Bug Inlane Rails are Blinding

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
On the Steam version of EBD the lights(?) on the bottom rail of the inlanes are just blinding. This is very noticeable when the room lights, in DX11, are turned down to lower than 20%

These light spots are so bright that it is blinding, and even when the bulb brightness is set to 0% they are still the brightest thing on the table. It is so bright you can see the light point through the rail metal. This makes no sense from an artist perspective.

This is at Room Brightness 10%, and Bulb 0%

Notice how light points look under metal on the actual table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep.

I mentioned this in the beta. My best guess has always been that there is some filter/algorithm FarSight uses for dynamic lighting that picks up on hot spots light should bounce off of. Problem is, it doesn't take into consideration the source of that light or the material the object is made of. When dynamic lighting was first introduced, coin doors used to glow like this as if they were lit. Certain plastics also looked lit from above when they should have been opaque and lit underneath. If I'm not mistaken, art department needs to do a custom pass on these type of things and this one slipped past them. Which is unfortunate, as FarSight's art department is notorious for how long it takes them to fix a bug after a table has been released (witness the BONUS insert on Genie).

The part that gripes me the most, is how little light certain elements that should reflect light don't. Bart in Cactus Canyon or the fighter in Champion Pub should be visible from the spill of nearby light, but instead are black holes for light. Again though, this would require an art pass apparently.

Members online

Members online