Eight Ball Deluxe - Tactics and Strategies

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Satandouche,
Nice post and comments on the gameplay, I recognize how you can post transfer with multiple backflips to get the ball going. Kind of defeats it's purpose on the long run, because I would like to have a faster transfer method from R-L and back. My favorite one now is shooting the left sidepocket shot (Bonus X) for 50K or Special and let it bounce upwards from the right flipper towards the droptarget/Deluxe target area. Most of the times it comes back to the right flipper (drop targets have to be down) but in a few instances it wil hit the top of the right slingshot and end up at the left flipper instead. Also quite elaborate but this method at least yields points. I hate to burst your bubble but I'm fairly sure I was already ahead of you on iOS with a 13M+ game, and I suspect Toolinit and Gus will be even further along. So 11M won't cut it I'm afraid for top position, but it sure is a great score, maybe still top #10 on iOS!

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Hi Satandouche,
Nice post and comments on the gameplay, I recognize how you can post transfer with multiple backflips to get the ball going. Kind of defeats it's purpose on the long run, because I would like to have a faster transfer method from R-L and back. My favorite one now is shooting the left sidepocket shot (Bonus X) for 50K or Special and let it bounce upwards from the right flipper towards the droptarget/Deluxe target area. Most of the times it comes back to the right flipper (drop targets have to be down) but in a few instances it wil hit the top of the right slingshot and end up at the left flipper instead. Also quite elaborate but this method at least yields points. I hate to burst your bubble but I'm fairly sure I was already ahead of you on iOS with a 13M+ game, and I suspect Toolinit and Gus will be even further along. So 11M won't cut it I'm afraid for top position, but it sure is a great score, maybe still top #10 on iOS!

Nice going Slam23. Fooled by the IOS leaderboard update issue into thinking I may have the #1 score!

Well, I was number 1 for awhile at least... In my mind ;). It did seem a little strange that I'd get the top score after playing this pin for only a short time.

I agree on the IOS "rocking" rail pass transfer method not being ideal or even practical, not to metion it's also boring and drain inducing. I did use the exact method you talked about in my 11 mil game. I was going for the multiple special goal so I was targeting the bonus x shot and did notice that the ball was very predictable with the drop targets down. Good strategy.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
As mentioned, the best way to rack up points on this table is to max out the bonus multiplier, hit a bunch of pool ball targets, and then cash in the bonus at the corner pocket. You'll see toward the end of the video that hitting the corner pocket was worth nearly 1 million points after clearing the pool balls three times!

However, if you're struggling to keep the ball in play when hitting the pool balls this video also shows some techniques for hitting most of those targets pretty safely using flipper bumper deflections. You can deflect off the bumpers to hit some of the ball targets on the right as well as the rollover lane without actually entering the upper area. The rollover shot is particularly useful for grabbing that extra ball safely because the ball will just fall back down to the left flipper for an easy catch!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
As mentioned, the best way to rack up points on this table is to max out the bonus multiplier, hit a bunch of pool ball targets, and then cash in the bonus at the corner pocket. You'll see toward the end of the video that hitting the corner pocket was worth nearly 1 million points after clearing the pool balls three times!

However, if you're struggling to keep the ball in play when hitting the pool balls this video also shows some techniques for hitting most of those targets pretty safely using flipper bumper deflections. You can deflect off the bumpers to hit some of the ball targets on the right as well as the rollover lane without actually entering the upper area. The rollover shot is particularly useful for grabbing that extra ball safely because the ball will just fall back down to the left flipper for an easy catch!

Good gawd what a tedious way to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.