I actually ended up with 12 or 13 credits!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
A year later and I finally got this goal! As expected it was a combination of repeated hits to the bank shot and multiple safer shots to the eight ball. I actually ended up with 12 or 13 credits!

Congrats. I still have yet to achieve this.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
There are many ways to collect specials on this table so perhaps just playing a good game will earn you this wizard goal. However, this is the easiest way to earn 10 specials pretty quickly. Once you open up the side pocket then each hit to it alternates between 50k points and the Special. So basically, open up the side pocket and then 20 side pocket shots earns 10 Specials. The only real caveat is that this shot can be a little tricky to hit, as you can see in the video. Fortunately, missing the shot a little late results in an easy safe recapture of the ball. Missing it early can be a little precarious sometimes. Once you hit the side pocket, just hold up both flipper and let the ball come back to rest. Just pay attention because once in a while it will try to roll off the left flipper, but not often. Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.