Not impressed with dr.Who

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The table slope was increased during beta testing. I find it plays pretty close to the real thing. As for the gameplay, that's personal preference so I won't comment.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
come on guys is this because theres no matt smith of do you find the games features ****? i believe theres issue with ball speed atm atleast in beta

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm playing the trial version on iOS, iPad Air 2. Frame drops! Why are there frame drops!?

Yes, the ball is too slow. There is a Dr. Who in excellent condition by me that I can compare this too. TPA is off.

gg fs

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It's ok. BUT, I'm not a Dr. Who fan so I don't GET it. To me, it's a modification of PinBot.

I'm not a Who fan either but I enjoy the table. It is quite similar to pinbot at first glance, but it's a more interesting layout and a mucher deeper ruleset.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I'm gonna try and give it a go over the weekend.
I've played the table IRL so will be interesting to see how FS have done. Not bought a table in a while so noy played TPA much. Looking forward to tourney :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just came in looking to see if a thread existed regarding this table feeling off.
I've played a few IRL but a long time ago and in pretty poor condition.

I personally think the flipper shot accuracy is what's making this one feel off. With rolling shots in TPA it's relatively hard to hit the time expander which is a massive target. Only shots on the absolute upper portion of the flipper go anywhere near. This gives you awful shot accuracy and forces you to play a catch and stop to shoot style of strategy which I don't remember in the original. It flowed more.

Although this table wasn't my favourite irl either.

There's also a bug with the launch button in Android if playing with touch input. There's a huge Deadzone above the launch button which means if you position the button at 35% like I do, which puts the button between the flipper and nudge zone, the Deadzone completely renders the right nudge useless.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I like the art and sounds effects, perhaps the physics need a little tweaking, though I'm finding it challenging in iOS...of course I'm a pretty horrible player to begin with. :p

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
The ball does seem to move a bit slow on this one, compared to the gameplay videos I have seen. I just played Bram Stoker's Dracula after playing Dr Who and that one has much better ball speed.

Also when the ball hits the tips of the flippers at high speed it slows the ball way down. The last couple of tables have had the same problem with the physics. Seems off to me.

AJB

Sep 11, 2016
Also when the ball hits the tips of the flippers at high speed it slows the ball way down. The last couple of tables have had the same problem with the physics. Seems off to me.

That is feeling I am getting too. The ball just dies momentum-wide upon hitting the flippers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GET

May 1, 2016
I'm not sure if this is the game or pinball arcade, but sometimes when launching the ball, (the button is too big on iOS) the outlane sound plays.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I dunno I'm actually liking this one more than the real deal. To me it seems a slightly more difficult. As mention its hard to shoot on in the time-expander locks on the fly - particularly the left one. Same trouble shooting the left Dalek in multiball. On the few real tables I've played I don't recall having too much trouble shooting in there. But a bit easier to do the multiplier loop and shoot up the ramp to the Tardis. The outlanes seem just as hungry as ever.

So it seems to be a bit of a trade off with making loop/tardis shots easier and expander shots harder. I kinda like it as it in the real game I'm hearding the Dalek screams constantly (very annoying audio) and here it's a challenge to get all three.

Haven't had any issues with the game seeming slow or ball movement going slow - this is the PC version. I also seem to notice a few more mechanical sounds like when the balls pop out of the locks and I think there's some additional mechanical sounds when launching the ball. Those actually help with the immersion so hopefully more are added.

So for me I'm a-ok with this table release.

Members online

Members online